Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAMC playing no games in 2020-21 academic year

This is posted on the 2020 schedule page:

A deliberate and careful review of all options, along with numerous conversations between student-athletes, coaches, and administration, the Lions have opted to play no outside competition in the 2020-21 academic year.

Comment

I'm very concerned we end up losing kids from this, hope I'm wrong. But two years between meaningful games is a long time to keep kids from drifting.

Comment

Is this all sports or just football

Comment

I stopped reading at football.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
            Is this all sports or just football
            The other sports are playing modified schedules.

Comment

I suspect that TAMUC knows that a spring season is untenable and is simply coming clean with that fact in advance of everyone else. I also hazard that the schools that deferred sports to spring have no genuine interest in spring sports - it was just something to say to maintain crowd control. Short of a 100 percent effective vaccine, which won't happen, COVID is now a part of our lives present and future. At some point we will all decide to move on, not because it is safe, but that we have no real choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                I suspect that TAMUC knows that a spring season is untenable and is simply coming clean with that fact in advance of everyone else. I also hazard that the schools that deferred sports to spring have no genuine interest in spring sports - it was just something to say to maintain crowd control. Short of a 100 percent effective vaccine, which won't happen, COVID is now a part of our lives present and future. At some point we will all decide to move on, not because it is safe, but that we have no real choice.
                I agree a 100% on this. I don't believe spring ball happens, because the virus will still be here and they won't have any new great plans in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I agree a 100% on this. I don't believe spring ball happens, because the virus will still be here and they won't have any new great plans in place.
                  If your like WT with 16 varsity sports, how do you schedule games for 550 student-athletes over a 4 month period??
                  The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X