Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
    UTrGv, for sure. Matt Brown shared their stated intent to start FCs football 2023 and 2024 at the latest.

Comment

• The WAC made the five additions official- also, Chicago State intendes to leave in June of 2022. Hard to say where they will end up- maybe D2, D3 or NAIA.

https://www.gocsucougars.com/news/20...BiS2OmZbaa4DDM bIC3ucCUi5YbysAGgmTCWwkmszSE

Also, it sounds like Central Arkansas will be joining the ASUN but that is another story altogether.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
        The WAC made the five additions official- also, Chicago State intendes to leave in June of 2022. Hard to say where they will end up- maybe D2, D3 or NAIA.

https://www.gocsucougars.com/news/20...BiS2OmZbaa4DDM bIC3ucCUi5YbysAGgmTCWwkmszSE

Also, it sounds like Central Arkansas will be joining the ASUN but that is another story altogether.
        UTRGV also announced they will be adding football.

Comment

• Originally posted by catatonic View Post

UTRGV also announced they will be adding football.
          I figured that they would, especially after the Mack Brown study. Now UVU needs to start it up. I was listening to the WAC announcement- that is the biggest school in the state. It needs some identity. And how long until Dixie State changes names again?

Comment

• And??

Don't get the point of your post.

Comment

• Letter from Ryan Ivey to SFA fanbase.
              ===
              Membership will be effective July 1, 2021, meaning, we will be in the Southland Conference for the next 6 months.

Our intention was to remain in the Southland Conference until June 30, 2022, but recent decisions by the remaining Southland Board of Directors have caused us to move that timeline up.

We are disappointed in these actions, but also understand and respect the nature of the situation.

The WAC will feature 13 institutions in two divisions: Southwest and West.

Southwest Division will include all the Texas institutions: SFA, Sam Houston, Lamar, ACU, Tarleton and UTRGV
              West Division will include all the other institutions: Grand Canyon, New Mexico State, Cal Baptist, Seattle, Utah Valley, Southern Utah and Dixie State (located in St. George, UT)

Note: At this time, Southern Utah is still planning to join on July 1, 2022, and Chicago State will be exiting on June 30, 2022.

The two-division structure would maximize geographic proximity in the Southwest, while minimizing travel in non-football/basketball sports.

A significant part of that strategy is the formation of an FCS football conference
              within the WAC that would include 6-9 schools.

Current football playing members will be Lamar University, Stephen F. Austin, Sam Houston State, Abilene Christian, Southern Utah, Tarleton State, Dixie State

New Mexico State will continue to play at the FBS level as an independent.

UTRGV has provided a letter of intent to begin an FCS program effective preferably with the 2023 season and no later than the 2024 season.

During the initial year of membership football-playing institutions will commit to an analysis of all implications of a move to FBS.

The Conference will seek a 14th member which will sponsor football and will align geographically with the Texas Division.

All members will be committed to consistent web streaming with applicable broadcast standards to maximize ESPN distribution (or other potential providers) of Conference content.

There will be a combined total of 20 Conference sports 10 men's and 10 women's.

The Conference basketball tournaments will be played in Las Vegas.

The basketball tournament field size will be determined based upon the available arena dates and other factors.

All other championship sites and field sizes will be determined by the new membership structure with the expectation for equal divisional geographic distribution and/or rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
                Letter from Ryan Ivey to SFA fanbase.
                ===
                Membership will be effective July 1, 2021, meaning, we will be in the Southland Conference for the next 6 months.

Our intention was to remain in the Southland Conference until June 30, 2022, but recent decisions by the remaining Southland Board of Directors have caused us to move that timeline up.

We are disappointed in these actions, but also understand and respect the nature of the situation.

The WAC will feature 13 institutions in two divisions: Southwest and West.

Southwest Division will include all the Texas institutions: SFA, Sam Houston, Lamar, ACU, Tarleton and UTRGV
                West Division will include all the other institutions: Grand Canyon, New Mexico State, Cal Baptist, Seattle, Utah Valley, Southern Utah and Dixie State (located in St. George, UT)

Note: At this time, Southern Utah is still planning to join on July 1, 2022, and Chicago State will be exiting on June 30, 2022.

The two-division structure would maximize geographic proximity in the Southwest, while minimizing travel in non-football/basketball sports.

A significant part of that strategy is the formation of an FCS football conference
                within the WAC that would include 6-9 schools.

Current football playing members will be Lamar University, Stephen F. Austin, Sam Houston State, Abilene Christian, Southern Utah, Tarleton State, Dixie State

New Mexico State will continue to play at the FBS level as an independent.

UTRGV has provided a letter of intent to begin an FCS program effective preferably with the 2023 season and no later than the 2024 season.

During the initial year of membership football-playing institutions will commit to an analysis of all implications of a move to FBS.

The Conference will seek a 14th member which will sponsor football and will align geographically with the Texas Division.

All members will be committed to consistent web streaming with applicable broadcast standards to maximize ESPN distribution (or other potential providers) of Conference content.

There will be a combined total of 20 Conference sports 10 men's and 10 women's.

The Conference basketball tournaments will be played in Las Vegas.

The basketball tournament field size will be determined based upon the available arena dates and other factors.

All other championship sites and field sizes will be determined by the new membership structure with the expectation for equal divisional geographic distribution and/or rotation.
                My guess is that WT fits the 14th member description.

Comment

• Yes Central Arkansas leaving Southland for ASUN. More changes that could impact LSC. Texas 4 booted in July of 2021. Lots of scheduling opportunities for LSC/Wac non confrence if adjustments can be made. UTRGV to start football and Grand Canyon supposed to make that announcement soon. WT is somewhere in the mix, maybe in 22. The WAC is just a shelter for wayward children until the storm is over. The Texas Division of the WAC will eventually look alot like the old LSC just trade UTRGV for A@I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

My guess is that WT fits the 14th member description.
                    if the WAC does go FBS that will easily be the weakest FBS football conference in recent memory and for the future and it wont even be close.

Ironic how LSC posters the last 15 years or so have made fun of the RMAC, GNAC, etc. being the weak of D2. This will come full circle in FBS.

That being said congrats to the schools moving over. Torn on if I want WT to go WAC or Southland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

if the WAC does go FBS that will easily be the weakest FBS football conference in recent memory and for the future and it wont even be close.

Ironic how LSC posters the last 15 years or so have made fun of the RMAC, GNAC, etc. being the weak of D2. This will come full circle in FBS.

That being said congrats to the schools moving over. Torn on if I want WT to go WAC or Southland.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

And??

Don't get the point of your post.

Comment

• Originally posted by texas observer View Post
                          Yes Central Arkansas leaving Southland for ASUN. More changes that could impact LSC. Texas 4 booted in July of 2021. Lots of scheduling opportunities for LSC/Wac non confrence if adjustments can be made. UTRGV to start football and Grand Canyon supposed to make that announcement soon. WT is somewhere in the mix, maybe in 22. The WAC is just a shelter for wayward children until the storm is over. The Texas Division of the WAC will eventually look alot like the old LSC just trade UTRGV for A@I.

GCU is NOT adding football. The AD actually said that they are going to invest more to be a mid major power in basketball and baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
                            The WAC made the five additions official- also, Chicago State intendes to leave in June of 2022. Hard to say where they will end up- maybe D2, D3 or NAIA.

Comment

• People think that the Summit is interested but they aren't at all. Any slight chance of that went out the window when they dropped baseball.

Comment

• Oh. Well it was ALL new to me because I don't keep up with ANY WAC or FCS blogs, messageboards, etc. I don't follow or read "sports media", unless I am specifically researching sonething. So, personally, I don't care either way. As I said, I was just sharing what I heard.

Even though I don't follow anything FCS, it was nice seeing little DII Angelo State slapping around BIG D1 FCS ACU. 707LOL707.

Thanks for your opinions and comment.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X