Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

I'm no Big 12 expert, but you're full of s***. I took a quick look at Oklahoma State's football history over the last 15 years. Bowl games 14 of 15 years, final AP top 20 ranking 7 of those years. They are pre-season #15, and I believe they have a Heisman hopeful running back, don't recall his name. If they are fighting above their weight class and trying to keep up, it seems like they've been doing a pretty decent job, and for a long time.

UCO (and every other directional school in OK) is intramurals by comparison. Apples and oranges. Stop with the nonsense, I am embarrassed for you.
    Chuba Hubbard.

Ive got a freshman at OSU that is fairly involved with the athletics there. They couldn't care less about UCO.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Chuba Hubbard.

Ive got a freshman at OSU that is fairly involved with the athletics there. They couldn't care less about UCO.

Comment

• An aside I found interesting: WT announced a fall enrollment record of 10,169.

If WT ever had the opportunity to move to D1 BB and FCS FB, It's very possible the move would have positive effects on enrollment.

Comment

• It must be really boring up there in Arkansas. Arguing over a school that DOES NOT have state support to move up to D1. Not only that they don't even have the support from their own students as seen from their game attendance. So no money no support no move to D1. Regardless of what any other D1 university does. Moot argument. Pandemic and Social Activism is messing with people's mind when they argue over something that has no relevance. Now, back to watching tree leaves and metal rust on the back forty.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
            An aside I found interesting: WT announced a fall enrollment record of 10,169.

If WT ever had the opportunity to move to D1 BB and FCS FB, It's very possible the move would have positive effects on enrollment.
            I figured most colleges would be down this fall. Reports from other LSC schools?

Comment

• I was curious what would happen too, wondering if a lot of kids didn't want to pay big prices for online classes like some of the schools are doing, and went cheaper? Not sure what schools are online but I'm sure some are

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                An aside I found interesting: WT announced a fall enrollment record of 10,169.

If WT wants to move to D1 they are more equipped to do so. Well funded, A&M backing, and an Adequate enrollment as well as a nearby large city to support it.

Plus, the exposure will outweigh any athletic success you will miss out on in D2.

Comment

• Well back to the original focus of thread and leaving the subject of uco behind

I think wtamu will make a run at fcs and probably should because most of thier peer institutions have left. But with covid impact it prob won't happen soon.

I hope wtamu can and does pull it off down the line
                  Last edited by the Northeasterner; 09-13-2020, 10:55 AM. Reason: Because I offended the delicate sensibilities of Herb Street

Comment

• If WT joined the Southland they would be competitive right away in basketball, baseball, and volleyball for sure. Not yet to take down the perennial powers but most of the conference is terrible. Could easily challenge for the Top 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                      If WT joined the Southland they would be competitive right away in basketball, baseball, and volleyball for sure. Not yet to take down the perennial powers but most of the conference is terrible. Could easily challenge for the Top 3.
                      Last edited by catatonic; 09-13-2020, 05:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post

I think wtamu will make a run at fcs and probably should because most of thier pier institutions have left.
                        From which pier did they depart?

Comment

• Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Chuba Hubbard.

You son plays football at OSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

I figured most colleges would be down this fall. Reports from other LSC schools?
                            Nope.....ONLINE enrollment is at an all time high everywhere, making overall enrollments look great.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

You son plays football at OSU?
                              No he doesn't play

Comment

• Yeah I think its a matter of time before my Islanders will have to add football or move to the WAC. Problem is there isn't very many places to build a football stadium close to the campus. They already play basketball and tennis away from campus.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X