X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT vs. ACU game cancelled

https://acusports.com/news/2020/10/9...ctober-17.aspx

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    I'm sorry to hear they have players that have tested positive. I hope they can reschedule the game, I had planned on going.

Comment

I was going to watch the SFA - Angelo State game today, but it has been postponed for a week. No reason was given.

https://sfajacks.com/news/2020/10/5/...ctober-17.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
        I was going to watch the SFA - Angelo State game today, but it has been postponed for a week. No reason was given.

https://sfajacks.com/news/2020/10/5/...ctober-17.aspx
        Yes, Angelo State players tested positive for COVID-19:

https://www.myfoxzone.com/article/sp...b-1bbe257ef3e9

I understand several WTAMU football players are also positive, as are several volleyball players, but the university will not publically confirm the football players citing HIPPA......but acknowledged the Volleyball players. STRANGE.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.myh...-covid-19/amp/

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I'm sorry to hear they have players that have tested positive. I hope they can reschedule the game, I had planned on going.
          103 confirmed cases on campus, just over 200 in quarantine due to exposure. Of these, 19 are rumored to be football players.
          Last edited by catatonic; 10-12-2020, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by catatonic View Post

103 confirmed cases on campus, just over 200 in quarantine due to exposure. Of these, 19 are rumored to be football players.
            707LOL "rumored".

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

707LOL "rumored".

Comment

I find it funny because we know that the 19 is a true number. If they know 103 is accurate they know exactly how many are football players. 707.

Comment

I found it funny because all HAVE to be rumored due to HIPPA. Right? 707.

Comment

I found it funny because all HAVE to be rumored due to HIPPA. Right? 707.

ok, got it. And absolutely right

Comment

It is not a HIPPA violation to release how many football players have Covid

Comment

Originally posted by LSCfan1 View Post
                        It is not a HIPPA violation to release how many football players have Covid
                        INCORRECT!!

A HIPPA violation is a failure to comply with ANY aspect of HIPPA standards and provisions detailed in 45 CFR Parts 160, 162, and 164. ... There are HUNDREDS of ways that HIPPA Rules can be violated, although most unversed people only consider the most common, disclosure of basic personal information.

Comment

INCORRECT!!

A HIPPA violation is a failure to comply with ANY aspect of HIPPA standards and provisions detailed in 45 CFR Parts 160, 162, and 164. ... There are HUNDREDS of ways that HIPPA Rules can be violated, although most unversed people only consider the most common, disclosure of basic personal information.
                          I promise you I am more than versed in my 20+ years in the healthcare industry.

Comment

Sorry "DOCTOR", evidently you missed that class. ;)

PLEASE, share your 20 years of credentials.

Even with SARS-CoV-2, mandates of individual privacy and the risks that can come from the disclosure of personal health information, like stigma, are still critical concerns for public health officials, They aim to collect the minimum amount of information possible to achieve a public health goal. The principle is to collect and use the least amount of data possible, because it reduces harm. The information collected is also used only for public health activities. So, saying 200 students are infected is one thing, giving more specific information, like is being done by news media via "sources" is another and a violation of privacy laws which opens them up to potential legal issues & liability. Correct or incorrect?

Comment

You are right on this one. If that were the case you would have mayors, city managers, and hospital administrators sued on a daily basis giving zoom meetings on how many patients in a specific ward are infected, city employees, etc. to the general public.

Why are there not head coaches being sued for disclosing that certain amount of players are testing for covid on their own teams?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X