Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENMU not playing basketball at all next year....

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know the backroad to Muleshoe from Portales? What 30 - 45 minutes and your there, depending on how fast ya drive. I used to live in Portales across from the High School, back when I was stationed at Cannon AFB. Always went to the commissary on base.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
      You know the backroad to Muleshoe from Portales? What 30 - 45 minutes and your there, depending on how fast ya drive. I used to live in Portales across from the High School, back when I was stationed at Cannon AFB. Always went to the commissary on base.
      I live in Elida....but yea I know my way to Texas! Haha

That is what slot of people are doing.

Its alot harder for folks in the central part of the state.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Well in some towns there isn't alot of choice. We have one other grocery store.

Walmart here also has one of the 2 pharmacies and one if the 2 large grocery stores.

So between the 2 150 people at a time for a county of 17k. About 8k housholds.

At an average 1 hour visit in the store it takes 3.5 days to get all the house holds serviced in 16 hour days..
        Do people need to go to Walmart more than every 4 days? Or even more than once a week? Can people not place orders online for pick-up? Seems like we're getting rather petty if this is what we're complaining about as we climb towards suffering 9/11 level casualties every day.

My girlfriend this week has been tasked with trying to find transport for bodies as the hospital morgues are reaching capacity here. This in a place that isn't doing nearly as poorly as many locations around the country. Just some perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Do people need to go to Walmart more than every 4 days? Or even more than once a week? Can people not place orders online for pick-up? Seems like we're getting rather petty if this is what we're complaining about as we climb towards suffering 9/11 level casualties every day.

My girlfriend this week has been tasked with trying to find transport for bodies as the hospital morgues are reaching capacity here. This in a place that isn't doing nearly as poorly as many locations around the country. Just some perspective.
          People with children often do have to go more than once every 4 days.

Its not petty, . Add to that the county and area I live in has had very few deaths from the disease 16 total, it makes no sense to restrict essential businesses like this, it serves no purpose.

Online pick up at one time was over a 10 day wait. The other grocer in the area does not do pick up.

Last edited by Boohaha; 12-09-2020, 11:24 AM.

Comment

People with children often do have to go more than once every 4 days.

Its not petty.

Online pick up at one time was over a 10 day wait. The other grocer in the area does not do pick up.
            The wait time at the moment is 1 day. Petty.

Comment

The wait time at the moment is 1 day. Petty.
              You do realize that there are people that do not have credit or debit cards, or have other issues that prevent them from being able to shop online, or order pick up correct?

Also I just checked our Walmart has 0 pick up slots, none.

Comment

You do realize that there are people that do not have credit or debit cards, or have other issues that prevent them from being able to shop online, or order pick up correct?

Also I just checked our Walmart has 0 pick up slots, none.
                The Walmart in Portales has zero pickup slots today, hence the 1 day wait time I mentioned. It had every pick-up time possible available tomorrow and Friday as of this morning...I stopped looking after that as it seemed obvious. Clovis has pick-up times starting on Saturday. They are also open an hour early for anyone at risk to be able to go.

Okay then those few people without a credit or debit card can go to Walmart every 4 days...likely more than that actually as many people won't need to go that often or will do pick-up at the store. I fail to see this being a big issue compared to the larger real issues that we are facing...so again, petty. What are the real problems you're facing? I'm sure there are some, this one just seems silly though.

Comment

The Walmart in Portales has zero pickup slots today, hence the 1 day wait time I mentioned. It had every pick-up time possible available tomorrow and Friday as of this morning...I stopped looking after that as it seemed obvious. Clovis has pick-up times starting on Saturday. They are also open an hour early for anyone at risk to be able to go.

Okay then those few people without a credit or debit card can go to Walmart every 4 days...likely more than that actually as many people won't need to go that often or will do pick-up at the store. I fail to see this being a big issue compared to the larger real issues that we are facing...so again, petty. What are the real problems you're facing? I'm sure there are some, this one just seems silly though.
                  How about friends and neighbors being jobless?

Suicides among young people at an all time high?

Kids failing school at rates 2-3 times higher than before and that is on the low end..

Elder people living in long term care facilities dying from failure to thrive and at the same time having Covid positive patients being kept there

Those are big deals too. As is having your access to food and essential services restricted. It doesn't matter that they have a 1 hour time slot for people that a vulnerable to shop when the store is limited to 75 people. Folks are still stuck waiting in long lines.

It doesn't matter if you think it's a big deal or not, the people having to deal with it are the ones whose opinions matter.

Your solution might as well be "let them eat cake."

PS when I look up pick up times all I get is a message saying they don't have any nor are they accepting reservations.

Last edited by Boohaha; 12-09-2020, 03:47 PM.

Comment

How about friends and neighbors being jobless?

Suicides among young people at an all time high?

Kids failing school at rates 2-3 times higher than before and that is on the low end..

Elder people living in long term care facilities dying from failure to thrive and at the same time having Covid positive patients being kept there

It doesn't matter if you think it's a big deal or not, the people having to deal with it are the ones whose opinions matter.

Your solution might as well be "let them eat cake."
                    We have restrictions here as well so thank you, I'm glad my opinion matters too. I do like cake though and think that's a great solution.

Yep, all the rest of the things are tough. Tougher than *possibly* not being able to go to Walmart more than every 4 days. I don't think there's a solution that really works for everything but you've completely ignored, as usual, other statements of mine such as quickly heading towards a 9/11 level of casualties every single day due to what many still think is some world wide hoax against their god Trump. Now we have Texas wasting even more money as citizens stand in food lines so the troubled AG Paxton files embarrassing lawsuits so that he can gain favor from Trump in hopes of receiving a pardon lol. Really can't wait until this circus is over and we can focus on facts, science, and moving forward as a country. It's going to be a tough couple of months and I hope everyone here stays safe so we can continue having these conversations. Take care my friend.

Comment

We have restrictions here as well so thank you, I'm glad my opinion matters too. I do like cake though and think that's a great solution.

Yep, all the rest of the things are tough. Tougher than *possibly* not being able to go to Walmart more than every 4 days. I don't think there's a solution that really works for everything but you've completely ignored, as usual, other statements of mine such as quickly heading towards a 9/11 level of casualties every single day due to what many still think is some world wide hoax against their god Trump. Now we have Texas wasting even more money as citizens stand in food lines so the troubled AG Paxton files embarrassing lawsuits so that he can gain favor from Trump in hopes of receiving a pardon lol. Really can't wait until this circus is over and we can focus on facts, science, and moving forward as a country. It's going to be a tough couple of months and I hope everyone here stays safe so we can continue having these conversations. Take care my friend.

My point when you started in about walmart was that the Governor was and is being ham handed in her handling of this whole ordeal.

From the start NM has had far harsher restrictions than any of our neighbors and now they are are worse and our deaths still climbed once it got cold just like other states.

The government is a hammer and everything is a nail to them.

16 deaths in Roosevelt county, out of a population of 20k does not call for the kinds of restrictions MLG has implemented.

Its a virus, its going to virus not letting more than 75 people in a store with 100k floor space is just making people stand in line and isn't helping stop the spread.

Comment

Comment

I doubt that old Joe will hang on more than a year, if that. Once he's in the Alzheimer's ward where he belongs, no one will care what Hunter does.

Comment

I didn't vote for Obama and I hate coffee. Yeah I know, I'm sure you'll now send me another scripture from a man made religion that you think is more accurate than every other man made religion. Peace out indeed.

Comment

I didn't vote for Obama and I hate coffee. Yeah I know, I'm sure you'll now send me another scripture from a man made religion that you think is more accurate than every other man made religion. Peace out indeed.
                              I just made reference to politics as a whole. You can wear whatever color you want.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I doubt that old Joe will hang on more than a year, if that. Once he's in the Alzheimer's ward where he belongs, no one will care what Hunter does.
                                I'm just glad that Trump spoke out for our great troops who took over the airports from the British in the 1700s, they really didn't get enough respect prior to that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X