Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I would also throw Central Oklahoma into the WAC mix. Enrollment bumping 20,000. Facilities so so.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Now Pops that was just mean spirited. Pops one day when all this disease is over you should come down to Houston and we will go over to the best steakhouse in Houston Taste of Texas.I enjoy your raw unbridled REAL comments even if we agree to disagree. You are good people.

As far as WT moving up WAC is the only option at this moment and time. Play as an independent until you clear probation and see what options are out there. My guess is if one or two more D2 football schools move up joining the WAC its a foregone conclusion that a conference will form. There is only one FCS Conference out west and it is bloated.

Does anyone know if the WAC can still sponsor FBS football? Remember all of their Schools left before they were pushed down like the Southland. So, it was a moot point at that time.
      I just moved to the area off Lake Conroe. If there are other posters in the area lets get together over a beer and talk sports.

Comment

I would also throw Central Oklahoma into the WAC mix. Enrollment bumping 20,000. Facilities so so. Adds Oklahoma City area (and entire state) into a solid media market.
        But wouldn't they be competing with that pathetic school in Norman for media? It would be like the situation Texas State finds themselves against UT in the Austin market or UNT in the DFW media market competing for exposure against TCU and now a resurgent SMU program.

Comment

I would also throw Central Oklahoma into the WAC mix. Enrollment bumping 20,000. Facilities so so. Adds Oklahoma City area (and entire state) into a solid media market.
          Chip,

The biggest hurdle UCO faces is within their own state. OKST and OU will use every means possible to block them from moving up. They are located in the largest city in Oklahoma and the last thing those two want is to have someone in their backyard. Best example I can give you is UH getting into the Big 12. Schools like OU and UT among others do not want recruits to even think about staying home. Therefore UH has very little chance of ever getting into the Big 12.

Comment

Chip,

The biggest hurdle UCO faces is within their own state. OKST and OU will use every means possible to block them from moving up. They are located in the largest city in Oklahoma and the last thing those two want is to have someone in their backyard. Best example I can give you is UH getting into the Big 12. Schools like OU and UT among others do not want recruits to even think about staying home. Therefore UH has very little chance of ever getting into the Big 12.
            WT will have A&M backing not an A&M uphill battle. Big difference.

Comment

WT hoping to get to a 10 game Fall schedule. https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2020/9/3/...0pqdqnLKmBaLyw

Comment

Chip,

Cougar High is still a commuter school despite really trying to break the mold which UTSA was able to do.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
                  WT hoping to get to a 10 game Fall schedule. https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2020/9/3/...0pqdqnLKmBaLyw
                  Look at this - Angelo has popped up on our schedule twice for Fall 2020! So that's 6 scheduled games so far (assuming you count the one against North American).

https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/football/schedule

Comment

There are a lot of plusses to a uco move. But the politics wouldn't make it work.

It isn't ou. It is osu that would shut it down esp in this economic situation.

I agree with later post. To have a shot at being successful in fcs you really need to have a metro area of 30k or more to draw support and sponsorship.
                    Uca in conway only pully it off because ark is on other part of state.

But they haven't ruled it out. There have been real discussion in the athletic department.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Look at this - Angelo has popped up on our schedule twice for Fall 2020! So that's 6 scheduled games so far (assuming you count the one against North American).

https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/football/schedule
                      Guess that kinda solves the problem of a conference championship

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post

There are a lot of plusses to a uco move. But the politics wouldn't make it work.

It isn't ou. It is osu that would shut it down esp in this economic situation.

I agree with later post. To have a shot at being successful in fcs you really need to have a metro area of 30k or more to draw support and sponsorship.
                        Uca in conway only pully it off because ark is on other part of state.

But they haven't ruled it out. There have been real discussion in the athletic department.

Comment

WT has added Angelo State to our schedule

Comment

They added football long after being D1. Big difference coming into D1 with a football program. Georgia has done a great job merging colleges and paring education costs. Louisiana would do well to follow their example.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
                              Which means that their athletes will be using a year of eligibility without the possibility of playoffs?

Comment

Atlanta is a much bigger urban area than okc. And uco is smack dab in middle of our and osu. And it's osu that will put pressure on state legislature. They have done it before.

I'm not saying it can't Be done but they need a much more successful football program to get the resources and push.

On different note as of right now I see the wac focusing on fcs and let nmsu roam. It will work out well for them. They get paychecks early and Garunted games late with dixie and tarleton throw in liberty and umass, uconn, byu.

There is enough for a independent d1 school can survive

And who knows maybe uca leaves and goes to ovc and southland opens up.

Northern colorado should join. But won't unless it's sixth or seventh school

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X