X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://thewichitan.com/7025/sports/...to-its-future/

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
      Now McNeese is exploring options to leave the Southland. Says there may be opportunities they are missing. ASUN just needs one more team to have 6 football teams and start an FCS conference. Not sure the value of McNeese is what conferences are looking for. But, they have a solid football program.
      McNeese is Captain of the Good Ship Southland but the ship is taking on water and in danger of sinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        Now McNeese is exploring options to leave the Southland. Says there may be opportunities they are missing. ASUN just needs one more team to have 6 football teams and start an FCS conference. Not sure the value of McNeese is what conferences are looking for. But, they have a solid football program.
        They havent done much the last 20 years but they did make the NCAA baseball tourney in 2019 I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

They havent done much the last 20 years but they did make the NCAA baseball tourney in 2019 I think.
          I will say one thing positive about McNeese is that their football and basketball facilities were above average nice for FCS, but that was before the Hurricanes. Not sure now

Comment

• I've still never met a McNeese graduate, and I used to go to Lafayette frequently on business. I remember saying "Who?" when they used to play in Canyon.

I saw pictures a while back of their football stadium, which sustained heavy damage from a hurricane.

Comment

• That article you posted is from April 2013. It's been nearly 8 years and still no Mustangs baseball.
              Last edited by crixus; 01-30-2021, 03:10 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Southland is focusing their energy on TAMU-Commerce and West Florida. I really don't see either schools having much interest. It does keep their geographical footprint small and it gives them football credibility if they can pull it off.

Comment

• https://www.texasfootball.com/articl...=related_title
                    This maybe old news or just more speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by texas observer View Post
                      https://www.texasfootball.com/articl...=related_title
                      This maybe old news or just more speculation.
                      The three schools that just joined the ASUN will play as associates in the WAC this season so that they will have enough schools for an autobid in football. ASUN is trying to put a FCS league together and they only have 5 schools so far. The other two play in the Big South. This is far 2021 only as the ASUN expects to get another school for the following season and have the minimum six needed.

Comment

• I agree, I don't watch basketball. Luckily we have softball!

Unfortunately Creepy Joe signed an executive order allowing pretty much everyone to play women's sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

That article you posted is from April 2013. It's been nearly 8 years and still no Mustangs baseball.
                          This was posted in response to wisdomgymrat's comment, "I never understood why Midwestern has not fielded a baseball program. Blows my mind." That article is the history of baseball at MSU for the 4 people on here who cares (if that).

Baseball isn't happening at MSU. If they pursued moving up to D1 and another sport was added I don't see it being baseball. And MSU isn't going D1 now. Let's talk in 10 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indian2Stang View Post

This was posted in response to wisdomgymrat's comment, "I never understood why Midwestern has not fielded a baseball program. Blows my mind." That article is the history of baseball at MSU for the 4 people on here who cares (if that).

Baseball isn't happening at MSU. If they pursued moving up to D1 and another sport was added I don't see it being baseball. And MSU isn't going D1 now. Let's talk in 10 years.
                            Not trying to knock anyone down, but begin from the area... If Wichita Falls doesn't experience more growth, the D1 conversation for Midwestern will never happen. Seems the community has been stuck in neutral for 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I agree, I don't watch basketball. Luckily we have softball!

Unfortunately Creepy Joe signed an executive order allowing pretty much everyone to play women's sports.
                              UGH... politics.

I came to this conclusion in my own personal life....WHO CARES??

I mean....don't you still wake up in the morning, breathe, work, take care of yourself and loved ones, eat, crap, and sleep? That won't change regardless. So, in reality....does anything REALLY matter?

Comment

• I saw one about Texas baseball once though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X