Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENMU not playing basketball at all next year....

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENMU not playing basketball at all next year....

https://twitter.com/ENMUAthletics/st...564314112?s=20

That is all....out a fork in it....
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

That sucks...I saw that New Mexico and New Mexico State are playing elsewhere for the season.New Mexico will play in Las Vegas.Then New Mexico State will play there games at Grand Canyon University.

Comment

Originally posted by WT&TTECHfan View Post
      That sucks...I saw that New Mexico and New Mexico State are playing elsewhere for the season.New Mexico will play in Las Vegas.Then New Mexico State will play there games at Grand Canyon University.
      Yep, in a "bubble"

There will likely be 0 high school sports in New Mexico this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Yep, in a "bubble"

That may be universal once the old Joe takes office. We'll all be locked down to "flatten the curve" for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Yep, in a "bubble"

The same probably goes for Western and Highlands. The NM Governor will probably find a way to prevent New Mexico and NM State from playing with a 14 day lock down for the teams when they return to NM after their "Home" games.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

The same probably goes for Western and Highlands. The NM Governor will probably find a way to prevent New Mexico and NM State from playing with a 14 day lock down for the teams when they return to NM after their "Home" games.
            That is why they won't come back, they will literally stay out of state the same way the pro soccer team is doing...

Comment

WNMU has announced they are also moving their basketball teams out of state and will play this season. Seems like if WNMU can find a way to do it ENMU could?

Comment

Originally posted by gohounds View Post
                WNMU has announced they are also moving their basketball teams out of state and will play this season. Seems like if WNMU can find a way to do it ENMU could?
                How do they attend class? You can't do everything online, chemistry labs would be very difficult!

I still marvel at some of our athletes that played sports and took all the science classes to become doctors. Amazing!

Comment

Make an arrangement with Muleshoe isd and get it done

Comment

I honestly have 0 clue? I know that politics is playing a large part in everything happening in this state. Would not suprise me if Western was shortly told no, or that we find out that because ENMU is in the terrible southeast corner of the state they have certain other restrictions placed upon them.

Also cost, Enmu is doing its best right now to stay afloat and have always had a cost conscious administration and regency.

Comment

New Mexico is like another universe from reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                        New Mexico is like another universe from reality.
                        Yeah I have family that lives outside of Farwell and took a video of New Mexico DPS at the Texas/New Mexico border coming up to cars stopped at the stop light on highway 84 going in both directions like it was a checkpoint between East and West Germany during the cold war days. My family loves going to Clovis once a week but has had to go to Muleshoe or even Hereford to get stuff they need. Never thought I would see these days in the US in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yeah I have family that lives outside of Farwell and took a video of New Mexico DPS at the Texas/New Mexico border coming up to cars stopped at the stop light on highway 84 going in both directions like it was a checkpoint between East and West Germany during the cold war days. My family loves going to Clovis once a week but has had to go to Muleshoe or even Hereford to get stuff they need. Never thought I would see these days in the US in my lifetime.
                          That is crazy, I have not heard if that. She currently has all "essential" retailers at 25% capacity or 75 people which ever is smaller this includes grocery stores.

She slowly has a new rule that if a place, any place, has 4 rapid responses in 14 days they have to close for 14 days....To get a rapid response it simply takes an employee, or student in the case of a school, test positive for covid. The health department then shows up and tests everyone, and they have to close for 48 hours to sanitize.

Thus far she has closed near 30 businesses etc in the state, this includes over 11 large grocery stores, Roswell currently has 4 grocery stores out 7 open.

The Walmart in portales has 3 responses thus far, if it gets shut down that will leave us with 3 small dollar stores, some Allsups, and 1 large grocery in town.....

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

How old are you? It wasn't long ago that segregation was a thing in this country so many have seen far worse in the US in their lifetime. I figured Texans would approve of a state using their rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

How old are you? It wasn't long ago that segregation was a thing in this country so many have seen far worse in the US in their lifetime. I figured Texans would approve of a state using their rights.
                              No state has the right to restrict the free movement of citizens of the US.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X