Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENMU not playing basketball at all next year....

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

No state has the right to restrict the free movement of citizens of the US.
    Ah yes, normally not, but these things can legally change during a pandemic. No dog in the fight here just found it humorous that one would think they would never see something like this in the US when far worse takes place all of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Ah yes, normally not, but these things can legally change during a pandemic. No dog in the fight here just found it humorous that one would think they would never see something like this in the US when far worse takes place all of the time.
      Please elaborate? Im not saying we don't or didn't have out problems but we are along way from being as bad as East Germany.

And there is a pretty high threshold upon which the rights of citizens can be suspended, and I don't think we have ever, or even have an apparatus in place where a Governor of a state can restrict the free movement of US citizens across, into or through a state from another state.

I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

The same probably goes for Western and Highlands. The NM Governor will probably find a way to prevent New Mexico and NM State from playing with a 14 day lock down for the teams when they return to NM after their "Home" games.
        UNM basketball women are staying in Amarillo and practicing at WT. If my source is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

UNM basketball women are staying in Amarillo and practicing at WT. If my source is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

How old are you? It wasn't long ago that segregation was a thing in this country so many have seen far worse in the US in their lifetime. I figured Texans would approve of a state using their rights.
            You missed the point of my post. This wasn't a race thing at all. I was inferring about New Mexico at that time having people quarantine there for 14 days from a high risk state. My family saw it going on and turned back around at the railroad tracks. Friend of family was questioned coming back in and asked if they had quarantined. They were concerned that they were going to have to take a back country road into Texas to get back in. So the point of my post was that I didn't think there would be a checkpoint type of setup like you used to see in the old cold war movies or even like a checkpoint you run into during the holidays for a drunk driving check.

Comment

That is crazy, I have not heard if that. She currently has all "essential" retailers at 25% capacity or 75 people which ever is smaller this includes grocery stores.

She slowly has a new rule that if a place, any place, has 4 rapid responses in 14 days they have to close for 14 days....To get a rapid response it simply takes an employee, or student in the case of a school, test positive for covid. The health department then shows up and tests everyone, and they have to close for 48 hours to sanitize.

Thus far she has closed near 30 businesses etc in the state, this includes over 11 large grocery stores, Roswell currently has 4 grocery stores out 7 open.

The Walmart in portales has 3 responses thus far, if it gets shut down that will leave us with 3 small dollar stores, some Allsups, and 1 large grocery in town.....
              I heard of it sporadically. Texas did the same thing to people driving in from Louisiana in the spring when Louisiana was the hot spot for a few weeks. As Turbonium said some basic rights are thrown out the window in an emergency.

I haven't visited back home (Texas Panhandle) since Christmas last year. Its the longest I have gone without seeing my Mother. My Dad visited in September or else it would have been the same for him. I definitely miss Allsups up there.

I have had several friends that own bars in Amarillo and Corpus Christi that have had to shut down their bars and convert them to restaurants. One friend waved the white flag and closed up his business, moved back in with his parents, and is now completing training to become a truck driver. All this at 41 years old.

These times suck and counting down the seconds until we are able to get a vaccine.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                New Mexico is like another universe from reality.
                Kinda like your brain? Just sayin!

Comment

No state has the right to restrict the free movement of citizens of the US.
                  Emergency Powers

FYI.....Both the President and the lead cabinet level agency, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the governors have powers in a public health emergency that conflict with and limit the right to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                    Emergency Powers

FYI.....Both the President and the lead cabinet level agency, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the governors have powers in a public health emergency that conflict with and limit the right to travel.
                    There is nuance to everything, the only time travel has been restricted in modern times was into a disaster area like a hurricane or something.

Stopping people who live on the boarder from using the same grocer services they have been using is wrong.
                    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

There is nuance to everything, the only time travel has been restricted in modern times was into a disaster area like a hurricane or something.

Stopping people who live on the boarder from using the same grocer services they have been using is wrong.
                      Wrong? Maybe. Unconstitutional? No.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Wrong? Maybe. Unconstitutional? No.
                        Using facts and reality in this forum is wrong. In an emotionally tinged time, you are cruel to speak reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Using facts and reality in this forum is wrong. In an emotionally tinged time, you are cruel to speak reality.
                          Right?

707070707 HAHAHA

Comment

I must have been tired when I read this post. For a second I thought someone had invented time travel. LOL.

Comment

Western New Mexico is on Wt's schedule.
                              Tell me again why ENMU is not playing??
                              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Please elaborate? Im not saying we don't or didn't have out problems but we are along way from being as bad as East Germany.

And there is a pretty high threshold upon which the rights of citizens can be suspended, and I don't think we have ever, or even have an apparatus in place where a Governor of a state can restrict the free movement of US citizens across, into or through a state from another state.
                                How many pandemics have you been around for? As stated, there is a legal apparatus that allows for travel to be restricted. Yes it is difficult but each state must do what it thinks best during these rather strange times. If the biggest problem someone has to complain about is having to go to a different grocery store then things sound pretty okay to me and I think they'll survive.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X