Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Oh. Well it was ALL new to me because I don't keep up with ANY WAC or FCS blogs, messageboards, etc. I don't follow or read "sports media", unless I am specifically researching sonething. So, personally, I don't care either way. As I said, I was just sharing what I heard.

Even though I don't follow anything FCS, it was nice seeing little DII Angelo State slapping around BIG D1 FCS ACU. 707LOL707.

Thanks for your opinions and comment.

Comment

• My question is who are they targeting to move up? Who would want to go?

Angelo, WT, Commerce?

Angelo has the facilities for the move, although the on campus stadium is smaller than SAISD, but they lack a media market worth the attention.
      Commerce has the A&M system backing renovations for the next 10 years and can grab a little of the Dallas media market.
      WT facility improvements have them ready, with a good donor base and the Amarillo market.

Someone mentioned Midwestern State before but I just don't see it.

Comment

• Comment

• I just saw that. A little overly eager but as you point out AM schools are headed that direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by catatonic View Post

I just saw that. A little overly eager but as you point out AM schools are headed that direction.
            It is, and I understand that it's probably a 10-year process, but (as I posted on KatFans) SHSU has some big stadium upgrades to Bowers coming in the 2020's, ACU already has a magnificent football stadium (ready for expansion if need be). SFA has the athletic leadership necessary to make it happen, WT's stadium can be easily upgraded to FBS (if it isn't already there), and Lamar has a superior FCS football stadium. Tarleton (all hail!) is making strides too.

The fact that all of the schools in the new WAC expansion have committed to an FBS impact study in the first year tells me that there are going to be movements that direction sooner rather than later. Heck, if Bowers gets upgraded as the drawings have been rendered and Sam stays FCS, great!

Comment

• To continue an earlier comment I had on this thread heard today that Austin Peay will join the ASUN. And join uca

Comment

• Guess the cat is out of the bag on why the Texas 4 fled the financially broke Southland. McNeese is dropping Golf with Tennis to follow. Central Arkansas is headed to the Atlantic Sun. That leaves HBU, Incarnate Word & TAMUCC with a bunch of broke Louisiana schools. Texas four not only wanted to break away from LA schools but cited UIW and HBU as not committed to upgrading their sports and therefore were done with them also. So, moving their game to a Conference with more financial stability was the REAL game plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                  Guess the cat is out of the bag on why the Texas 4 fled the financially broke Southland. McNeese is dropping Golf with Tennis to follow. Central Arkansas is headed to the Atlantic Sun. That leaves HBU, Incarnate Word & TAMUCC with a bunch of broke Louisiana schools. Texas four not only wanted to break away from LA schools but cited UIW and HBU as not committed to upgrading their sports and therefore were done with them also. So, moving their game to a Conference with more financial stability was the REAL game plan.
                  Tarleton announced that they will be starting women's soccer in 2022-23.

https://tarletonsports.com/news/2021...rs%20competing.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

Tarleton announced that they will be starting women's soccer in 2022-23.

https://tarletonsports.com/news/2021...rs%20competing.

Comment

• So far TAMUCC has been pretty quiet on the overall future of the southland. Makes me a little nervous. Maybe this will make it easier for them to get back to competing for mens basketball and baseball. I am not surprised with the tennis facility since that is their strongest sport. They need a new basketball gym. The one on campus isnt much better than Houston Baptist and having to drive 10 mile away from campus to see them in the ABC isn't ideal for students. Also a bad look when only 200 show up in a 20,000 seat arena.

Comment

• At this point why would any LSC schools be interested in moving up to the current remaining SLC? That sounds like a dead conference walking.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                          At this point why would any LSC schools be interested in moving up to the current remaining SLC? That sounds like a dead conference walking.
                          The lure of being D1 even if they probably shouldn't be making the move.

Comment

At this point why would any LSC schools be interested in moving up to the current remaining SLC? That sounds like a dead conference walking.
                            The conference will be dominated by a bunch of broke LA schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by catatonic View Post

The conference will be dominated by a bunch of broke LA schools.
                              Dominated would be generous, as would broke. ;)

Comment

Kinda laughable now when you think about it that the SLC was too good for Tarleton. They actually did Tarleton a favor as the SLC has now become the new misfits D1 conference. SLC Commissioner has reached out to Prairie View and Texas Southern to see if there is any interest. Desperate times for sure even kicking around the idea of changing the conference name. 6 football schools left with Nicholls hanging on by a thread.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X