Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Which means that their athletes will be using a year of eligibility without the possibility of playoffs?
    No the NCAA has rescinded the 5 game maximum for this year. They can play up to 10 games and maintain current eligibility

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

No the NCAA has rescinded the 5 game maximum for this year. They can play up to 10 games and maintain current eligibility
      Ah ok, appreciate the correction. I had not yet seen that announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

They added football long after being D1. Big difference coming into D1 with a football program. Georgia has done a great job merging colleges and paring education costs. Louisiana would do well to follow their example.

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
          Atlanta is a much bigger urban area than okc. And uco is smack dab in middle of our and osu. And it's osu that will put pressure on state legislature. They have done it before.

I'm not saying it can't Be done but they need a much more successful football program to get the resources and push.

On different note as of right now I see the wac focusing on fcs and let nmsu roam. It will work out well for them. They get paychecks early and Garunted games late with dixie and tarleton throw in liberty and umass, uconn, byu.

There is enough for a independent d1 school can survive

And who knows maybe uca leaves and goes to ovc and southland opens up.

Northern colorado should join. But won't unless it's sixth or seventh school
          It would be a gross coaching miscarriage for OU and OSU, if an FCS UCO recruited the same athletes those Power 5 perennial Top 20 teams were offering. UCO would be well positioned to sweep up the OU/OSU rejects and program wash outs. Tulsa would have more to fear from UCO.

Knee jerk state political resistance would have to be overcome, but (after covid) I'm not sure that would be overwhelming problem. If OU/OSU fans fear competition for the best in state players.........well, they must have legalized pot sales in Oklahoma.

Otherwise, a WAC UCO makes a lot of sense if, for example; ACU (Southland), WT, Commerce, ASU, TAMUK?, MSU?, UTPB?, joined up with a couple Big Sky schools and a couple WAC schools added FB. As was said earlier, geographically, UCO would be a great fit. A FB conference schedule. An East / West divisional set up for all other sports.

A pretty good arrangement.
          Last edited by BuffaloChip; 09-04-2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

It would be a gross coaching miscarriage for OU and OSU, if an FCS UCO recruited the same athletes those Power 5 perennial Top 20 teams were offering. UCO would be well positioned to sweep up the OU/OSU rejects and program wash outs. Tulsa would have more to fear from UCO.

Knee jerk state political resistance would have to be overcome, but (after covid) I'm not sure that would be overwhelming problem. If OU/OSU fans fear competition for the best in state players.........well, they must have legalized pot sales in Oklahoma.

Otherwise, a WAC UCO makes a lot of sense if, for example; ACU (Southland), WT, Commerce, ASU, TAMUK?, MSU?, UTPB?, joined up with a couple Big Sky schools and a couple WAC schools added FB. As was said earlier, geographically, UCO would be a great fit. A FB conference schedule. An East / West divisional set up for all other sports.

If it was only factor against uco in fcs. I would agree but I think it's one of three.

1 opposition from big boys
            2 lack of recent football success
            3. Lack of urban area support/ corporate sponsorship

Solve two of those and its a good chance . Tulsa doesn't really have to worry about being more desirable destination because of better scholarship opportunities. Full vs partials. Tulsa does get a bunch of ok kids. Sometime s more than ou and osu lol.

Your argument s about location are valid but getting any school to leave a stable conference for wac is a stretch until you get to at least 5. Schools. Big south has struggled keeping football schools because of

???o this

Uco is "bigger " than most miaa schools but not by much. For now I think they are were they belong

Wtamu has different set of conditions. It is a bigger than most rest of lsc. If tamuc leaves you will see wtamu split fast. .

???
            ???

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

Guess that kinda solves the problem of a conference championship
              This is one screwed up, useless year of College football.

Guess I am gonna stick to the NFL only this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Ah ok, appreciate the correction. I had not yet seen that announcement.
                https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...d-predictions/

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post

If it was only factor against uco in fcs. I would agree but I think it's one of three.

1 opposition from big boys
                  2 lack of recent football success
                  3. Lack of urban area support/ corporate sponsorship

Solve two of those and its a good chance . Tulsa doesn't really have to worry about being more desirable destination because of better scholarship opportunities. Full vs partials. Tulsa does get a bunch of ok kids. Sometime s more than ou and osu lol.

Your argument s about location are valid but getting any school to leave a stable conference for wac is a stretch until you get to at least 5. Schools. Big south has struggled keeping football schools because of

???o this

Uco is "bigger " than most miaa schools but not by much. For now I think they are were they belong

Wtamu has different set of conditions. It is a bigger than most rest of lsc. If tamuc leaves you will see wtamu split fast. .

???
                  ???
                  All valid points. UCO was @19,000 students for fall 2019. Still a commuter school.

Comment

I don't think D1 schools can give partial scholarships .

Comment

• Originally posted by olebuff View Post
                      I don't think D1 schools can give partial scholarships .
                      FCS programs can award up to the equivalent of 63 full scholarships, divided among no more than 85 individuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

All valid points. UCO was @19,000 students for fall 2019. Still a commuter school.
                        Take those 19k with a grain of salt. Those include hs kids doing concurrent enrollment. Unless it's full time equalivant enrollment always under the actual student number . But its at least 15k a clear third largest in oklahoma .

Comment

• Last edited by LSC Fan; 09-07-2020, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Last edited by LSC Fan; 09-07-2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Lol I'm a friend, not a fanboy, but yes he definitely has them on the right path. Not surprising at all to me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X