Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT vs OPSU

This should be an easy win, something like 49-7. Who is going to the game? I may watch it online.

There have been no additional games added to the schedule, so 7 games may be it for this year.

I hope to see that kind of domination for this first game. I'm sure when kick-off time rolls around I won't be able to resist and muster up the $10 to watch it online.

Comment

First game out of the gate for WT. 2nd game for Panhandle State. I'd say WT by 35-14.

Again, I'll have to watch online. I'm hoping to make it to a later game. It depends on the local community area transport company. I have to take one of their "cripple" vans with a lift. Trying to get them to run as late as 9pm will be the problem.

I'll be shopping for my own mobility vehicle by the first of the year. Right now, I'm screwed when it comes to watching a game in person.

Comment

Already have my tickets for the SFA game. I had to buy season tickets (SFA) to obtain them . No problem at the time I got them WT was their only home game.

Comment

I will be going tomorrow night nd expect WT to win this handily. Anything short of a dominating win would be a disappointment. The only x factor is I'm not sure who they are going to play in this game. A few weeks ago about 40 players went to an off campus party and were subsequently put in quarantine as a precaution. So they missed a good couple of weeks of practice and a lot of the younger guys got in the work. I've heard Hughes may reward the younger guys and go with a lot of them in this game against OPSU.

Comment

Originally posted by olebuff View Post
            Already have my tickets for the SFA game. I had to buy season tickets (SFA) to obtain them . No problem at the time I got them WT was their only home game.
            That's wild. I sent them an email about getting tickets to that game but they haven't answered. I like the idea of a chair back seat, but it's on their side.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
              I will be going tomorrow night nd expect WT to win this handily. Anything short of a dominating win would be a disappointment. The only x factor is I'm not sure who they are going to play in this game. A few weeks ago about 40 players went to an off campus party and were subsequently put in quarantine as a precaution. So they missed a good couple of weeks of practice and a lot of the younger guys got in the work. I've heard Hughes may reward the younger guys and go with a lot of them in this game against OPSU.
              I had not heard about that, it's disappointing that half the team would care more about a party than their season.

If Hughes does play the newbies, I will lower my expectations to 42-14. By the way, how is our kicker looking?

For North American, I think they can start the ball girls and still win.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I had not heard about that, it's disappointing that half the team would care more about a party than their season.

If Hughes does play the newbies, I will lower my expectations to 42-14. By the way, how is our kicker looking?

For North American, I think they can start the ball girls and still win.
                Well, they have 6 kickers on the roster. At the maroon white game last weekend, they rotated at least 3 of them, maybe a 4th for field goals. Sadly, none of them stood out to me. I don't know what to expect but we won't have a Sergio Castillo type kicker.

Comment

Is there no broadcast of the game tonight ?

Comment

https://lonestarconferencenetwork.com/wt/

Comment

The game is sold out (at 1/2 capacity). It can be watched on the LSC Network for $10. Link is at www.gobuffsgo.com or you can download the app on your TV if you use Roku or AmazonFire.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Well, they have 6 kickers on the roster. At the maroon white game last weekend, they rotated at least 3 of them, maybe a 4th for field goals. Sadly, none of them stood out to me. I don't know what to expect but we won't have a Sergio Castillo type kicker.
                        I see the guy who Hughes said could hit 50 in practice but made only one all year in a game (from 27 yards) is back. It's a shame no one has stood out, but maybe one of them won't be rattled as much in an actual game.

Sergio and I are friends. I enjoyed watching him in the XFL until it folded. He signed a good contract to go back to Canada, but the CFL canceled the season. Hopefully he will be back in the XFL when they resume playing..

Houston fans tend to like booing. Last year I went to the home opener. Neither team had ever played, but when the opponents took the field they were booed.. I got a good laugh out of it.

Comment

If you mean radio, not by WT. They gave up radio when they moved to the on-campus stadium.

Comment

Production value of the broadcast is a lot better this year. Seems like they are trying to step their game up.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
                              Production value of the broadcast is a lot better this year. Seems like they are trying to step their game up.
                              The video is great! On my laptop the sound was weak, so I moved it to my big tv.

I liked the "We Are One" prelude.

7-0 WT after a defensive stand and 2 offensive plays.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X