Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Not in CO it's not a big difference. This is an all in hire that's expected to get results and not by moving to a weak conference.
    Last edited by Techster88; 10-12-2020, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Are they too good? No. Do they think they are? You tell me. However, pointing to the budget seems like an excuse to me. For example, Pueblo doesn't have the top athletic budget in the RMAC.

Comment

Are they too good? No. Do they think they are? You tell me. However, pointing to the budget seems like an excuse to me. For example, Pueblo doesn't have the top athletic budget in the RMAC.
        Its not an excuse just reality. Its why D2 schools can't compete with FCS consistently, its why FCS cant compete with FBS consistently. Your budget determines scholarships, facilities, recruiting, quality of coaching staff etc. There is an old saying in Texas about football, you cant make chicken salad with chicken sh1!

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Its not an excuse just reality. Its why D2 schools can't compete with FCS consistently, its why FCS cant compete with FBS consistently. Your budget determines scholarships, facilities, recruiting, quality of coaching staff etc. There is an old saying in Texas about football, you cant make chicken salad with chicken sh1!
          Is that why or is it due to the huge discrepancy in scholarships allowed? I'm not even sure what the UNC budget is compared to other schools in their conference but they've found ways to compete in most sports besides football.

Comment

Is that why or is it due to the huge discrepancy in scholarships allowed? I'm not even sure what the UNC budget is compared to other schools in their conference but they've found ways to compete in most sports besides football.
            I guess it depends on what your definition of competing is. Here is a look at what is going on with their athletic budget situation.

https://www.greeleytribune.com/2019/...some-cutbacks/

Comment

I guess it depends on what your definition of competing is. Here is a look at what is going on with their athletic budget situation.

Montana and Montana State are up around $25M in athletic budget. EWU is around that $16M figure, but they do it at the expense of other sports to make hoops of football top of the Sky. Not sure how Eastern does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Montana and Montana State are up around $25M in athletic budget. EWU is around that $16M figure, but they do it at the expense of other sports to make hoops of football top of the Sky. Not sure how Eastern does it.

Comment

https://www.swxrightnow.com/stories/...-to-review-at/

Not good. 30% cuts. Talk of dropping down.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

https://www.swxrightnow.com/stories/...-to-review-at/

Not good. 30% cuts. Talk of dropping down.

Comment

The alliance would have to continue. It would have the GNAC at five teams. That is still only eight games.

There have been hopes of Carroll and SOU moving up, and talks of MSU Billings adding football. But DII in the West is dry....

Comment

Comment

It was mentioned a couple years ago regarding Mesa but I believe they looked at the numbers and realized it wasn't feasible. In the current climate I have a hard time seeing anyone in D2 being able to increase their athletic budgets to the levels required to make the move. If they are able to then good for them but it seems a sketchy time to be making any big financial moves. No one in the RMAC is ready to successfully make that jump though, no question about that. I believe Pueblo's athletic budget is about $8 million if I remember correctly.

https://www.gjsentinel.com/sports/cm...04b9f6eda.html
                            Last edited by Turbonium; 10-14-2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment

My definition of competing is not being one of the worst teams in your conference year in and year out. Their budget is middle of the pack but their football team has won 15 conference games in 6 years. They lost to a scholarship limited (28 at the time) D2 team. They suffered conference losses by scores of 59-17, 50-0, 54-21, and 45-14 just last year. They have the 7th athletic budget but have certainly not been the 7th best team in the conference as far as football goes. However, UNC men's basketball finished 2nd in the conference this past year, 2nd in the conference the year before that, 5th before that. They are under the same athletic budget. It's an excuse to use their budget for the reason their football program has become a joke. Their women's basketball program has certainly not used the budget issues as an excuse either as they are also competitive in their conference, having won it in the 17/18 season.

Comment

Well.......you can, but it will taste like sh!t...707:)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X