Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Lol I'm a friend, not a fanboy, but yes he definitely has them on the right path. Not surprising at all to me.
    If Colby gets the UT job in the next 10 years Lionfan will be buying up all the Longhorns sweaters and hoodies flashing the hook em horns sign.

Comment

• Hahaha Nope....still would root against those losers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Chip,

The biggest hurdle UCO faces is within their own state. OKST and OU will use every means possible to block them from moving up. They are located in the largest city in Oklahoma and the last thing those two want is to have someone in their backyard. Best example I can give you is UH getting into the Big 12. Schools like OU and UT among others do not want recruits to even think about staying home. Therefore UH has very little chance of ever getting into the Big 12.

Comment

• Comment

• This isn't an issue of football as much as it about the real prize alum and corporate money. Osu allows no threat to it's base of revenue and a fcs situated in one of five biggest suburbs in state next to major metro is a threat. Osu alums would shut it down if they could. It's not unprecedented. The u of a alum pit a major attack on UCA because of a billboard in nw ark

Comment

• FCS programs present zero threat to P5 programs. Not even on the radar screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                FCS programs present zero threat to P5 programs. Not even on the radar screen.
                Unless UCO have ambitions themselves of going from FCS to FBS by 2030. Having Texas State and Texas San-Antonio joining the FBS party the last few years has added intrigue in this part of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Unless UCO have ambitions themselves of going from FCS to FBS by 2030. Having Texas State and Texas San-Antonio joining the FBS party the last few years has added intrigue in this part of the world.
                  A low-level FBS program is no concern of a P5 program. They are worlds apart. Texas State and UTSA are not even on the radar screen of the Texas P5 programs and never will be. The only possible exception would be Texas Tech, which ranks at the bottom of P5 in recruiting many years. Tech is a perennial turd in Power 5 football. Decent Power 5 programs are recruiting minimum 3 star athletes, and most are bringing in a healthy chunk of 4 stars and the top programs 5 stars. You don't typically see 4 and 5 star athletes signing with sub-P5, and such programs are lucky to get more than a half dozen 3 star athletes. Just the way it is.

A directional commuter school in OKC suburbia is never going to be a worry for the two flagship state universities in Oklahoma. Even Tulsa, which has had a decent amount of success in G5, is not competing against OSU, and certainly not OU, for a football athlete.
                  Last edited by Herb Street; 09-10-2020, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• But you are not seeing the subtle moves uco is making to position themselves. Expanding grad program, tv advertising, state wide recruitment.

Osu is not in as strong position in the state because if power of ou. There isn't an unlimited look if resources for our and osu to compete. In a post boone pickens world osu could be threatened by a rising uco program in terms of funding. Stillwater is not an urban area big enough to support osu. And osu does not have any more influence over tulsa than ou.

Texas is different because of sheer size of texas in population resources and area. So conditions are different.

Uco isnt quite there but they are also something that you can't ignore and they have gone on thier own before when they left naia for d2 in 1985 and left rest of thier regional schools partners behind .

Herb Street i am not saying your absolutely wrong. But if you don't think they try and keep the lower schools in thier place, I don't know what to say.

You think missou would try thier best to stop missouri state from going fbs. You know they would in a heartbeat . Or the iowa schools and uni

???

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                      But you are not seeing the subtle moves uco is making to position themselves. Expanding grad program, tv advertising, state wide recruitment.

Osu is not in as strong position in the state because if power of ou. There isn't an unlimited look if resources for our and osu to compete. In a post boone pickens world osu could be threatened by a rising uco program in terms of funding. Stillwater is not an urban area big enough to support osu. And osu does not have any more influence over tulsa than ou.

Texas is different because of sheer size of texas in population resources and area. So conditions are different.

Uco isnt quite there but they are also something that you can't ignore and they have gone on thier own before when they left naia for d2 in 1985 and left rest of thier regional schools partners behind .

Herb Street i am not saying your absolutely wrong. But if you don't think they try and keep the lower schools in thier place, I don't know what to say.

You think missou would try thier best to stop missouri state from going fbs. You know they would in a heartbeat . Or the iowa schools and uni

???
                      Last edited by Herb Street; 09-11-2020, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• Yup. Charlottesville, Eugene, Fayetteville, Gainesville, Clemson. The list goes on on on.

Comment

• Originally posted by catatonic View Post

Yup. Charlottesville, Eugene, Fayetteville, Gainesville, Clemson. The list goes on on on.

Ever vacationed in Pullman, WA or Ann Arbor, MI? ;)

Comment

• Well they might have been put in a small town but Norman isn't really anymore and is part of okc metro Fayetteville is in a metro area that is over 300k and growing fast

Ou doesn't care about osu. Ou has deep pockets . But I garuntee osu does because they are fighting above thier weight class trying to keep up. I don't blame them it isn't all about football. Uco isn not ready to move up but they want to and they will have to fight to do it.

If missouri state was good at football and they tried to move up and play in sunbelt don't you think missouri would use influence to stop it. If they didn't care why is there a massive billboard in springfield selling missouri season tickets when I drive thru a few summers ago. They joined sec to get that sweet paycheck because they were losing money in athletics. So any threat to thier revenue has to

be taken seriously. That just common sense . I'm not saying they could. Because missouri state politics are weird.

If an institution like uco was in another part of oklahoma it wouldn't be a big deal but in Edmond it's too close to osu for them not to notice and it may limit uco from ever going any further.

But osu and thier alums and friends in state legislature will not sit by without at least kicking s can down the road

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Ever vacationed in Pullman, WA or Ann Arbor, MI? ;)
                              Nope but i have spent time in Corvallis, OR and I lived in Athens, GA for a lot of years.

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post

Well they might have been put in a small town but Norman isn't really anymore and is part of okc metro Fayetteville is in a metro area that is over 300k and growing fast

Ou doesn't care about osu. Ou has deep pockets . But I garuntee osu does because they are fighting above thier weight class trying to keep up. I don't blame them it isn't all about football. Uco isn not ready to move up but they want to and they will have to fight to do it.

If missouri state was good at football and they tried to move up and play in sunbelt don't you think missouri would use influence to stop it. If they didn't care why is there a massive billboard in springfield selling missouri season tickets when I drive thru a few summers ago. They joined sec to get that sweet paycheck because they were losing money in athletics. So any threat to thier revenue has to

be taken seriously. That just common sense . I'm not saying they could. Because missouri state politics are weird.

If an institution like uco was in another part of oklahoma it wouldn't be a big deal but in Edmond it's too close to osu for them not to notice and it may limit uco from ever going any further.

But osu and thier alums and friends in state legislature will not sit by without at least kicking s can down the road

I'm no Big 12 expert, but you're full of s***. I took a quick look at Oklahoma State's football history over the last 15 years. Bowl games 14 of 15 years, final AP top 20 ranking 7 of those years. They are pre-season #15, and I believe they have a Heisman hopeful running back, don't recall his name. If they are fighting above their weight class and trying to keep up, it seems like they've been doing a pretty decent job, and for a long time.

UCO (and every other directional school in OK) is intramurals by comparison. Apples and oranges. Stop with the nonsense, I am embarrassed for you.
                                Last edited by Herb Street; 09-11-2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X