Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Would Coby Carthel have stuck around longer if he knew that was a possibility in a few years?
    He DOES have a ranch in the area still ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Would Coby Carthel have stuck around longer if he knew that was a possibility in a few years?
      What year will it be? The post you quoted said the Commerce AD offered nothing about a move up.

Why would Colby or anyone else turn down a D1 offer versus wishin' and hopin'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyZG1s7gbn8

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

What year will it be? The post you quoted said the Commerce AD offered nothing about a move up.

Why would Colby or anyone else turn down a D1 offer versus wishin' and hopin'?
          And even if they had committed to transition, why would he want to be part of a transitioning program when he could be part of an established program? Coaches aren't going to wait on programs.

Comment

Most likely the AD thought of it as soon as he took the job there too.

Comment

Ok that makes a world of difference. Yeah I get jumping at the D1 opportunity as soon as you can. My thought process is it would be a lot easier to stick with the program you were successful with during a transition vice an established one that may want to can you if you don't turn it around in a few years. Having the same AD from Commerce takes away a lot of that. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Pete Thamel

@PeteThamel
                Sources: The WAC plans to announce on Jan. 14 at NRG Stadium in Houston the formation of its FCS league, which starts play in football in 2022. The initial 7 WAC members: Abilene Christian, Lamar, Sam Houston, Stephen F. Austin. Southern Utah, Tarleton State and Dixie State. 1/2

Comment

I truly believe in the long run the additional D2 member(s) will include WT. With the already amazing Football Stadium and other athletic facility upgrades, they are primed for the move up.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
                    I truly believe in the long run the additional D2 member(s) will include WT. With the already amazing Football Stadium and other athletic facility upgrades, they are primed for the move up.
                    I agree It's not a matter of IF anymore it's now a matter of WHEN.

WT may wait until forced by the higher-ups or they may be forced to do so If another regional competitor makes the jump. Angelo St making the jump will almost force WT to do it at the same time.

Comment

I'm sure this guy will be picked by Starkist soon!

Comment

Originally posted by catatonic View Post

Not quite a done deal just yet. The board authorized the president to negotiate with the WAC and to make the decision on behalf of the school.
                        https://www.ktre.com/2021/01/06/sour...ing-next-week/

Now its official, but it was pretty official for me once Dave Campbell Texas Football reported it.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

https://www.ktre.com/2021/01/06/sour...ing-next-week/

Now its official, but it was pretty official for me once Dave Campbell Texas Football reported it.
                          LOL. Dave Campbell Texas Football is the Bible of Texas football, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                            Pete Thamel

@PeteThamel
                            Sources: The WAC plans to announce on Jan. 14 at NRG Stadium in Houston the formation of its FCS league, which starts play in football in 2022. The initial 7 WAC members: Abilene Christian, Lamar, Sam Houston, Stephen F. Austin. Southern Utah, Tarleton State and Dixie State. 1/2
                            I look forward to the return of WAC football at any level.

Last edited by crixus; 01-08-2021, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
                              I agree with you.

Last edited by crixus; 01-08-2021, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

I agree with you.

Agreed. Apparently the TAMU powers that be are encouraging their system schools to move to D1, much like the UT system has done with schools under theIr funding and administrative umbrella. And the WAC makes perfect sense for WTAMU based ion geography.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X