Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LSCfan1 View Post
    Looks like WT will be visiting ACU and SFA
    Those are great opponents. I'm going to try to make at least one of those.

Home games are North American and Panhandle State.
    Last edited by WT_TKW; 08-21-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post

If you look across the Div 1 landscape just about all conferences are moving their seasons to the spring or going with an in-conference competition schedule only. I think it's all about finding teams who would want to play at this point. Very few teams left to pick from. The other issue is not all D1 teams want to cut a check to play DII teams and possibly get beat by them, take a look at Tarleton schedule prior to COVID they opted out of the WT, Angelo & Commerce games and those teams all finished in the top of half of the conference laster year... hmmmmmmm.... was this all a coincidence... I doubt it.
      Looks like you were wrong about D1 opponents too.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
        Interview with McBroom and Hughes regarding football in the Fall. Recorded today. There is also a discussion about possible D1 membership in the future. Good to hear McBroom is open to that possibility now. https://soundcloud.com/thepresspass/aug-21-20
        Funny,I listened to that interview and they said Carthiel had their phone numbers and 2 hours later SFA announced the WT game.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Funny,I listened to that interview and they said Carthiel had their phone numbers and 2 hours later SFA announced the WT game.
          That game will be....interesting.... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I for one will continue to purchase season tickets at the new stadium, I want to keep the seats I have in the club section. IMHO, there will probably be a reduction in the price due to fewer games. Hope to hear about a schedule today.
            I, too, will keep our season tickets in the Club section, even though I'm wheelchair and pretty much housebound. I have hope to watch my Buffs again someday soon.

Comment

That podcast interview is completely different than what I expected. McBroom has stated repeatedly over and over again about the benefits of being D2 and that's where WT belongs, that to hear him even bring up the possibility of moving to D1 makes me think that there is definitely some discussions going on. I found it especially interesting that he says we are in a position to move up should we want to. Kale Steed mentioned that our facilities are in place and McBroom basically just agreed with him. Again this is completely different from anything McBroom has stated before. He has defended WT staying D2 for such a long time that hearing him even thinking about moving up is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I, too, will keep our season tickets in the Club section, even though I'm wheelchair and pretty much housebound. I have hope to watch my Buffs again someday soon.
                I hope you recover fully.

Both home games should be over in the first quarter.

Comment

Does WT competing in the fall now take away the eligibility of players/team to compete in the LSC during the spring season?? If not, how will other LSC football schools respond? Does this give WT and other LSC team's that compete in the fall an unfair advantage during the regular LSC season? By competing in the fall do they lose the eligibility to compete for the conference title?

The talk/scuttlebutt I am hearing is that NFL team scouts are excited about attending spring college games. It will give them a first hand look at talent they would normally not get a chance to see or discover. This info is coming from a direct unnamed source of the Dallas Cowboys front office.

I wonder if pride and politics, as well as MONEY, is involved in WT decision. It appears as though that is the case. This in no way is BEST for the STUDENT-ATHLETE or done with THEM in mind. If I was a betting man, I would bet the house that this is 95% financial.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                    Does WT competing in the fall now take away the eligibility of players/team to compete in the LSC during the spring season?? If not, how will other LSC football schools respond? Does this give WT and other LSC team's that compete in the fall an unfair advantage during the regular LSC season? By competing in the fall do they lose the eligibility to compete for the conference title?

The talk/scuttlebutt I am hearing is that NFL team scouts are excited about attending spring college games. It will give them a first hand look at talent they would normally not get a chance to see or discover. This info is coming from a direct unnamed source of the Dallas Cowboys front office.

I wonder if pride and politics, as well as MONEY, is involved in WT decision. It appears as though that is the case. This in no way is BEST for the STUDENT-ATHLETE or done with THEM in mind. If I was a betting man, I would bet the house that this is 95% financial.
                    It's worth listening to the podcast above. They made some good points about injuries in the Spring could cause players to be out the following fall. The players want to play. Did they say they are desperate for money? No.

Looks like ACU has only 3 scheduled games, including WT. I bet they remember the last game where WT won 36 to 0. Of course we remember the 93 to 68 loss where they were lateralling at the end trying to score again.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

It's worth listening to the podcast above. They made some good points about injuries in the Spring could cause players to be out the following fall. The players want to play. Did they say they are desperate for money? No.

Looks like ACU has only 3 scheduled games, including WT. I bet they remember the last game where WT won 36 to 0. Of course we remember the 93 to 68 loss where they were lateralling at the end trying to score again.
                      I did go listen to the podcast. That answered ALL my questions. So, WT will NOT be competing with the LSC in the Spring. Got it.

Also, based on the convos I read on the messageboard, it sounded like WT was looking to take the jump to FCS. However, McBoom said that is something they would possibly look at in 5-10 years IF the DII climate stayed the same. Makes sense.

Comment

I did go listen to the podcast. That answered ALL my questions. So, WT will NOT be competing with the LSC in the Spring. Got it.

Also, based on the convos I read on the messageboard, it sounded like WT was looking to take the jump to FCS. However, McBoom said that is something they would possibly look at in 5-10 years IF the DII climate stayed the same. Makes sense.
                        I'm glad you did. My comment about them not saying they were desperate for money was a joke! D2 teams always need money!

Comment

I suspect that timing and opportunity will dictate things for WT, rather than some arbitrary timeline. If a D1 situation fits them in January, they'll take it. If it is January 2030, they'll take it. That assumes competent leadership as they have now. If they've got clowns running the place, which has happened for stretches running decades-long in the past, then it's the wild west.

Comment

I don't think so, Hughes was opposed to spring ball from the start.
                            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

My wife and I have prayed for your recovery. You have indeed made progress already, and more improvement will come. I wish good things for you John.

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post

My wife and I have prayed for your recovery. You have indeed made progress already, and more improvement will come. I wish good things for you John.
                                Yes his recovery has been great. It's always easy for those of us not putting in the work to say that. Keep it up Chip.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X