Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Oh you definitely missed a few things lol

Colby is at sfa now. Don was the honorary captain for sfa. Mcbroom is ad at wt. Wt and sfa played Saturday.
    I'm still not connecting the dots. So why would the dad of a coach be an honorary captain just because his son is a head coach, and why would the AD of the visiting team be an honorary captain? Who named the honorary captains? Makes no sense, at least yet. I don't guess I have ever paid too much attention to honorary captain protocol in football. In fact i don't know that I've seen it except at the super bowl?

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

I'm still not connecting the dots. So why would the dad of a coach be an honorary captain just because his son is a head coach, and why would the AD of the visiting team be an honorary captain? Who named the honorary captains? Makes no sense, at least yet. I don't guess I have ever paid too much attention to honorary captain protocol in football. In fact i don't know that I've seen it except at the super bowl?
      Probably was more satisfaction for the Carthels than anything else. Don was run out of town on a negative note after he had taken the football program to the top. So, for Don to get to be in a position of notoriety with WT on the stage even as an opponent probably felt good for him, Other than that you are correct it makes absolutely no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Probably was more satisfaction for the Carthels than anything else. Don was run out of town on a negative note after he had taken the football program to the top. So, for Don to get to be in a position of notoriety with WT on the stage even as an opponent probably felt good for him, Other than that you are correct it makes absolutely no sense.
        That was my impression as well.

Comment

I think EVERYONE is missing the point!!!
          Don IS a SFA coach....not just Dad of the HC.

From my understanding, there is STILL a division of Pro Cartel/Anti McBroom supporters (now non-WT financial supporters) and the Pro McBroom supporters. The Carthels who STILL have great ties to the WT community were trying to extend an olive branch and OFFICIALLY end this nonsense for the benefit of WT.

CLEARLY, based on a few comments on here, some people are skeptics and just have to find the "negative" and turn this into some kind of conspiracy. And kerp thee division alive. LMFAO.

McBroom was WELL aware of the arrangements WELL ahead of time, and AGREED to it. Why he didn't show beats me. Could be various reasons. But I doubt it was meant as a slap in the face towards Don.

This was an HONORABLE decision by BOTH Don & McBroom to publically bury the past. Nothing more, nothing less. Too bad it didn't come to fruition. Rather, it started a whole new sh!t show and strengthened the division of WT supporters/non-supporters. HARD to move to D1aa without FULL financial support.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

From my understanding, there is STILL a division of Pro Cartel/Anti McBroom supporters (now non-WT financial supporters) and the Pro McBroom supporters. The Carthels who STILL have great ties to the WT community were trying to extend an olive branch and OFFICIALLY end this nonsense for the benefit of WT.

CLEARLY, based on a few comments on here, some people are skeptics and just have to find the "negative" and turn this into some kind of conspiracy. And kerp thee division alive. LMFAO.

McBroom was WELL aware of the arrangements WELL ahead of time, and AGREED to it. Why he didn't show beats me. Could be various reasons. But I doubt it was meant as a slap in the face towards Don.

This was an HONORABLE decision by BOTH Don & McBroom to publically bury the past. Nothing more, nothing less. Too bad it didn't come to fruition. Rather, it started a whole new sh!t show and strengthened the division of WT supporters/non-supporters. HARD to move to D1aa without FULL financial support.
            it still seems really weird. i smell a rat in this somewhere, and I doubt "honor" is in play here. It would appear that the head coach of SFA and/or his dad ram-rodded this deal, consciously or subconsciously, to bring embarrassment and humiliation to the WT AD. My guess is that all of this was done without the SFA AD's approval. The WT AD probably recognized the trick straight away, and left them at the altar to give them a taste of their own. I'm not "pro" anyone, but that's what it looks and smells like to me. I also doubt that the matter has any bearing on WT's division status. An equally bizarre take.

I am open to any other explanation, but yours doesn't fly.
            Last edited by Herb Street; 10-08-2020, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Nice to see the limited football hasn't changed anything around here.

Comment

Pops, you speak as if you have knowledge of another LSC football team departure. The conference can ill afford another defection right now. Is the bloated LSC even looking for football members?

Comment

My guess is that all of this was done without the SFA AD's approval.
                  The sfa ad is ryan ivey, who was the ad that hired colby at commerce. Pretty sure he knows more of this story than anyone here, definitely doubt he was out of the loop.

Pops is on the right track.

Comment

it still seems really weird. i smell a rat in this somewhere, and I doubt "honor" is in play here. It would appear that the head coach of SFA and/or his dad ram-rodded this deal, consciously or subconsciously, to bring embarrassment and humiliation to the WT AD. My guess is that all of this was done without the SFA AD's approval. The WT AD probably recognized the trick straight away, and left them at the altar to give them a taste of their own. I'm not "pro" anyone, but that's what it looks and smells like to me. I also doubt that the matter has any bearing on WT's division status. An equally bizarre take.

I think there is probably truth to both of your comments. There may be an olive branch offered but its clear that there will and still be animosity on both sides. I was reading comments on social media this weekend from Carthel family members that are still elated with WT getting beatdown several years after the fact. Given how things went down I would not blame them.

Comment

Sorry Herbie, someone forgot to include you and send you the memo.

I speak with knowledge; you with conspiracy THEORY. If you have anything to the contrary, please feel free to prove it.

As Forrest says: "Stupid is as stupid does".

Be safe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I think there is probably truth to both of your comments. There may be an olive branch offered but its clear that there will and still be animosity on both sides. I was reading comments on social media this weekend from Carthel family members that are still elated with WT getting beatdown several years after the fact. Given how things went down I would not blame them.
                        Please provide the links to the Carthels making inflammatory rermarks about WT or even using the words "elated" or "WT getting beatdown". I call BS!!

I'll wait!!!

Comment

Please provide the links to the Carthels making inflammatory rermarks about WT or even using the words "elated" or "WT getting beatdown". I call BS!!

I'll wait!!!
                          My cardiologist, Kade Carthel, probably lol. He was pretty excited on Twitter when the game was announced. His favorite Saturday of the year I believe
                          Last edited by Buff Fan 05; 10-09-2020, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

My cardiologist, Cade Carthel, probably lol. He was pretty excited on Twitter when the game was announced. His favorite Saturday of the year I believe
                            I hear Cade Carthel is pretty good. You say.........?

For 20 years or so, I've seen Moreau at Amarillo Heart Group.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I hear Cade Carthel is pretty good. You say.........?

For 20 years or so, I've seen Moreau at Amarillo Heart Group.
                              Really good guy and doctor IMO. I was a patient of another doctor at their practice that moved to Lubbock. So I was assigned to Carthel and like him a lot better than the original.

Comment

I follow Colby's twitter and there is nothing out of line there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X