Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - ACU goes dancing

6th year as D1 and only 2nd year eligible, the SingSongs won the whole damn thing and will go to the NCAA tournament.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Tarleton State Texan
    Texas State Bobcat

Re: OT - Fauck ACU goes dancing

Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post
    6th year as D1 and only 2nd year eligible, the SingSongs won the whole damn thing and will go to the NCAA tournament.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

The Corpus Christi branch of Texas A&M plays ACU this afternoon in women's final.

Go Islanders!

But you have to give our former LSC members a little bit of credit. It's been a good athletic year for UIW and ACU as far as jumping the hurdle early. UIW baseball isn't doing too shabby this season with a signature win over at Collie Station. They might have a shot at winning the SLC and getting the auto invite to the NCAA's.

Comment

I noticed it was a battle of two former D2 teams (New Orleans was in the GSC for one season when they considered going D2 in 2011).

Very cool for them! Congrats Wildcats!
        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
          I noticed it was a battle of two former D2 teams (New Orleans was in the GSC for one season when they considered going D2 in 2011).

Very cool for them! Congrats Wildcats!
          Correct me if I am wrong, but this isn't UNO's first rodeo in D1? I think they were D1 back in 90's and before then in a conference with La Tech, LA Monroe, UTPA( now UT RGV) and a few other teams from the South?

And as of this posting, it looks like the Lady ACU Wildcats will be making the dance in the girls bracket. They are trashing A&M CC.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
            Correct me if I am wrong, but this isn't UNO's first rodeo in D1? I think they were D1 back in 90's and before then in a conference with La Tech, LA Monroe, UTPA( now UT RGV) and a few other teams from the South?

And as of this posting, it looks like the Lady ACU Wildcats will be making the dance in the girls bracket. They are trashing A&M CC.
            This will be UNO's 6th appearance. This article says they have been there five times before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_D...and_Conference
            Last edited by laker; 03-17-2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

The ACU-TAMCC game is tied with two minutes to go 64 all. Islanders on an 11-0 run. They have never gone dancing either.

Comment

69-68 ACU women advance for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                  The ACU-TAMCC game is tied with two minutes to go 64 all. Islanders on an 11-0 run. They have never gone dancing either.
                  Wow. What a comeback. The Islander lost 69-68, but were getting trashed by 20 at the half.

The A&M CC men have been to the dance . They nearly knocked off Wisconsin in the first round a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                    Wow. What a comeback. The Islander lost 69-68, but were getting trashed by 20 at the half.

The A&M CC men have been to the dance . They nearly knocked off Wisconsin in the first round a few years back.
                    Yes, I remember the men going. I always hope that some teams who have never gone make it. Northwestern men made it a couple of years ago. They were one of the Original Five teams that was a member from Day One but never got there- Army, Citadel, Saint Francis of Brooklyn and William & Mary still haven't gone either.

Comment

The Southland women's was crazy. The 1, 2, and 3 seeds lose. 4 and 5 play for the championship.

SFA head coach, Mark Kellog, told me today that the tournament for an ncaa one team only Southland conference is brutal. SFA finished 25-6 but no joy.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                        The Southland women's was crazy. The 1, 2, and 3 seeds lose. 4 and 5 play for the championship.

SFA head coach, Mark Kellog, told me today that the tournament for an ncaa one team only Southland conference is brutal. SFA finished 25-6 but no joy.
                        That is brutul, Kellog went 25 and 6 and no tournament invite. Doesnt seem fair at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Comment

Unfortunately ACU men will be playing without two of their best players. Apparently 3-way sexual assaults are frowned upon in Abilene.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              Unfortunately ACU men will be playing without two of their best players. Apparently 3-way sexual assaults are frowned upon in Abilene.
                              Where did you find this info? Or are you throwing out accusations?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X