Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

I used to get my vehicle searched from time to time at the Border Patrol Check Point south of Kingsville back in my college days and WAYYYY before we became Fortress America down there where you now have cameras set up taking pictures of you and your vehicle going south bound. I guess they thought I fit a profile for bringing drugs back to A&I to sell. I got so fed up one time I told the young BP Agent if I really had something stashed, I would fess up and save him the time and energy.
    Yeah we got stopped at the sarita checkpoint a long time ago. A friend of ours in a group unknown to us bought a bottle of ambien. I thought we were toast but they let us pass. That made me pucker worse than the trooper stop.

Comment

Yeah Pops usually has a raw emotion knee jerk reaction to things he disagrees with, That's what I like about him. He is genuine, It would be hypocritical of me to get angry with anyone over a discussion board when I battled anger issues all through grade school into early adult life. I was the recipient of multiple paddle pops every year in school even on the last day of my senior year. Mostly fist fighting as well as a few other things like skunking a school bus of a rival school. I sure am glad ISS didn't exist back then, As far as myself ever being a politically correct person I do not see that. Most all people I know that are politically correct in public are fake in private, I enjoy genuine people regardless of who they are or how they look period. No hidden agenda, two faced back stabbers to get one step ahead.

As far as the police I would probably not be the best spokesperson due to the fact I have a passive aggressive personality and have authority issues. That being said I have worked for organizations and everything comes down from the top. LSC Fan answered a George Floyd question I had from day one. And, that was how are the Mayor and Police Chief being retained?
      Obviously, this technique of placing the knee on a person's neck wasn't new it was a department accepted practice otherwise I would hope any other cop with a heart would have pulled him off. Now, if it was an accepted practice the Police Chief and Mayor were fully aware of it. So, this immunity is the only reason they are still there. Any other organization and those at the top would have been gone. Thus corruption lives under the guise of immunity,

Finally, defunding or scrapping police departments without having a game plan is a catastrophically bad idea. And, NO citizens corralling other citizens is not the answer. My thinking was that this is a lot bigger issue than just police. That was what I was referring to. What results or what is the game plan so to speak to address the larger issues other than protesting?

I do know this when all is said and done if we as a nation cannot find common ground this country may not survive in the not so distant future. A house divided against itself cannot stand was quoted by the greatest philosopher of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Yeah Pops usually has a raw emotion knee jerk reaction to things he disagrees with, That's what I like about him. He is genuine, It would be hypocritical of me to get angry with anyone over a discussion board when I battled anger issues all through grade school into early adult life. I was the recipient of multiple paddle pops every year in school even on the last day of my senior year. Mostly fist fighting as well as a few other things like skunking a school bus of a rival school. I sure am glad ISS didn't exist back then, As far as myself ever being a politically correct person I do not see that. Most all people I know that are politically correct in public are fake in private, I enjoy genuine people regardless of who they are or how they look period. No hidden agenda, two faced back stabbers to get one step ahead.

As far as the police I would probably not be the best spokesperson due to the fact I have a passive aggressive personality and have authority issues. That being said I have worked for organizations and everything comes down from the top. LSC Fan answered a George Floyd question I had from day one. And, that was how are the Mayor and Police Chief being retained?
        Obviously, this technique of placing the knee on a person's neck wasn't new it was a department accepted practice otherwise I would hope any other cop with a heart would have pulled him off. Now, if it was an accepted practice the Police Chief and Mayor were fully aware of it. So, this immunity is the only reason they are still there. Any other organization and those at the top would have been gone. Thus corruption lives under the guise of immunity,

Finally, defunding or scrapping police departments without having a game plan is a catastrophically bad idea. And, NO citizens corralling other citizens is not the answer. My thinking was that this is a lot bigger issue than just police. That was what I was referring to. What results or what is the game plan so to speak to address the larger issues other than protesting?

I do know this when all is said and done if we as a nation cannot find common ground this country may not survive in the not so distant future. A house divided against itself cannot stand was quoted by the greatest philosopher of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          I have been thinking lately. Politics, peoples opinions, world issues, social justice, global warming, starving people in the world, left, right, political correctness.....blah, blah, blah! NONE OF IT MATTERS TO ME! This may sound cold or hard, but I decided I don't care about ANYTHING other than taking care of me & mine. No matter what happens, who gets killed, who is president, what iceberg is melting too fast, etc., I DON'T CARE because I still have to take care of my mine regardless.

I don't watch the news, I stopped reading, using, and/or posting on social media, other than this messageboard, and just don't care about "the issus", thoughts or opinions of "the issues".

NONE of it matters. It doesn't take care of my daily business, responsibilities, family, or put food on the table. Sooooo....I simply don't care.
          I can agree with you on this!!!
          D2 Naked Co-ed Football - the only way to go.

Comment

Well Techie boy....so much for your political theory.....

"Fox's Sunday singleheader, led by the memorable Atlanta Falcons-Dallas Cowboys game, again recorded an increase over last year, seeing a rise of 6 percent over 2019. The combined games recorded a 10.5 rating."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....163247237.html

Comment

Well Techie boy....so much for your political theory.....

"Fox's Sunday singleheader, led by the memorable Atlanta Falcons-Dallas Cowboys game, again recorded an increase over last year, seeing a rise of 6 percent over 2019. The combined games recorded a 10.5 rating."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....163247237.html
              Awesome, I hope they keep it up. I'm battling Tropical Storm Beta prepping and helping others in low lying areas.

Comment

Awesome, I hope they keep it up. I'm battling Tropical Storm Beta prepping and helping others in low lying areas.
                Yeah, my Bro-in-law lives in Sugarland....said he's getting lots of rain. Thank goodness it was only a Tropical Depression. What are you "battling"???

Well.....whenever you get done "battling"...why don't you address the fact that you were wrong about the NFL. I'm just waiting to see if you can admit you were wrong.

Comment

Yeah, my Bro-in-law lives in Sugarland....said he's getting lots of rain. Thank goodness it was only a Tropical Depression. What are you "battling"???

Well.....whenever you get done "battling"...why don't you address the fact that you were wrong about the NFL. I'm just waiting to see if you can admit you were wrong.
                  Lol, any conversation with techie is sure to go off on a random tangent. Always entertaining. I'm currently battling partly cloudy skies and 66 degree weather but I think I'll emerge victorious.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Lol, any conversation with techie is sure to go off on a random tangent. Always entertaining. I'm currently battling partly cloudy skies and 66 degree weather but I think I'll emerge victorious.
                    HAHAHAHAHA. Too funny!!!

Comment

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nfl...hip-2020-2019/

Comment

So, NO, you can not admit when you are wrong. INSTEAD you resort to being condescending and name calliing. CLASSIC!!! HAHAHA.

I scored 100 in profiling you. Too easy. LOL. You are just SOOOOO much better than us ignorant peasants. 70707070707

Oh.....did you win your "BATTLE". (falling on the floor right now....bwahahahahaha)
                        Last edited by ASUPops; 09-25-2020, 09:17 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

So, NO, you can not admit when you are wrong. INSTEAD you resort to being condescending and name calliing. CLASSIC!!! HAHAHA.

I scored 100 in profiling you. Too easy. LOL. You are just SOOOOO much better than us ignorant peasants. 70707070707

Oh.....did you win your "BATTLE". (falling on the floor right now....bwahahahahaha)
                          Pops, I think your train has went down a dirt road. Pray tell what am I admitted to being wrong about. The NFL numbers don't back you up. I thought you were really good at math!?! Look at the link and you will see that viewership is still down overall. Here is another piece of the puzzle for you.

The Thursday night game drew 5.43 million viewers on NFL Network, per ShowBuzz Daily, down roughly 16% from Titans-Jaguars a year ago (6.32 million, per Sports Media Watch).8 hours ago

I mean it really does not affect me one way or another if the NFL is doing well or losing fans. That is up to higher ups to figure that one out. Like you said it is an entertainment company anyway.

The battle was sand bagging (fun job - you should try it sometime) and moving elderly people valuables to higher ground in case of flooding if you must know. Luckily we did win the battle this time as most of the rain was in southwest Houston and Sugar Land. Didn't see much flooding this time which was a Godsend.

Comment

Pops, I think your train has went down a dirt road. Pray tell what am I admitted to being wrong about. The NFL numbers don't back you up. I thought you were really good at math!?! Look at the link and you will see that viewership is still down overall. Here is another piece of the puzzle for you.

The Thursday night game drew 5.43 million viewers on NFL Network, per ShowBuzz Daily, down roughly 16% from Titans-Jaguars a year ago (6.32 million, per Sports Media Watch).8 hours ago

I mean it really does not affect me one way or another if the NFL is doing well or losing fans. That is up to higher ups to figure that one out. Like you said it is an entertainment company anyway.

The battle was sand bagging (fun job - you should try it sometime) and moving elderly people valuables to higher ground in case of flooding if you must know. Luckily we did win the battle this time as most of the rain was in southwest Houston and Sugar Land. Didn't see much flooding this time which was a Godsend.
                            OMG.....you are just a CLASSIC case!! As a psychologist, have you diagnosed yourself? 70707. Too easy.

FYI.....brother, I was a US Marine....I GUARANTEE I have filled, lifted, moved, and stacked more sandbags than you have SEEN in your life. Are you joking me.

Glad you won your "battle". Now fix yourself. 7070707

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X