Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I predicted Angelo by 4.

Although the margin was 11, it looked much worse for WT. Pretty much a beat down in the trenches. Very disappointing for WT fans. I imagine it was a quiet bus ride home.

At this point I would normally say "Basketball starts soon," or something like that. I can't do that this year. Egads!

(I'm thinking the WT BB men win a NC and the ladies make the Final 4).
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 09-27-2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      Well, I predicted Angelo by 4.

Although the margin was 11, it looked much worse for WT. Pretty much a beat down in the trenches. Very disappointing for WT fans. I imagine it was a quiet bus ride home.

At this point I would normally say "Basketball starts soon," or something like that. I can't do that this year. Egads!

(I'm thinking the WT BB men win a NC and the ladies make the Final 4).
      I thought there was no postseason for D2
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I thought there was no postseason for D2
        I think that was for fall sports. ???

Comment

A good day for the RAMS. Defense performed as expected after the first WT series.

Offense was really surprising. ASU hasn't run the ball like that since Kyle Fox in 2005.

Comment

You old-timer WT fans are too fairweather. Everyone gets their ass whipped from time to time. Enjoy being able to watch another 7 games.

Comment

Kyle Fox ASU , is he related to Wayne Fox the old WT QB from San Angelo ?

Comment

From what I heard, Angelo now has a very large, dominant OL. Much like the OL's of Midwestern several years back.

In the past I always felt Angelo had to pass the ball to win games as they couldn't win in the trenches and establish a good running game with strong backs. They used to run options a great deal to try and establish a running game. Now it seems that the young OL can win in the trenches and Angelo appears to have created a dominant running game.....backs AVG 4 ypc. That's a HUGE accomplishment and great change for the Angelo program. I hope they can build on that dominant run game. I LOVE power football. There is nothing like pounding the ball and seeing defenses just wear down.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                  From what I heard, Angelo now has a very large, dominant OL. Much like the OL's of Midwestern several years back.

In the past I always felt Angelo had to pass the ball to win games as they couldn't win in the trenches and establish a good running game with strong backs. They used to run options a great deal to try and establish a running game. Now it seems that the young OL can win in the trenches and Angelo appears to have created a dominant running game.....backs AVG 4 ypc. That's a HUGE accomplishment and great change for the Angelo program. I hope they can build on that dominant run game. I LOVE power football. There is nothing like pounding the ball and seeing defenses just wear down.
                  Don't think so. Kyle was from San Antonio. Just played here one year and flunked out. He went to a JUCO in San Antonio and became NCAA eligible but ASU would not accept his transfer credits. WT also refused to accept him but good ole ACU found a way. He enrolled at ACU but never played.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Don't think so. Kyle was from San Antonio. Just played here one year and flunked out. He went to a JUCO in San Antonio and became NCAA eligible but ASU would not accept his transfer credits. WT also refused to accept him but good ole ACU found a way. He enrolled at ACU but never played.
                    I thiink you meant this for olebuff.

Comment

Thanks , Angelo Fan .

Comment

I got lazy and decided to watch this game on ESPN3 instead of driving 2.5 hours to see it live. WT is playing hard, but can't run. SFA leads 17-0 late in the first quarter.

Colby Carthel had kind words for Hughes before the game, saying that he's done a great job considering he inherited a dumpster fire.

Comment

Hughes' favorite kicker make it though (barely) for a 35 yard FG. SFA 17-3. 3rd quarter.

WT was in FG range 2 other times.

Comment

SFA converts on a bomb 24-3.

Comment

Much like Jimmy Johnson once said, "It ain't the x's and o's, it's the Jimmies and Joes." Pretty well sums up the SFA/WT game. On to ACU, which got beat up today by Army.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                                Much like Jimmy Johnson once said, "It ain't the x's and o's, it's the Jimmies and Joes." Pretty well sums up the SFA/WT game. On to ACU, which got beat up today by Army.
                                It wasn't Jimmy Johnson. That is a very, very old saying. And I disagree. Player's have to be equiped to win. It is BOTH coaching and player execution. So talent PLUS coaching (X's & O's) = WINNING. As I have ALWAYS said Bad coaches can not win, regardless of talent; Good coaches win with good talent; Great coaches win with average talent.

If your post is accurate, then Angelo has much better "Jimmies and Joes" than WT based o tbedvfirst meeting. And I do not think that is the case. WT was just outcoached vs Angerlo & SFA.

I expect a different outcome with Angerlo @ WT in 3 weeks. WT by 17.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X