Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Sun belt the new power 5 conference

Sun Belt may be 3-0 on the road against Big 12 teams after this weekend. Yikes.

Coastal was way up on Kansas at half when I went to bed. Saw that they won. The Big 12 really took a beat down yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
      Coastal was way up on Kansas at half when I went to bed. Saw that they won. The Big 12 really took a beat down yesterday.
      Even when the Big 12 won, they lost. See Texas Tech v Houston Baptist. At least the B12 has Oklahoma and Texas to prop them up.
      Last edited by catatonic; 09-13-2020, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by catatonic View Post

Even when the Big 12 win, , they lost. See Texas Tech v Houston. At least the B12 has Oklahoma and Texas to prop them up.
        HBU missed the two point conversion late that would have tied it. That is what TT gets for taking the "Guns Up" decal off the back of their helmets. Now it must just be "Finger Up".

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
          Sun Belt may be 3-0 on the road against Big 12 teams after this weekend. Yikes.
          Not sure if that tells me more about the Big 12 or the Sunbelt. Certainly not a good look for the Big 12.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

HBU missed the two point conversion late that would have tied it. That is what TT gets for taking the "Guns Up" decal off the back of their helmets. Now it must just be "Finger Up".
            Yeah I was begging for HBU to do the on-side kick at the end. No way in hell were they going to stop Tech from running out the clock, They gave all they have left on that last defensive stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Not sure if that tells me more about the Big 12 or the Sunbelt. Certainly not a good look for the Big 12.
              I agree. In a normal year the BIg 12 champ may be left out. Oklahoma is going through a rebuild and Texas will probably underacheive again. Interested to see what Baylor and TCU have.

Comment

Who thought joining CUSA was a move up ?

Comment

One thing we saw last Saturday is that there is no home field advantage. A lot of these games are like middle school - practically silent other than the players on the sidelines. So there is not boost by the crowd, and no boos to pressure the officials. Just man on man. And these P5 teams come strutting in thinking they will steamroll a G5 program, oops!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X