Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I'm guessing Chadron, Mesa, Mines, and Pueblo from the RMAC all look for games. Possibly others as well but those programs have certainly made football a priority.
    I've never read anything, did the RMAC officially postpone or cancel for the Fall?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Interesting. They changed the 2020 schedule on the website to 9/19 and a game every 2 weeks for 5 total games with TBD. I have heard nothing though and assumed they gave in to the LSC ruling. Colorado Mesa is looking for fall or spring games. The new HC posted on Twitter.
      If I remember McBroom's comments correctly, he said WT would abide by whatever the State of Texas and the A&M system dictate. I don't recall him mentioning the LSC.

North American is heading to Canyon on Halloween.

https://www.na.edu/athletics/schedule/

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

If I remember McBroom's comments correctly, he said WT would abide by whatever the State of Texas and the A&M system dictate. I don't recall him mentioning the LSC.

Interesting, North American's schedule has changed a million times haha. Credit to them for wanting games.

In the LSC release, I swore it said no outside competition would be allowed. I probably read it wrong or took it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I've never read anything, did the RMAC officially postpone or cancel for the Fall?
          They moved fall sports to the spring.

https://rmacsports.org/news/2020/8/1...all-udate.aspx
          • There will be no football championship contested.
          • Institutions have the discretion to schedule conference and non-conference opponents.
          Doesn't sound like they want any fall football to take place but not sure if they can really stop teams from scheduling "scrimmages" or what action they would take against those who do so.

Comment

I had never heard of this school before... is it going to be a bloodbath?

Comment

I would suspect WT HAS to play football. Probably will have reduced enrollments this Fall and no $ coming in for football. I see where they are trying to rent out the new stadium.

I have heard a few WT alum say its not causing a financial issue for WT....but lets be realistic. Every institition is losing a ton in general....then add in lost revenues for ALL Fall sports....but still having to pay the bills. And in WT case millions for a new stadium. Now I see why McBoom is pushing HARD for Fall sports....especially football.

Could the timing be any worse?

Comment

Kale Steed posted on his Twitter that a credible source has come forward and said WT will be playing fall football.

Correction, WT is close to finalizing a schedule for fall football.
                Last edited by BuffTough; 08-19-2020, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                  I would suspect WT HAS to play football. Probably will have reduced enrollments this Fall and no $ coming in for football. I see where they are trying to rent out the new stadium.

I have heard a few WT alum say its not causing a financial issue for WT....but lets be realistic. Every institition is losing a ton in general....then add in lost revenues for ALL Fall sports....but still having to pay the bills. And in WT case millions for a new stadium. Now I see why McBoom is pushing HARD for Fall sports....especially football.

Imagine being Tarleton right now lol

Comment

Looks like there will be an announcement this Friday

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
                      Looks like there will be an announcement this Friday
                      Unlike the rest of the LSC, WT HAS to try & play Fall Football (and really all other fall sports). McBoom got them TRAPPED financially. I would not want to be in his shoes or associated with WT. Gonna be a CLUSTER F**K.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

I had never heard of this school before... is it going to be a bloodbath?
                        Nobody has ever heard of them, including me, and I live about 20 miles away..

I watched most of the games online last year but I am going to find something better to do that watch us play joke teams.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Who would rent it, Happy High? CISD already has a fine stadium.

What about all those concerts we were going to have on campus because driving 5 minutes was too far? That should have brought in a ton of cash last fall.

Comment

What about all those concerts we were going to have on campus because driving 5 minutes was too far? That should have brought in a ton of cash last fall.
                            Little late now since high school schedules have come out but a possible scenario would have been Randall using Kimbrough and Canyon using WT stadium. Would have made it easier for both teams to play at home the same week.

Assuming Canyon high still plays their games at Kimbrough. Its been several years since I have kept up with their football team.
                            Last edited by Buffalo/Islander Alum; 08-20-2020, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Tascosa plays Permian in October at the stadium. I'm sure for other high quality games and playoff games

Comment

Dr. Wendler speaks about fall sports. http://walterwendler.com/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X