Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by texcap View Post

I'm curious when the aTm system will take that Fort worth campus from Tarleton and turn it into TAMU-Ft Worth so they can get a TAMU name presence in the Metroplex. They have a history of doing this: TAMU-CT (was Tarleton's) and TAMU-San Antonio (was TAMU-Kingsville's).
    For a while a few years ago I was seeing chatter that Angelo State might turn into Texas Tech-San Angelo.

Comment

I'm curious when the aTm system will take that Fort worth campus from Tarleton and turn it into TAMU-Ft Worth so they can get a TAMU name presence in the Metroplex. They have a history of doing this: TAMU-CT (was Tarleton's) and TAMU-San Antonio (was TAMU-Kingsville's).
      I wouldn't doubt this is the plan. Seems logical to counter UT Dallas & Arlington and thus have a their name in three of the four major metro areas in the state ( Houston/Galveston, DFW and San Antonio) A&M has also opened a systems center down in McAllen, so it will be interesting to see which direction they take it. It kind of looks like the seeds they planted in San Antonio (one building) a few years back and now it's a four year campus.

Comment

Comment

• That might be for the original campus and not the spin offs. And really it would make sense for the A&M system to attach it's own name to Ft Worth campus. They already have their Law School which they acquired from Texas Wesleyan located in Ft Worth. Texas A&M- Ft Worth would automatically have a draw with the only law school in their system being associated either directly or indirectly with it.

Comment

• Two more games against MIAA opponents! https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2020/9/22...bt_OeS05UKCX0k

Comment

• Great job by AD McBroom and HC Hughes to find 2 more games. 1 more to go and WT could be the only D2 school with a 10 game FB season. Even a 9 game schedule will get the young guns plenty of experience. Much better for most than a redshirt year!

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                Great job by AD McBroom and HC Hughes to find 2 more games. 1 more to go and WT could be the only D2 school with a 10 game FB season. Even a 9 game schedule will get the young guns plenty of experience. Much better for most than a redshirt year!

Yes, agreed. Over 80 players got action last Saturday.

Comment

• This thread is one of the best I have read on the evolving status of D2 and FCS institutions in a pandemic season. Enrollment may indeed be up for regional institutions in both categories as students and families choose to remain closer to home. The same maybe said for college conference alignment in the near future which will cause some movement up, down or sideways. The NCAA is in transition as well and the purpose and place of power 5 confrences in football may result in an exodus of those schools from the NCAA. The old line among football schools is that the NCAA is an orginization that puts on a great basketball tournament and makes rules that it can't enforce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Yes, agreed. Over 80 players got action last Saturday.
                    And I counted only 34 on the participation report against ASU. None of those youngsters saw the field. Not good. ASU had @50 participants.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

And I counted only 34 on the participation report against ASU. None of those youngsters saw the field. Not good. ASU had @50 participants.
                      Yes, this is correct.

Comment

• This has been making the rounds on some corners of the internet... https://youtu.be/uuD1RiYnSuE?t=3800

For those who don't want to click, the Tarleton State president said the WAC yesterday voted a new member in and it'll be announced in the next week or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                          This has been making the rounds on some corners of the internet... https://youtu.be/uuD1RiYnSuE?t=3800

For those who don't want to click, the Tarleton State president said the WAC yesterday voted a new member in and it'll be announced in the next week or two.
                          I also watched Dr. Hurley's State of the University address at Tarleton... wonder who the WAC member president's voted in??? Will it be a LSC D2 move-up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                            This has been making the rounds on some corners of the internet... https://youtu.be/uuD1RiYnSuE?t=3800

Only LSC school I can see at this time is WT. But MSU Texas is joining the Texas Tech school system although there hasn't been much talk about it. I really don't believe they are moving as well as Angelo State. TBH, the LSC needs to add schools before another one departs. Interesting though. Football Schools, LSC not hurting for non football schools.
                            Last edited by Techster88; 10-01-2020, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TarletonStateTexan View Post

I also watched Dr. Hurley's State of the University address at Tarleton... wonder who the WAC member president's voted in??? Will it be a LSC D2 move-up?
                              Some are saying Southern Utah.

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post

Ou doesn't care about osu. Ou has deep pockets . But I garuntee osu does because they are fighting above thier weight class trying to keep up.
                                Looks like poor ol osu fighting above their weight class is ranked 17 and cruising to 3-0. Not bad for a wannabe.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X