Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yeah I think its a matter of time before my Islanders will have to add football or move to the WAC. Problem is there isn't very many places to build a football stadium close to the campus. They already play basketball and tennis away from campus.
    So is the whole merger with Kingsville idea dead?

Comment

Yeah I think its a matter of time before my Islanders will have to add football or move to the WAC. Problem is there isn't very many places to build a football stadium close to the campus. They already play basketball and tennis away from campus.

Comment

• What I mean is it isnt on the island with the main campus. The Thomas Henry tennis center is still up ennis joslin a ways. I visited last spring to watch the southland tennis championships and loved the facility. Beats driving across town to play at the HEB tennis center. I was amazed how they have built multi floor parking garages since I went to school there. That would have been useful for me to dodge those downpours coming out of class.

Comment

What I mean is it isnt on the island with the main campus. The Thomas Henry tennis center is still up ennis joslin a ways. I visited last spring to watch the southland tennis championships and loved the facility. Beats driving across town to play at the HEB tennis center. I was amazed how they have built multi floor parking garages since I went to school there. That would have been useful for me to dodge those downpours coming out of class.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionFan View Post

No he doesn't play
            Oh.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Nope.....ONLINE enrollment is at an all time high everywhere, making overall enrollments look great.
              so everyone's enrollment is up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Broad statemernt. I don't care either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Broad statemernt. I don't care either way.
                  Last edited by catatonic; 09-15-2020, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• Last I heard Commerce enrollment is up marginally.

Comment

• Angelo State is up and down, depending on how you look at it, or want to "spin" it.

Overall enrollment is up 189 students to 10,775, but the increase is due to an increase in dual credit students who are not actually on the ASU campus. Total "native" enrollment is actually down (210) from 7,562 to 7,352.

ASU's Hispanic rate keeps climbing and is up 5% from 41% last year to 46% this year. I expect this is a trend at almost all Texas schools and will only continue since this is the fastest growing demographic in the younger population.

Even more important though is that ASU's retention rate has really improved from 62% five years ago to 72% this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by catatonic View Post

So is the whole merger with Kingsville idea dead?
                        If it's still alive, then it's really being discussed under the radar in a very stealth like fashion.

What I do see sadly is a lack initiative from our current administration in the advocacy of the school in front of the A&M BOR if budget requests or submission of studies, master plans, etc are a good indicator for advocacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

If it's still alive, then it's really being discussed under the radar in a very stealth like fashion.

What I do see sadly is a lack initiative from our current administration in the advocacy of the school in front of the A&M BOR if budget requests or submission of studies, master plans, etc are a good indicator for advocacy.
                          Sorry Catatonic. I forgot to reply to this. I asked a person "in the know" on campus about this back in April and in August and was given the answer that talks are suspended due to the covid and will see what the aftermath is afterward. He did make a interesting point that if both campuses take a huge hit from the covid then it might be a more viable option to discuss. I am sure LSC Fan sees it the same way but I would rather keep the campuses separate with their own identity especailly since they are 45 miles apart. That would be like WT wanting to merge with Wayland Baptist, Tarleton with Mary Hardin Baylor, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Comment

Sorry Catatonic. I forgot to reply to this. I asked a person "in the know" on campus about this back in April and in August and was given the answer that talks are suspended due to the covid and will see what the aftermath is afterward. He did make a interesting point that if both campuses take a huge hit from the covid then it might be a more viable option to discuss. I am sure LSC Fan sees it the same way but I would rather keep the campuses separate with their own identity especailly since they are 45 miles apart. That would be like WT wanting to merge with Wayland Baptist, Tarleton with Mary Hardin Baylor, etc.
                              I'm very much indifferent about this now. I just don't see the fire in the belly with the President like we had with Talant. Now that's without saying Talant didn't have his faults and missteps for which the BIGGIE is the current state of the football program and athletic facilities. But at least he was very publicly and privately active with promoting the school and on the academic side it's paid off. So if a merger occurs and Corpus ends up taking more than initially planned IF this ever occurs, then it is what it is. You won't see me to upset about it either way.

Comment

• I'm curious when the aTm system will take that Fort worth campus from Tarleton and turn it into TAMU-Ft Worth so they can get a TAMU name presence in the Metroplex. They have a history of doing this: TAMU-CT (was Tarleton's) and TAMU-San Antonio (was TAMU-Kingsville's).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X