Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENMU not playing basketball at all next year....

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Ah yes, normally not, but these things can legally change during a pandemic. No dog in the fight here just found it humorous that one would think they would never see something like this in the US when far worse takes place all of the time.

Comment

Far worse than not being able to go to a store of your choice? Uh yeah, far worse goes on all of the time. I only asked about segregation because society has moved so quickly it can seem like ages ago but the reality is it was embarrassingly recent in our history.

As far as Chicago goes, yeah, gun violence across the country is a big issues I do agree with you. We can get into specifics of instances of bad, like thousands of US citizens lining up for food in Texas while politicians on both sides of the aisle refuse to help those who voted them in. We now have a president who refuses to at all do his job as he acts like a child who didn't get his way because he lost by a landslide in the election. This is unacceptable no matter what party is acting that way.

Marshall Law is not at all in effect in New Mexico or any other state, they are simply taking precautions to try and get ahead of the virus. Colorado mountain towns got hit hard and fast early on in this mess due to tourism, lessons need to be learned. Hospitals here are nearing critical capacity yet again and the thing that people don't understand is that once a person is admitted for covid it's not like they are there for a day or two, so the problem of a shortage of beds is compounding as we see cases rising so quickly. Things indeed are looking rather grim regarding our ability to at all control this.

No matter our agreements or disagreements, I hope everyone here has a safe and happy holiday season over the next few weeks.

Comment

Far worse than not being able to go to a store of your choice? Uh yeah, far worse goes on all of the time. I only asked about segregation because society has moved so quickly it can seem like ages ago but the reality is it was embarrassingly recent in our history.

As far as Chicago goes, yeah, gun violence across the country is a big issues I do agree with you. We can get into specifics of instances of bad, like thousands of US citizens lining up for food in Texas while politicians on both sides of the aisle refuse to help those who voted them in. We now have a president who refuses to at all do his job as he acts like a child who didn't get his way because he lost by a landslide in the election. This is unacceptable no matter what party is acting that way.

Marshall Law is not at all in effect in New Mexico or any other state, they are simply taking precautions to try and get ahead of the virus. Colorado mountain towns got hit hard and fast early on in this mess due to tourism, lessons need to be learned. Hospitals here are nearing critical capacity yet again and the thing that people don't understand is that once a person is admitted for covid it's not like they are there for a day or two, so the problem of a shortage of beds is compounding as we see cases rising so quickly. Things indeed are looking rather grim regarding our ability to at all control this.

No matter our agreements or disagreements, I hope everyone here has a safe and happy holiday season over the next few weeks.
        Good post.

Far worse is also in Dallas!! 222 homicides as of Sunday....more than all of 2019 and the most im over a decade. Houston is alreadyvat 345!!! On pace for over 400!! I mean its not the 700 in Chicago.....but its getting BAD. I believe COVID is to blame for the increase in violent crimes around the country.

THINGS ARE NOT GOOD right now in the US. In January, a lot of good was taking place.....since March everything has gone CRAZY. If we do not UNITE as Americans, it's gonna be a long, nasty 4-6 years ahead.

Comment

Comment

I'll be cooking up some filet mignon, turkey isn't my thing but much appreciated!

P.S. I used the term landslide election to mock Trump who said he won in a landslide the last time around with the same electoral college numbers he just lost by, the only difference is that he lost the popular vote while Biden handily won that this year. All of the votes being counted the same night as the election isn't a thing, this idea is nothing more than fake news from Trump. Typically there are enough votes counted by now that the losing party concedes, Trump instead threw a tantrum. Surely no one expected anything differently...right?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-election-day/
            https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...esults-timing/

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
              Western New Mexico is on Wt's schedule.
              Tell me again why ENMU is not playing??
              That's interesting, because neither ENMU nor WNMU are on the LSC schedule as released. They may play some games as non-conference, but not an LSC schedule.
              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

That's interesting, because neither ENMU nor WNMU are on the LSC schedule as released. They may play some games as non-conference, but not an LSC schedule.
                You are correct, they are not LSC games

The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

How many pandemics have you been around for? As stated, there is a legal apparatus that allows for travel to be restricted. Yes it is difficult but each state must do what it thinks best during these rather strange times. If the biggest problem someone has to complain about is having to go to a different grocery store then things sound pretty okay to me and I think they'll survive.
                  Study history, often times the very things that dictators and tyrants build their reasoning upon for doing what they do is public safety. We wrote a constitution that severely restricts government fir a reason.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions..
                  I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Study history, often times the very things that dictators and tyrants build their reasoning upon for doing what they do is public safety. We wrote a constitution that severely restricts government fir a reason.

Lol. You're just too much sometimes, good stuff.

Comment

Lol. You're just too much sometimes, good stuff.
                      Laugh it off all you want its the truth.

Veneszuela.....

Comment

Boo, the argument you made was that the NM Governor did not have the right to do what they are doing. That is somehow takes away your constitutional rights. That is incorrect. Based on Public Health Emergencies, the NM statutes grants special Executive Order rights to your Governor. This information is readily available for your reading.

I suggest ALL citizens read the US Constitution front to back; Read their State's Constitution and ALL Statutes. They will then be well educated on their rights and better versed when these topics come up.

Have a SAFE & HAPPY Thanksgiving! Be THANKFUL you are alive and healthy to enjoy another Thanksgiving.

Comment

Comment

Yeah its funny how certain parts of Texas are reacting to the virus. In Austin and surrounding suburbs (Lockhart) you would get asked and reminded about masks and if it was essential where you are going at the start of it. In Montgomery county no one gives a crap about either enforcing or wearing masks for the most part now. Also there was plenty of ammo to buy around Austin. Here not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Boo, the argument you made was that the NM Governor did not have the right to do what they are doing. That is somehow takes away your constitutional rights. That is incorrect. Based on Public Health Emergencies, the NM statutes grants special Executive Order rights to your Governor. This information is readily available for your reading.

I suggest ALL citizens read the US Constitution front to back; Read their State's Constitution and ALL Statutes. They will then be well educated on their rights and better versed when these topics come up.

Have a SAFE & HAPPY Thanksgiving! Be THANKFUL you are alive and healthy to enjoy another Thanksgiving.
                              I dont think this is what they had in mind with the law in question.

That is the problem today, poorly written laws that ambitious executives use to go WAY beyond what they should do..

Comment

I dont think this is what they had in mind with the law in question.

That is the problem today, poorly written laws that ambitious executives use to go WAY beyond what they should do..
                                HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I am thankful for all my freedom!! Especially freedom of speech.

And the freedom to choose white or dark turkey. ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X