Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas- Centered WAC Expansion

Originally posted by catatonic View Post
    These schools, FBS independent New Mexico State and non football schools UTRGV, Grand Canyon State, Utah Valley, Cal Baptist, Seattle and Chicago State would make up the conference for other sports. (Chicago State is rumored to be on the way out).
    It would be interesting if UTRGV & Utah Valley would start up football after Covid passes.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

It would be interesting if UTRGV & Utah Valley would start up football after Covid passes.
      UTRGV has discussed adding football in the past and I think they already have a stadium.

Comment

The only draw for the SLC schools mentioned would be the grand-fathered clause for the WAC to produce an FBS Conference. That has been rumored as the bait on the lure for the four Texas Schools.... add them + Tarleton and NMSU and more dominoes could fall to draw more people in for a new (revived) WAC FBS conference.

Yes I know the thought of Tarleton going FBS is laughable but it is being talked about. The TAMU-System/BOR is on a war path to make the TAMUS the top system in the nation... you do that by increasing the system's footprint---- Moving current schools to D1 to increase exposure.

Comment

Matt Brown, the main person reporting on all this, says that there's no talk of an FBS WAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
            Matt Brown, the main person reporting on all this, says that there's no talk of an FBS WAC.
            And just like him... we all report what we hear.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
              The only draw for the SLC schools mentioned would be the grand-fathered clause for the WAC to produce an FBS Conference. That has been rumored as the bait on the lure for the four Texas Schools.... add them + Tarleton and NMSU and more dominoes could fall to draw more people in for a new (revived) WAC FBS conference.

Yes I know the thought of Tarleton going FBS is laughable but it is being talked about. The TAMU-System/BOR is on a war path to make the TAMUS the top system in the nation... you do that by increasing the system's footprint---- Moving current schools to D1 to increase exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post

And just like him... we all report what we hear.
                Nothing personal, but THATS why media is a joke. Reporters (if you will) no longer vet their resources. Everyone is rushing to be the first to break a story.....and get as many "hits" as possible and "hey, it COULD be true. Maybe. Possibly."

This is why, I, like many individuals, have stopped listening to or reading ANYTHING coming from media outlets. Nowadays....EVERYONE is a reporter and "knows a guy". What is called "news" is hearsay or opinions.

NO THANKS!!

I am now like MISSOURI....SHOW ME.
                Last edited by ASUPops; 10-30-2020, 04:13 PM.

Comment

707LOL REALLY BAD!!!!

Comment

i cant see Sam Houston leaving southland without a good reason and an quick jump to FBS would do it. But SHSU and SFA HBU and Lamar im not sure its thier best interest. But Abiliene and Incarnate word i can see jumping pretty fast.

If they can get two four schools it will happen and WTAMU would have to make a run at it. Who could blame them. other option stay in a LSC that is now run by small private non football schools. I just don't see it.

Comment

Tarleton has already made the move Wisdomgymrat.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I am now like Kansas.....SHOW ME.
                          PSSSST!! Wrong state. 707070707070707070707

Comment

Comment

I hope they play their games on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Then we can have MACtion and WACtion.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X