Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Like equality? This is quite a rather interesting view indeed!
    Not what I was talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Like equality? This is quite a rather interesting view indeed!

Comment

Comment

Not an Accountant, but have been in a few business ventures during my life time. I would think a 5% dip should at the very least make some ears perk up? I know with government spending, the Bureaucrats and mainly Democrats cry holy hell if a program is cut even 1% or an automatic increase built into the program is reduced even though the same program is still getting more money than it received the prior year.
          Last edited by LSC Fan; 09-15-2020, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
            I have been thinking lately. Politics, peoples opinions, world issues, social justice, global warming, starving people in the world, left, right, political correctness.....blah, blah, blah! NONE OF IT MATTERS TO ME! This may sound cold or hard, but I decided I don't care about ANYTHING other than taking care of me & mine. No matter what happens, who gets killed, who is president, what iceberg is melting too fast, etc., I DON'T CARE because I still have to take care of my mine regardless.

I don't watch the news, I stopped reading, using, and/or posting on social media, other than this messageboard, and just don't care about "the issus", thoughts or opinions of "the issues".

NONE of it matters. It doesn't take care of my daily business, responsibilities, family, or put food on the table. Sooooo....I simply don't care.
            I am in the same mindset as you. I have yet to see someone change the other persons mind about these issues either on social media or over a beer. At the most you talk about a compromise which is what Washington should be doing in the first place. My routine used to be turn on the news, debate someone on facebook on their views, and find which game was on that night to watch. Of course having a family now cut into that routine quite a bit but with all the other stuff going on I have learned I don't miss these things at all. So much so that I have moved my family to a quiet part of Lake Conroe in the middle of nowhere and concentrate on the good things such as watching movies or helping the kiddo out with homework. Every once in a while I will turn on the Cowboys or Rangers game but thats it. I have also learned to quit stressing about elections. Good chance the winner will not have both the house and senate behind them so it will be gridlock yet again. If and when these things show up on my doorstep then the end times will not be far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Makes me no diff, but as long as the anthem is being played and the players are out on the field, there is a code of etiquette that we, as citizens, are to follow. We can have our differences in this country, but waiting until the country is re-made to suit our personal preferences before we respect the country is unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I am in the same mindset as you. I have yet to see someone change the other persons mind about these issues either on social media or over a beer. At the most you talk about a compromise which is what Washington should be doing in the first place. My routine used to be turn on the news, debate someone on facebook on their views, and find which game was on that night to watch. Of course having a family now cut into that routine quite a bit but with all the other stuff going on I have learned I don't miss these things at all. So much so that I have moved my family to a quiet part of Lake Conroe in the middle of nowhere and concentrate on the good things such as watching movies or helping the kiddo out with homework. Every once in a while I will turn on the Cowboys or Rangers game but thats it. I have also learned to quit stressing about elections. Good chance the winner will not have both the house and senate behind them so it will be gridlock yet again. If and when these things show up on my doorstep then the end times will not be far behind.
                It's almost on your doorstep now. Who would rob an old lady with a cane?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=317870819318642

Comment

Not quite. Harris County is greater Houston. I am in far Northwest Montgomery County. If that type of stuff make it to my place then the bigger cities have already been overrun.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                    That's across the board for NFL games, not just cowboys. I think people are getting tired of outside things entering their "escape". Right or wrong, it's happening.
                    Spot on. Just saw these ugly numbers and my guess is a lot of NFL Fans are agitated and angry.
                    • Steelers at Giants: This game drew 10.8 million viewers on ESPN, down 21% from the early-game opener during Week 1 of the 2019 NFL season
                    • Titans at Broncos: Drew 7.7 million viewers, down a whopping 38% from the late game last year.

These are just some startling numbers right here. They are also a continuation of a trend around the NFL world thus far on the young season.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                      Not quite. Harris County is greater Houston. I am in far Northwest Montgomery County. If that type of stuff make it to my place then the bigger cities have already been overrun.
                      Lake Conroe is about as nice as you can get if you have a lake front lot. Stunningly beautiful. I live about 2 and half hours southeast of Conroe on top of the Salt Domes. Landscape is not near as nice here at swamp level. But at least our Mosquitoes are the largest in the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Spot on. Just saw these ugly numbers and my guess is a lot of NFL Fans are agitated and angry.
                        • Steelers at Giants: This game drew 10.8 million viewers on ESPN, down 21% from the early-game opener during Week 1 of the 2019 NFL season
                        • Titans at Broncos: Drew 7.7 million viewers, down a whopping 38% from the late game last year.

These are just some startling numbers right here. They are also a continuation of a trend around the NFL world thus far on the young season.
                        I was thinking the same.

Steelers at Giants: Will be a yawner for NFL fan teams outside that fan base. I would rather watch the hallmark channel than a Jason Garrett led offense.
                        Titans at Broncos: Who's bright idea was it to start that game at 9:20pm CDT? I felt like I was staying up for a Texas Rangers west coast road game.

Comment

Lake Conroe is about as nice as you can get if you have a lake front lot. Stunningly beautiful. I live about 2 and half hours southeast of Conroe on top of the Salt Domes. Landscape is not near as nice here at swamp level. But at least our Mosquitoes are the largest in the state.
                          Not doing that nice but very close. You are right its very beautiful. Its nice to have a breeze come off the lake to cool things down. THe hill county there was no wind at all and got stifling hot.

Comment

The most shocking part of it to me is that people are dying for entertainment right now, they need that escape, and for the most part people are home a LOT more now than in the past which tells you numbers should be UP. So what's the only factor that's throwing a wrench in things? What was discussed above.

Comment

Comment

Everyone realizes ALL major sports are going on at the same time for the FIRST time in history, right?

And the NFL did not have a pre-season. Everything is out of wack.

And for those blaming politics, etc....this has nothing to do with politiics. 70707

Who cares if someone takes a knee? 70707. "OHHHH, that really affects my life!!" It does NOTHING to or for ANYONE!!!!

This has to do with ALL the norms being out of wack. Nothing more, nothing less.

Of course with that said, ALL viewership & attendance in EVERYTHING has been dropping for a decade or more. We live in different times folks. Get on board or get left behind.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X