Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye Dear Friend

My best friend, Thom Hicks, passed away this morning. The news was devastating. We were neighbors here in Canyon. Thom was 71. His demise was sudden. He was a good husband, father, and grandfather.

Thom was a passionate fan and supporter of all things WT. Thom had the knack of talking with and befriending people. He was soft-spoken and low key. He could approach players, recruits, virtually anyone, and within minutes develop a rapport with that person. I admired his ability for small talk and making people feel comfortable. He spent half his life as General Manager for a couple of car dealerships before developing a very successful insurance practice.

Thom and I sat together for many years at WT watching BB, FB, SB, and VB. Hundreds of games. We hit the road and traveled together to dozens of games.

I shall greatly miss him. We, the WT community and all his friends, are better for knowing him. He will be missed.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 02-20-2019, 12:45 PM.

Re: Goodbye Dear Friend

Sorry to hear about that Chip. May God comfort you and the Hicks family during this time.

Comment

Sorry for your loss man.

Comment

Sorry chip

Comment

Comment

RIP. What a lot of great memories for you.

Comment

My sympathies and condolences.

Comment

Thanks, guys. It hurts.

Thom really loved the WT kids, particularly the BB and SB girls. He knew as many as he could. He made an effort to become friends with them. They all liked him. They could talk to him. He was a good listener. I was always amazed (and envious) of his innate ability to do that, to be able to relate so well to the young players.

Comment

I believe I remember him. Did he fall ill?

Comment

Chip im sorry for your loss.
                    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                      My best friend, Thom Hicks, passed away this morning. The news was devastating. We were neighbors here in Canyon. Thom was 73. His demise was sudden. He was a good husband, father, and grandfather.

Thom was a passionate fan and supporter of all things WT. Thom had the knack of talking with and befriending people. He was soft-spoken and low key. He could approach players, recruits, virtually anyone, and within minutes develop a rapport with that person. I admired his ability for small talk and making people feel comfortable. He spent half his life as General Manager for a couple of car dealerships before developing a very successful insurance practice.

Thom and I sat together for many years at WT watching BB, FB, SB, and VB. Hundreds of games. We hit the road and traveled together to dozens of games.

I shall greatly miss him. We, the WT community and all his friends, are better for knowing him. He will be missed.
                      Rest in Peace to a fellow Buff supporter.

Comment

Chip....my deepest condolences. Sorry brother.

Comment

I was Thom's business partner for the last 20+ years.
                          A man of unquestioned integrity and a close friend.
                          He lived by the motto, "It's just easier to do the right thing."

I ask for your prayers as in the coming weeks I will wrap up pending business cases.
                          Also will be helping the family make many decisions related to personal financial matters.
                          I've done this for clients and friends before, it's always hard---this is different.
                          I am an only child, Thom was the big brother I never had.

I sit a few rows behind him at the basketball games. Spent today watching an empty chair, not the game.
                          There are plans by the family to start a scholarship fund. I'll provide details at a later date.

RIP - Thomas Glen Hicks

Comment

Sorry for your loss, guys. May God comfort the Hicks family and all friends.

Comment

So sorry for your and his family's loss.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X