Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Unlike the rest of the LSC, WT HAS to try & play Fall Football (and really all other fall sports). McBoom got them TRAPPED financially. I would not want to be in his shoes or associated with WT. Gonna be a CLUSTER F**K.
    I'm pretty sure more schools in the LSC is taking this same approach. I doubt WT is the only team in the conference that is going to play this Fall but could be wrong. TRAPPED Financially? LOL, you must not know WT. They are the last school I think has money issues. and for being a cluster **** ummmm that describes the year of 2020 so welcome to party !
    Last edited by AmaKnight; 08-20-2020, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Nobody has ever heard of them, including me, and I live about 20 miles away..

I watched most of the games online last year but I am going to find something better to do that watch us play joke teams.
      So what would you prefer they do instead not have a season ?

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post

I'm pretty sure more schools in the LSC is taking this same approach. I doubt WT is the only team in the conference that is going to play this Fall but could be wrong. TRAPPED Financially? LOL, you must not know WT. They are the last school I think has money issues. and for being a cluster **** ummmm that describes the year of 2020 so welcome to party !
        After doing some research . Now I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. We may be the lone wolf in this one lol .

Comment

So what would you prefer they do instead not have a season ?
          Find some decent teams. Why not play a D1 team instead of a joke team?

Comment

After doing some research . Now I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. We may be the lone wolf in this one lol .
            Rumor mill has Angelo and Commerce both wanting to play also. No way to know if it's true or not

Comment

Find some decent teams. Why not play a D1 team instead of a joke team?
              If you look across the Div 1 landscape just about all conferences are moving their seasons to the spring or going with an in-conference competition schedule only. I think it's all about finding teams who would want to play at this point. Very few teams left to pick from. The other issue is not all D1 teams want to cut a check to play DII teams and possibly get beat by them, take a look at Tarleton schedule prior to COVID they opted out of the WT, Angelo & Commerce games and those teams all finished in the top of half of the conference laster year... hmmmmmmm.... was this all a coincidence... I doubt it.

Comment

If you look across the Div 1 landscape just about all conferences are moving their seasons to the spring or going with an in-conference competition schedule only. I think it's all about finding teams who would want to play at this point. Very few teams left to pick from. The other issue is not all D1 teams want to cut a check to play DII teams and possibly get beat by them, take a look at Tarleton schedule prior to COVID they opted out of the WT, Angelo & Commerce games and those teams all finished in the top of half of the conference laster year... hmmmmmmm.... was this all a coincidence... I doubt it.
                Tarleton did keep the weaker teams, but there is little chance WT could beat them. We'll see what they come up with but I'm not watching joke games. I wonder who will pay the big bucks for season tickets.

Comment

Tarleton did keep the weaker teams, but there is little chance WT could beat them. We'll see what they come up with but I'm not watching joke games. I wonder who will pay the big bucks for season tickets.
                  I for one will continue to purchase season tickets at the new stadium, I want to keep the seats I have in the club section. IMHO, there will probably be a reduction in the price due to fewer games. Hope to hear about a schedule today.
                  The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

I, like Great White Buffalo, will still purchase season tickets. As a Buff alum, I will support WT and the Buffs regardless of who they play. I also heard they are working on a 5 game schedule. If that happens and the teams mentioned come to fruition, there will be some very good opponents.

Comment

Interview with McBroom and Hughes regarding football in the Fall. Recorded today. There is also a discussion about possible D1 membership in the future. Good to hear McBroom is open to that possibility now. https://soundcloud.com/thepresspass/aug-21-20

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Imagine being Tarleton right now lol

Comment

https://youtu.be/pdFl__NlOpA

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
                            Interview with McBroom and Hughes regarding football in the Fall. Recorded today. There is also a discussion about possible D1 membership in the future. Good to hear McBroom is open to that possibility now. https://soundcloud.com/thepresspass/aug-21-20
                            Thanks for posting. This interview was very informative.

Comment

It's only 50 percent capacity and you won't be missed. I am sure that WT is doing this for their kids, not for you. Stay home and watch paint dry.

Comment

Looks like WT will be visiting ACU and SFA

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X