Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an Idea

It looks to me like the non-football schools in the LSC are the ones that caused fall sports to be moved. (heard from a good source)

Why not start a Football only conference and leave all the other sports in the LSC??
    Maybe restructure the LSC and the RMAC.
    Take the schools that have made a commitment to football and move on.
    If we don't football will get out-voted every time on football issues.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

This is exactly why I was posting back at the beginning of this that I didn't think they should be voting on semesters vs sports. They shouldn't have a say in sports they don't play.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
      It looks to me like the non-football schools in the LSC are the ones that caused fall sports to be moved. (heard from a good source)

Why not start a Football only conference and leave all the other sports in the LSC??
      If we don't football will get out-voted every time on football issues.
      Absolutely......this had nothing to do with protecting STUDENT-ATHLETES. It was a plot against LSC Football schools. *MAJOR EYE ROLL*

Here ya go.....these should keep you busy for HOURS.....

https://allianceforscience.cornell.e...racy-theories/

https://www.insider.com/popular-cons...-states-2019-5

http://content.time.com/time/special...860871,00.html

Comment

I missed the part where this was a football issue. Did other sports not get canceled also?

Comment

Everything is a conspiracy these days.

Comment

OMG......please. We are already divided with two dumbazz political parties....now we are divided on playing a GAME.

Basically, you have dumb and dumber fighting it out. Great!!

Comment

I don't really think anyone thinks/says it's any kind of conspiracy, I just think we've already seen the ad's of both Commerce and West Texas saying their institutions were against pushing it to spring (along with a few others) but schools without football outnumbered them.

Comment

It's not conspiratorial to state that a school should sponsor a sport to vote on what that sport does.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

If we don't football will get out-voted every time on football issues
                  Exact reason that the MEC schools left the WVIAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                    It's not conspiratorial to state that a school should sponsor a sport to vote on what that sport does.
                    Did they vote on individual sports taking place?

Comment

Long term, I would like to see a football alliance between the RMAC and LSC. Form a North-South conference. South : Kingsville, Angelo, Permian, Commerce, Midwestern, WT, Eastern NM, Western NM, Highlands, and Pueblo;, 10 schools.

North would be remaining 11 RMAC schools. Non-conference games could be conference crossovers or any other non-conference schools. Championship game between North/South. This would be a great conference.

In my opinion it could also be a good for all sports. A new conference. Maybe the RMLSC? Or the Southwest Conference (if that name were available).

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                        Long term, I would like to see a football alliance between the RMAC and LSC. Form a North-South conference. South : Kingsville, Angelo, Permian, Commerce, Midwestern, WT, Eastern NM, Western NM, Highlands, and Pueblo;, 10 schools.

North would be remaining 11 RMAC schools. Non-conference games could be conference crossovers or any other non-conference schools. Championship game between North/South. This would be a great conference.

In my opinion it could also be a good for all sports. A new conference. Maybe the RMLSC? Or the Southwest Conference (if that name were available).
                        21 schools is a heck of a lot of schools for a conference. At least you could schedule two "non conference" games with the other division but that evens out your SOS at .500 and hurts you come regional rankings at the time. This is of course if things ever get back to equal in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

21 schools is a heck of a lot of schools for a conference. At least you could schedule two "non conference" games with the other division but that evens out your SOS at .500 and hurts you come regional rankings at the time. This is of course if things ever get back to equal in 2021.
                          That would be 9 South division games and 10 North division games. A 10th conference game for the South could be 1 game each year with a North school. Each school could schedule 1 non-conference game. Works pretty good. Travel wouldn't be much worse than now (my guess-somebody else can figure it out).

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Oh my poor car. Have to drive to Kingsville and Silver City instead of Alamosa and Golden? That's a tall order. Also only 10 RMAC schools play football (CSUP, CO Mines, Adams, Western CO, CO Mesa, Ft Lewis, Highlands, Chadron, Black Hills and SD Mines. Dixie bolted for FCS and none of the others sponsor football.) There are always rumors of Mesa wanting to go D1. That would leave 8 LSC and 9 RMAC for football. I could imagine Azusa Pacific being interested in becoming a football only member of LSC, but that would kill the GNAC.
                            Last edited by MinnequaFats; 08-13-2020, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post

Oh my poor car. Have to drive to Kingsville and Silver City instead of Alamosa and Golden? That's a tall order. Also only 10 RMAC schools play football (CSUP, CO Mines, Adams, Western CO, CO Mesa, Ft Lewis, Highlands, Chadron, Black Hills and SD Mines. Dixie bolted for FCS and none of the others sponsor football.) There are always rumors of Mesa wanting to go D1. That would leave 8 LSC and 9 RMAC for football. I could imagine Azusa Pacific being interested in becoming a football only member of LSC, but that would kill the GNAC.
                              Pueblo to Kingsville is 978 miles. Pueblo to Rapid City, for example, is 503 miles. St. George, UT is 938 miles from Speafish, SD.

I suggest a road game with Kingsville would be a great game to watch online! Since 1986, I drove from the Amarillo area to Kingsville maybe 25 times for FB or BB. Since I was paralyzed last fall, I watch everything (VB, FB, BB, SB, BsB) online. It's a LOT cheaper, safer, and less time consuming! Ha!

Besides, if you rotate the schedule, each North team would only play Kingsville once a decade or so and that might be a home game (I hope i got that right). Not a big deal.
                              Last edited by BuffaloChip; 08-13-2020, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X