Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASU vs SFA

ASU fans are not commenting much this season...if you can call it a season. But I want to hear from you!

SFA has played a much tougher 4 game schedule so far with only one win. If what the WT posters have said lately about WT is true, one would think SFA would have won by a greater margin than they did when they played WT.

They endured a brutal loss to SMU...does anyone know the injury status of SFA? Other details?

Does ASU even has a chance against SFA?

Pops...you likely have some insight and I know you have an opinion. Any comments?

Angelo Fan...you always have insight...let's hear it.

Calling ASU 2010...where are you? You always have good insight and comments as well.

RamJam

What's there to comment on? It's a joke of a season with nothing to play for. Give everyone a trophy for trying the way this generation was raised and be done with it. SFA by 21+ and 12 people will care.

Comment

As stated, I am not following NCAA this Fall. As Turbo said, there is nothing to play for.

Therefore, I do not have much to add I have heard a few player's parents are a bit upset that their kids are playing for no reason and risking injury with absolutely nothing to gain.

I would expect SFA to handle Angelo. Only, and I mean only, way Angelo can even stay in the game is if those trenchmen they had against WT are for real. If so.....maybe Angelo shows well.

GO RAMS

Comment

Yeah, what a crazy time. ESPN3 will have great video/audio...hopefully I won't have to turn it off before half time.

Comment

ASU is looking good. SFA returned the opening kickoff to the 10, then went nowhere in 4 plays. SFA just had a great drive but missed 2 passes and a FG. SFA has 17 yards, Angelo has 94.

It's clear to me Don is NOT calling the plays.

Comment

SFA leads 14-6. They have ONE first down. A long run after the catch and a punt return, both by the same player, accounts for the TDs.

Comment

Seems SFA is getting the points. From stats looks like they capitalized on turnovers and Xavier's big plays are the difference in this game.

Don WILL not take his foot off the throttle like Colby did vs WT.

Comment

I flipped thed game on out of curiosity.

it absolutely looks like Angelo is using this as a scrimmage and working on things. NO urgency at all. 707. On the flip side, SFA coaches acting like their careers are depending on them winniing. HAHAHA.

Angelo defense 7 are fantastic!! Can't waitvto see them next Fall.

Wish Angelo would have played LSC schedule in Spring.

But a decent scrimmage for Angelo. SFA has a LONG, LONG way to go to be competitive in their conference.

Comment

Overall I though the Rams looked solid also. Had we played as well on special teams as we did otherwise this could have been a lot closer.

Comment

Angelo is a great D2 team. SFA is not a very good D1 team. Their QB is worse than anyone who started at WT in the Carthel years. Even when he was able to hit a receiver they often dropped the ball. Both WT's Gerber and Angelo's Bronkhorst are much better.

Xavier Gipson was the difference in the game. He's fast and can catch, including a short punt that bounced into his hands. 2 long TDs (90 and 76 yards) receiving and the punt return for TD (37 yards) was a great night for him.

Angelo was the winner statistically. Check it out. https://sfajacks.com/sidearmstats/football/summary

Congratulations to Don Carthel for the win!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                      Angelo is a great D2 team. SFA is not a very good D1 team. Their QB is worse than anyone who started at WT in the Carthel years. Even when he was able to hit a receiver they often dropped the ball. Both WT's Gerber and Angelo's Bronkhorst are much better.

Xavier Gipson was the difference in the game. He's fast and can catch, including a short punt that bounced into his hands. 2 long TDs (90 and 76 yards) receiving and the punt return for TD (37 yards) was a great night for him.

Angelo was the winner statistically. Check it out. https://sfajacks.com/sidearmstats/football/summary

Congratulations to Don Carthel for the win!

Comment

Dang, off by two on both my score prediction and the number of people who cared.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                          Dang, off by two on both my score prediction and the number of people who cared.
                          See, you do suck!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            I flipped thed game on out of curiosity.

it absolutely looks like Angelo is using this as a scrimmage and working on things. NO urgency at all. 707. On the flip side, SFA coaches acting like their careers are depending on them winniing. HAHAHA.

Angelo defense 7 are fantastic!! Can't waitvto see them next Fall.

Wish Angelo would have played LSC schedule in Spring.

But a decent scrimmage for Angelo. SFA has a LONG, LONG way to go to be competitive in their conference.
                            It would not be this team. Several Srs are graduating in December and most said they would not hang around just to play spring football. That is the main reason ASU decided to play this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

It would not be this team. Several Srs are graduating in December and most said they would not hang around just to play spring football. That is the main reason ASU decided to play this fall.
                              I would think if they are TALENTED players they would return in Fall 21 as graduate students since they have 1 year of eligibility left. Very odd they would give up an extra year. Especially "several".

I would understand if they are back ups....not very talented....or had some career opportunity happeniing in Spring. Otherwise, they evidently are not getting good advice. Just my opinion.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X