Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

That story and getting burned was over the top and made me laugh so hard. Same thing happened to me as a kid in a crowd. You just start feeling something painful and you have no idea what going on until your burnt. And here I thought I was the only lucky one to have ever experienced that!
    I suppose that the guy is dead by now and I never saw him again but to me he was the original Fat Bastard way before Austin Powers movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      A buzz is going around the ranks that the WAC is planning a two Division football Conference....One being a "Texas" division...including these teams:

Abilene Christian
      Angelo State
      Lamar
      Sam Houston
      Stephen F Austin
      Tarleton State
      UTRGV
      West Texas A&M

the other division includes:

Colorado-Mesa
      CSU - Pueblo
      Dixie State
      Grand Canyon State
      Northern Arizona
      Northern Colorado
      Southern Utah
      Weber State

Can anyone collaborate this? (looking for the facts, not opinions)

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        Everything else is going to be long term not short term.
        Yes, I am told this is a long play (5-7 year plan).

The source is very reliable, but it sounded suspect to me. The "Texas" division seems very accurate....but the "other" sounds suspect to me. But WTH do I know.... Other than having some young men I coached playing DII, I have few contacts left in the LSC.....so my information stream is very small. Hence why I asked, to see if anyone had real contacts to factually confirm or deny this information.

Comment

• http://twitter.com/mcfeely_inforum/s...712741376?s=21

Comment

Yes, I am told this is a long play (5-7 year plan).

The source is very reliable, but it sounded suspect to me. The "Texas" division seems very accurate....but the "other" sounds suspect to me. But WTH do I know.... Other than having some young men I coached playing DII, I have few contacts left in the LSC.....so my information stream is very small. Hence why I asked, to see if anyone had real contacts to factually confirm or deny this information.
            The mention of the two D2 RMAC schools has the feel of a person throwing crap against the wall and tried to find two schools in a geographic area that could fit into a scenario he hoped could happen. He found two of the most successful schools and lumped them in without actually considering what it takes to make that type of jump.

Mesa has an enrollment of 7,038 and a budget of $10,377,206.

Pueblo has an enrollment of 3,080 and a budget of $8,321,766.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

The mention of the two D2 RMAC schools has the feel of a person throwing crap against the wall and tried to find two schools in a geographic area that could fit into a scenario he hoped could happen. He found two of the most successful schools and lumped them in without actually considering what it takes to make that type of jump.

Mesa has an enrollment of 7,038 and a budget of $10,377,206.

Pueblo has an enrollment of 3,080 and a budget of $8,321,766.
              Yeah, I don't see either of these schools making the jump any time soon. Mesa would be the more likely candidate and they declined. So, that ship has now sailed and I do not believe the WAC has to be so desperate moving forward. The conference has been on life support for so long it will be a welcome change to actually have some credibility and stability. Not sure who the executive was that the WAC snatched away from the Mountain West a couple of years ago, but a friend of mine told me he was a mover and shaker. He told me that the only way he could ever see the WAC as a viable conference was to add football playing schools that had a history of playing each other in designated geographical part of the US. Guess that was the plan once he was hired on.

So, with that thinking to go on I would say that WT is on the radar for the near future which would give the WAC 8 football schools. Not saying its a foregone conclusion as there still are other viable options already at the FCS level. I personally would like to see the WT Commerce and Angelo rally around the LSC for now and try to find someone to replace Tarleton.

But, I also thought this would be a golden opportunity for Northern Colorado to do a reset and try to become competitive in football at the FCS level. But so far there seems to be little interest from them or the WAC.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/WeberHQ/status/1349045562251698188

Comment

• Originally posted by catatonic View Post

some other possibilities.....

Augustana would like to join the WAC. If that happens at all it will likely be for football only.

if we are talking short term, Augustana as a football only affiliate or UTRGV seem like the most viable candidates other than WTAMU.

I would be extremely surprised to see Augie go football only in the WAC. I say this as proud member of the non-scholarship FCS football camp. Personally I wouldn't be against Augie to the WAC for all other sports, since the Summit is not currently interested, and the Pioneer League for football. That way I can schedule winter golf trips to AZ and TX while also watching Augie basketball. Sign me up

Comment

• Interesting....coming together as I heard.

Comment

Interesting....coming together as I heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

I would be extremely surprised to see Augie go football only in the WAC. I say this as proud member of the non-scholarship FCS football camp. Personally I wouldn't be against Augie to the WAC for all other sports, since the Summit is not currently interested, and the Pioneer League for football. That way I can schedule winter golf trips to AZ and TX while also watching Augie basketball. Sign me up
                        The only need the WAC has is for football. I doubt the WAC is interested for anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by catatonic View Post

The only need the WAC has is for football. I doubt the WAC is interested for anything else.
                          I agree, that's why I was shocked when the Augie-WAC connection was made on Twitter by Matt Brown. Probably means Augie is still considering/hoping to do scholarship FCS football whenever they find a conference.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/CoachCarthel/sta...288427009?s=19
                            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

• Eye roll

Comment

• https://twitter.com/MattBrownEP/stat...40885278384129

Could that be a D2 or UTRGV?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X