Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Hey Chip.....

I think the # of retainees is great, but I am not sure the percentage is much different than normal.

Angelo or TAMUC signs 25 guys, 14 will be there next year. According to stats.....only 33% leave or quit football. According to NCAA 88% of incomiing freshman athletes graduate.

As far as WT football. You guys FIUD hit a rough patch and lost many players, be it their choice or coaches choice.

But having 35 RETURNING freshman is CRAZY!!!! Great foundation.

I can see WT certainly being a top 4 team and competing in the national picture soon!!

Happy days ahead my friend!!
    Without going back to last year's stats, I think WT had 3 or 4 true freshmen who played. That was down from 10 or 11 the previous year. I've heard they may have 3 or 4 this year who could break the 2 deep chart and compete for a starting spot.

I do know Hughes thinks highly of the quality of the athletes the 2019 and 2020 recruiting classes bring. Many (probably most) of those '19 and '20 recruits would have been starters and backups his first two seasons. Ha!

Only time will tell if his '18, '19, and '20 classes are legit. We'll know a lot more this year about that '18 class (18 sophs)..
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 08-28-2020, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Good numbers!

What about Kingsville? ASU? MSU? ENMU? UTPB? WNMU?

Our SID is taking the shutdown very seriously and not updating worth a ****. If it wasn't for Fred Nuesch we would be totally in the dark.
      Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Good numbers!

Glad to see you around the board again! Continued prayers brother

Comment

Good numbers!

TAMUK has a football program? I did not know that.

Our SID hasn't updated squat other than sending out the cancellation notices.

BTW, glad to see you are improving Chip. Keep getting up everyday and build on it!

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Glad to see you around the board again! Continued prayers brother
            Thanks, man! My goal is to be able to stand (assisted) by this time next year. As long as Mr. Spinal Cord keeps healing slowly and steadily. The sky's the limit. Ha!

Comment

I've made it to a couple practices and watched the scrimmage Saturday morning. I'm excited to see these guys get on the field. The new OC is head and shoulders above what we have had under Hughes to date.
              ???On defense, remember the name JT Cavender. I think he is going to be a really good linebacker for WT the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                I've made it to a couple practices and watched the scrimmage Saturday morning. I'm excited to see these guys get on the field. The new OC is head and shoulders above what we have had under Hughes to date.
                ???On defense, remember the name JT Cavender. I think he is going to be a really good linebacker for WT the next few years.
                I'm excited to hear you say that. I thought the guy we had last year was very good, but the new one does have a really good resume.

Having Wagner join the defensive coaching staff also seems like a big plus.

Comment

WT has added Colorado Mesa as a home game on 11/21. That makes 7 games, at least 2 more should be added.

https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/football/schedule

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I'm excited to hear you say that. I thought the guy we had last year was very good, but the new one does have a really good resume.

They definitely have a lot of experience in the coaching staff. 3 former head coaches on a D2 staff is pretty good in my opinion. I thought the guy last year was good but a little spastic at times. New coach is a teacher, you can just tell he knows what he's doing

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Wow! WT seems to have the best coaching staff in the LSC now!!

I might have to become a WT fan.....especially with the addition of Coach Wag!!

Comment

They definitely have a lot of experience in the coaching staff. 3 former head coaches on a D2 staff is pretty good in my opinion. I thought the guy last year was good but a little spastic at times. New coach is a teacher, you can just tell he knows what he's doing
                        The coaching staff is OUTSTANDING. How can WT not be a national power now??

Comment

We all know it will come down to the recruiting and whether they have the players or they don't

Comment

We all know it will come down to the recruiting and whether they have the players or they don't

Comment

Let me get back to ya on that
                              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

EXACTLY!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X