Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 WT Fall Football

Wowser!

I just watched the highlight video of Caleb Arreola, 6'2 195, QB, dual threat transfer from Chaffey College. (Ca ). Read his bio on WT roster and watch his youtube video (Dual Threat QB Caleb Arreola). I hate to traffic in hyperbole (ha!), but, this kid could be D2's (smaller) Dak Prescott. The right OC, and I definitely believe the Buffs have that, and the WT offense could really step it up a couple of notches by fall of 2021

Watch it and tell me what you think.

Nick Gerber may have his hands full keeping his job. Four (maybe five) games for each QB to compete and sort it out and still have 2 years left.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 08-26-2020, 03:31 PM.

Looking at the roster, one thing REALLY jumped out at me: 35 retuning redshirt! The 2019 class had 59 signees. That's a 59% retention rate. I can remember years when WT was lucky to have 7 or 8 retuning freshmen.

Besides the percentage, 35 returning players is outstanding numbers. I know Hughes and company were very high on that recruiting class.

If they were right about the quality of the 2019 class and if retention numbers are good, WT football has some good years ahead of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      Wowser!

I just watched the highlight video of Caleb Arreola, 6'2 195, QB, dual threat transfer from Chaffey College. (Ca ). Read his bio on WT roster and watch his youtube video (Dual Threat QB Caleb Arreola). I hate to traffic in hyperbole (ha!), but, this kid could be D2's (smaller) Dak Prescott. The right OC, and I definitely believe the Buffs have that, and the WT offense could really step it up a couple of notches by fall of 2021

https://youtu.be/iWR-8EJw9sQ

Watch it and tell me what you think.

Nick Gerber may have his hands full keeping his job. Four (maybe five) games for each QB to compete and sort it out and still have 2 years left.
      You realize you linked highlights for Caleb Williams, a 5 star player who committed to OU, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

You realize you linked highlights for Caleb Williams, a 5 star player who committed to OU, right?
        Oops!!!! Not at the time. Clicked on the video and got ALL excited! Who wouldn't?

Will try to get the right one.
        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 08-26-2020, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Try the right name Dummy Chip! Haha! Our Caleb is NOT the Caleb going to OU. 111

I typed in Caleb Arreola football and UP popped the OU recruit. OU got a good one. Arreola popped up the 2nd time.

Looks like a good pocket passer. Not a dual threat. He's missing a year of competition.

If you go to youtube and search for Caleb Arreola football you can find a HS senior year video.

Below is his bio.

Chaffey College: Compiled a record of 21-1 during his two-year career. He threw for 4,848 passing yards and 53 touchdowns while earning offensive Most Valuable Player and All-State honors twice. He was also named the American Conference Bowl Most Valuable Player.

Chino Hills High School: Graduated in 2016. Earned 1st Team All-League and Offensive Most Valuable Player honors during his senior season leading the Huskies to a League Championship.

Personal: Born on August 11, 1998. Son of Jeanette and Rene Arreola. Has two siblings. Plans on majoring in applied sports science at WT.
          Last edited by BuffaloChip; 08-26-2020, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Oops!!!! Not at the time. Clicked on the video and got ALL excited! Who wouldn't?

Will try to get the right one.
            Didn't want you Buff fans getting too excited over him! Haha.

Comment

No sh!t Seymour!

Comment

Hahahaha

Comment

At least I was right about the talent level of the "other" Caleb.

Comment

At least I was right about the talent level of the "other" Caleb.
                    We shall see I suppose! Plenty of guys with gaudy numbers that don't make any impact. Plenty without those numbers that make a huge impact. Don't know that we'll really find out either way anytime soon unfortunately.

Comment

I think the hometown kid Gunnar Palacios is likely to give Gerber a run for his money. He was at Commerce the last couple of years and probably had a shot to play until Smalls came along

Comment

BEST THREAD of the DECADE!!! HAHAHA.

Here is the right Caleb's highlights:
                        https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2683757...760713808b3406

Good athlete. A lefty?? Not many colleges and no NFL team wants a lefty. But this young man has athletic ability. Needs lots of work on mechanics. Seems accurate and a for sure baller. Can fix the "Happy Feet". Solid D3 QB. Could be coached up to a good D2 for sure. But the lefty thing, I personally don"t like.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                          BEST THREAD of the DECADE!!! HAHAHA.

Needs lots of work on mechanics.
                          What do you dislike about them?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                            I think the hometown kid Gunnar Palacios is likely to give Gerber a run for his money. He was at Commerce the last couple of years and probably had a shot to play until Smalls came along
                            He was moved to wr at commerce. Rarely saw him before he quit the team, during the season if I remember right

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

He was moved to wr at commerce. Rarely saw him before he quit the team, during the season if I remember right
                              Got you, seems someone talked about him after spring ball 2019 before Smalls was around and said they were impressed. I watched him in high school and he was mobile and athletic, just needed to work on his throwing strength. I assume he has gotten better

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X