Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT vs ASU

I'm excited about this one coming up Saturday. It will tell me more about WT this year than any other match up. I like what I see from WT so far in intra squad and against OPSU. Any ASU followers know much about the team this year? New QB and RB, as I saw Daven Manning wasn't on the roster again this year.

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    I'm excited about this one coming up Saturday. It will tell me more about WT this year than any other match up. I like what I see from WT so far in intra squad and against OPSU. Any ASU followers know much about the team this year? New QB and RB, as I saw Daven Manning wasn't on the roster again this year.
    I agree this should be a good game to watch! Gerber only had 1 incomplete pass, and I felt like that one should have been a pass interference penalty. The backs had a great night, especially Brandon Blair. I was so glad to see him again!

ASU will be a far superior opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I agree this should be a good game to watch! Gerber only had 1 incomplete pass, and I felt like that one should have been a pass interference penalty. The backs had a great night, especially Brandon Blair. I was so glad to see him again!

ASU will be a far superior opponent.
      WT should have beat Angelo last year. The absolute CRUMMIEST ASS kicking game I'd witnessed for WT FB since watching all but 8 or 9 games since 1968, doomed the Buffs last year. Not knowing what talent Angelo has added since last year, makes this game a toss-up IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

WT should have beat Angelo last year. The absolute CRUMMIEST ASS kicking game I'd witnessed for WT FB since watching all but 8 or 9 games since 1968, doomed the Buffs last year. Not knowing what talent Angelo has added since last year, makes this game a toss-up IMO.
        Did you notice who they let kick the FG against OPSU? It was the same guy from last year.

Comment

Did you notice who they let kick the FG against OPSU? It was the same guy from last year.
          For PATs it was Gonzales 2/2, Ellsworth 2/2, Urias 2/2, Welch 1/2 (bad snap), and Lopez 1/1. Last year even a PAT was MEGA IFFY.

Comment

Like Ii said iin a previous post, not following NCAA football this year (kinda a waste of time to me because it's not a "real season"). With that said, I don't know much about Angerlo's team. I know Texas Tech QB Colt Garrett transferred. I know the signed, supposedly, some serious JUCO talent....and had another 1 or 2 D1 transfers. But that's ALL I know. My "insidew" contact resigned this year, so....I only have info from player/parents.

I would expect WT to win this one BIG, BIUG, BIG based on all I am hearing and reading. Should be a cake walk for WT.

FYI....not sure of the validity, but the word is new Prez is REALLY wanting an Angelo State move to D1......very soon.

Comment

Does anyone actually care about college football this fall? Seems like a bunch of exhibitions that mean maybe slightly more than a spring game. I get that it's...exciting?... that games are being played but there won't be conference champions, regional champions (playoffs), or a national champion. What is there to be excited about?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                Like Ii said iin a previous post, not following NCAA football this year (kinda a waste of time to me because it's not a "real season"). With that said, I don't know much about Angerlo's team. I know Texas Tech QB Colt Garrett transferred. I know the signed, supposedly, some serious JUCO talent....and had another 1 or 2 D1 transfers. But that's ALL I know. My "insidew" contact resigned this year, so....I only have info from player/parents.

I would expect WT to win this one BIG, BIUG, BIG based on all I am hearing and reading. Should be a cake walk for WT.

FYI....not sure of the validity, but the word is new Prez is REALLY wanting an Angelo State move to D1......very soon.
                Thanks. I think ASU should be the favorite, they were way more physical last year and WT wants to run the ball. I just enjoy football so I'm excited to watch games, whether it's for a championship or not.

If they go D1, I'd expect WT and Commerce to follow suit.

Comment

Yeah I am not understanding. He sucks. Surely one of the others is better

Comment

For PATs it was Gonzales 2/2, Ellsworth 2/2, Urias 2/2, Welch 1/2 (bad snap), and Lopez 1/1. Last year even a PAT was MEGA IFFY.
                    Last year we were 1 for 8 on field goals but 46 of 49 on PATs. The field goal on Saturday was the same distance as a PAT, which caused me to wonder if they told the kicker it was a FG.

https://static.gobuffsgo.com/customp...9/TEAMCUME.HTM

Comment

Last year we were 1 for 8 on field goals but 46 of 49 on PATs. The field goal on Saturday was the same distance as a PAT, which caused me to wonder if they told the kicker it was a FG.

https://static.gobuffsgo.com/customp...9/TEAMCUME.HTM
                      Thats pathetic for a college level program. Surely you could find a walk on at the campus to try out that kicked in high school. There are two 2A teams down here where the kicker has a leg of at least 40 yards and hits most of their field goals.
                      Last edited by Buffalo/Islander Alum; 09-24-2020, 01:59 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Thats pathetic for a college level program. Surely you could find a walk on at the campus to try out that kicked in high school. There are two 2A teams down here where the kicker has a leg of at least 40 years and hits most of their field goals.
                        Yeah. You'd think, with 5 or 6 place kickers on the roster, one (kicker) would be able to make consistent field goals from 40 and on in. I remember watching videos of the incoming freshman, Hunter Hill, knocking them down from 50 plus. Makes you wonder WTF is going on.

Comment

Yeah. You'd think, with 5 or 6 place kickers on the roster, one (kicker) would be able to make consistent field goals from 40 and on in. I remember watching videos of the incoming freshman, Hunter Hill, knocking them down from 50 plus. Makes you wonder WTF is going on.
                          He looked really good on kickoffs last game, has a strong leg.

Hughes first kicker, Alex Schragg I think, is on SFAs roster.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Whoa there Pops! Put those Beta sandbags somewhere else. Otherwise your poorly attempted sand shot will land in the LOL rough,

I hope it's a toss up. If I was making book it's a home team -3.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

He looked really good on kickoffs last game, has a strong leg.

Hughes first kicker, Alex Schragg I think, is on SFAs roster.
                              I was looking through previous years stats last night, and saw that Schragg did a nice job for us. What happened?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X