Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Everyone realizes ALL major sports are going on at the same time for the FIRST time in history, right?

And the NFL did not have a pre-season. Everything is out of wack.

And for those blaming politics, etc....this has nothing to do with politiics. 70707

Who cares if someone takes a knee? 70707. "OHHHH, that really affects my life!!" It does NOTHING to or for ANYONE!!!!

This has to do with ALL the norms being out of wack. Nothing more, nothing less.

Of course with that said, ALL viewership & attendance in EVERYTHING has been dropping for a decade or more. We live in different times folks. Get on board or get left behind.

Comment

Whole year will be off. They will lose $ just like EVERYONE else.

Hopefully, it will be back to normal by 2021. We'll see.

Comment

Everyone realizes ALL major sports are going on at the same time for the FIRST time in history, right?

And the NFL did not have a pre-season. Everything is out of wack.

And for those blaming politics, etc....this has nothing to do with politiics. 70707

Who cares if someone takes a knee? 70707. "OHHHH, that really affects my life!!" It does NOTHING to or for ANYONE!!!!

This has to do with ALL the norms being out of wack. Nothing more, nothing less.

Of course with that said, ALL viewership & attendance in EVERYTHING has been dropping for a decade or more. We live in different times folks. Get on board or get left behind.
        This has some valid points. BUT (and yes you knew there was going to be a BUT) in here..... the fact the Cowboys/Rams number was so low has to raise a HUGE red flag.

If the largest fan base in the nation isn't tuning in on an evening where I think all the other sports finished earlier in the day, then it it has to be concerning to all involved. Plus the Cowboys, thanks to the fan base , is one of the legs of the stool which has always kept the TV numbers looking better than they otherwise would if they were just an average NFL draw.

Having said that I can also understand it's somewhat difficult to get into games in all sports being played on TV right now because it just does't feel the same thanks to no crowd interaction. The college games in some instances are minus their bands and other things that keep the game unique vs the pros. The artificial crowd noise, etc make it seem more like a production vs a real live event. Baseball has to be the biggest yawner right now and wait until the World Series if you want to see numbers tank regardless of the team involved. Crowd interaction is always a fun part of watching the WS on TV and certainly makes itself felt in the actual venue.

Comment

Think about this: Why would someone like me watch the NBA and NFL when I know that most of those guys hate me? And college. I mean, do fat middle aged men like me have nothing better to do than watch semi pro sports, operating under the guise of academia, so that they can get drunk, wear their T-shirt, and yell Pig Sooey? or Roll tide?

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
            Think about this: Why would someone like me watch the NBA and NFL when I know that most of those guys hate me? And college. I mean, do fat middle aged men like me have nothing better to do than watch semi pro sports, operating under the guise of academia, so that they can get drunk, wear their T-shirt, and yell Pig Sooey? or Roll tide?
            So does this mean you don't watch TV news, go to the movies, read newspapers, etc.? The majority of those people share the same views as NBA and NFL players.
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

So does this mean you don't watch TV news, go to the movies, read newspapers, etc.? The majority of those people share the same views as NBA and NFL players.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

But, the majority of people do not agree with violence that has spawned out of these protests. And, any normal thinking person does not agree with placing one race Blacks lives Matter above all other races. That by the very definition is racism, The fact that the NBA fired a Houston Rockets exec for his Chinese comments
                The NBA's statement said that his comments were regrettable. He was not fired.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/15/hous...b-is-safe.html

I do agree about the hypocrisy from the NBA as a league and the individual players/coaches who were critical of his comments.
                Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Hilarious! Look in the mirror, YOU and people that share your views ARE the problem!!

Question. Was your son stopped in "po dunk" town Texas 90% of the time when traveling from home back to school? Was he removed from the vehicle, patted down, sometimes cuffed, and had his vehicle searched WITHOUT permission???? My son was! But our QB, from Rowlett, was NEVER stopped and drove the same route. What was the difference between the two young men? They both were young college athletes. Both drove the same year pick up truck. Both wore Angelo State hats. The difference? SKIN COLOR!! So, unless you have walked in THOSE shoes, shut-up.

You need someone to sit you down and educate you. Not argue, yell, etc. Just EDUCATE you. You are clueless. It's not your fault. It is what has been taught for GENERATIONS. It is TIME for change. That change happens ONE PERSON AT A TIME. Each person has to look in the mirror and FIX the person they see. If everyone fixed that person in the mirror.......racism would not be a thing.

Your bible is a great place to learn. PRACTICE it, don't preach it.

Comment

Hilarious! Look in the mirror, YOU and people that share your views ARE the problem!!

Question. Was your son stopped in "po dunk" town Texas 90% of the time when traveling from home back to school? Was he removed from the vehicle, patted down, sometimes cuffed, and had his vehicle searched WITHOUT permission???? My son was! But our QB, from Rowlett, was NEVER stopped and drove the same route. What was the difference between the two young men? They both were young college athletes. Both drove the same year pick up truck. Both wore Angelo State hats. The difference? SKIN COLOR!! So, unless you have walked in THOSE shoes, shut-up.

You need someone to sit you down and educate you. Not argue, yell, etc. Just EDUCATE you. You are clueless. It's not your fault. It is what has been taught for GENERATIONS. It is TIME for change. That change happens ONE PERSON AT A TIME. Each person has to look in the mirror and FIX the person they see. If everyone fixed that person in the mirror.......racism would not be a thing.

I am not going to pretend that I know overall but have gone through something similar one time. Was driving back to Amarillo from a training seminar in Denver in 2012. A trooper pulled me over 5 minutes after entering Texas. Told me I was going 72 in a 70 (cruise was set on 70 but whatever). He proceeds to tell me that my car needs to be searched because my eyes were bloodshot (presumably from smoking pot and not that I had to wake up at 5am after 4 hours sleep) and I had powdered donuts in my car (to mask the smell of pot not because I love powdered donuts). I told him I had to be back to Amarillo to report to work and I would contest the ticket if that is agreeable. He had me get out of the car and radioed to his buddy to watch me in his squad car while he brought his drug dog as well as himself to search my car. Of course there was nothing there and they "apologized" saying my car fit the description of a car involved in drug runs from Colorado and Texas (Car is a black Mazda 4 door 6i) and gave me just a warning. All this going on while I was wearing my VA badge around my neck. I was more mad that it made me late returning to work back then but when I told my step-dad about it (who is now retired APD) he lost his mind and wanted that guy reprimanded. I am as white as a ghost.

99% of the police I encounter are/seem to be great people and my family that were in law enforcement were great. That one time made me realize what others can/could go through on a consistent basis.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

you would be correct, I don't!

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                          on the wrong side of the tracks with the blacks Some of my really good friends are black and we do discuss the current state of affairs. I have been stopped by cops and had my truck gone over with a fine tooth comb on a couple of occasions. Tbh, I am weary of cops myself because of what my Dad told me years ago. He said how many a$&holes have they dealt with that day before they got to you. I myself do not and never have profiled people but I am not a cop. I know trouble when I see it regardless of color.

Bottom line is God made us the way we are for a reason. God made us in his own image. God is no respecter of men. So no one race of men are any better than the other regardless of what anyone thinks. That being said, those who are protesting and not that I am against anyone voicing their opinions or grievances should be heard. But they need to find a way to unite people instead of degrading the very institution that gives them their rights. Disrespectful.
                          I am 100% positive MLK, Jr would have a better way than what is currently taking place.
                          "the blacks". SMDH. That says it ALL. Case closed!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I am not going to pretend that I know overall but have gone through something similar one time. Was driving back to Amarillo from a training seminar in Denver in 2012. A trooper pulled me over 5 minutes after entering Texas. Told me I was going 72 in a 70 (cruise was set on 70 but whatever). He proceeds to tell me that my car needs to be searched because my eyes were bloodshot (presumably from smoking pot and not that I had to wake up at 5am after 4 hours sleep) and I had powdered donuts in my car (to mask the smell of pot not because I love powdered donuts). I told him I had to be back to Amarillo to report to work and I would contest the ticket if that is agreeable. He had me get out of the car and radioed to his buddy to watch me in his squad car while he brought his drug dog as well as himself to search my car. Of course there was nothing there and they "apologized" saying my car fit the description of a car involved in drug runs from Colorado and Texas (Car is a black Mazda 4 door 6i) and gave me just a warning. All this going on while I was wearing my VA badge around my neck. I was more mad that it made me late returning to work back then but when I told my step-dad about it (who is now retired APD) he lost his mind and wanted that guy reprimanded. I am as white as a ghost.

99% of the police I encounter are/seem to be great people and my family that were in law enforcement were great. That one time made me realize what others can/could go through on a consistent basis.
                            I used to get my vehicle searched from time to time at the Border Patrol Check Point south of Kingsville back in my college days and WAYYYY before we became Fortress America down there where you now have cameras set up taking pictures of you and your vehicle going south bound. I guess they thought I fit a profile for bringing drugs back to A&I to sell. I got so fed up one time I told the young BP Agent if I really had something stashed, I would fess up and save him the time and energy.

Comment

Comment

I'm for getting rid a qualified immunity as long as politicians ( Mayors, Council, State and Local Court officials) in these cites and states whom have been lying and steeling for votes are held to the same liabilities as police in a court of law. Their negligence in cities such as Chicago more recently and Detroit in the past is beyond criminal just to name a few cities. And I'll say the same applies for economically depressed areas where the minority is Hispanic or even parts of the South where you have a majority but poor white population or it's diverse. For once criminal courts can be bypassed and the roots of corruption which have harmed predominately black citizens in some of these locales can exposed once and for all without the filter of political appointees putting a thumb on the scale in order to protect their own. In civil courts, all bets are off and discovery is what it is/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X