Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maroon & White Game

I was unable to attend or watch the game, how about a report??
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Guess nobody on the board went.
    ]

Comment

I went and thought they looked good. As of now, Gerber is starting QB, the juco transfer is 2nd team and Palacios, the kid from Canyon originally is 3rd team. At RB, Compton, Blair, Smallwood, Ugwu, and Harris all got plenty of carries and all bring a little something different to the table. The WR position has a ton of depth...I expect Neal, Stephens-Peppers and Bridges to make an impact. O-line is huge, McGruder redshirted last year and has replaced Campbell at guard. Campbell is running second team. Both tackles return and a transfer Magallanes is starting at guard also. Madison started guard last year and has moved to center.
      TE will be Jordan Johnson and transfer Brown to start with. They moved Perez from QB to TE but he was in a walking boot last night. He was getting plenty of reps at the practices I had been to.

Defense will have 2 transfers maybe 3 starting in the secondary along with Tobias. Konate had a pick six last night and appears to be the real deal at corner. Escalante looks good at safety and will bring the hit to you. LB will be good, Collins, Dennis, Pennington, and Thomas all return. A bunch of youth after that. Cavender will be a good one at LB and will make an impact this year. At DL they have a little more size this year, with a ton of redshirts. I will admit I thought the transfer Holt was gonna make a big impact but I haven't seen it yet. Pollard will be playing a lot as a true freshman. Returning starter Mata was in a knee brace last night and Rivera was not suited out either after his season ending injury early last year.

All said, I think this is Hughes deepest team and should be pretty good. It's hard to tell when its not against other competition though.

Comment

This is an encouraging report
        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Great report! I couldn't have done a better job.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X