Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commerce FB players shot

I heard about this yesterday (Sunday) at about 5am, but waited to put it out here until more info came through.

Two Jr year Commerce linebackers, Jay Bias (Prosper,TX) and Xavier Morris (Converse,TX) were robbed and shot while on spring break in Miami, Fl. Details have been hard to come by, but Coach Bailiff and our AD both flew out there Sunday morning. The latest update is that they are both in the hospital and are "medically stable." From the impression I get, they both have a VERY long road to recovery ahead.

There is a go-fund-me, for anyone inclined to help: https://www.gofundme.com/jay-bias-an...KbZP59ca_aqYUs

Re: Commerce FB players shot

This is terrible. I hope that they have a complete recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      I heard about this yesterday (Sunday) at about 5am, but waited to put it out here until more info came through.

Two Jr year Commerce linebackers, Jay Bias (Prosper,TX) and Xavier Morris (Converse,TX) were robbed and shot while on spring break in Miami, Fl. Details have been hard to come by, but Coach Bailiff and our AD both flew out there Sunday morning. The latest update is that they are both in the hospital and are "medically stable." From the impression I get, they both have a VERY long road to recovery ahead.

There is a go-fund-me, for anyone inclined to help: https://www.gofundme.com/jay-bias-an...KbZP59ca_aqYUs
      I saw Colby's tweer about this the other day. Hope their recovery is swift.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Hopefully they have a swift and full recovery.

Comment

Update from tonight

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/T...507598751.html

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Comment

Any update on the slug who did it? I haven't looked for the original article

Comment

It takes some pretty serious love for your teammate to want him loaded into the ambulance before you while you've got a bullet wound to your face. So glad they both seem like they are going to be ok going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                  It takes some pretty serious love for your teammate to want him loaded into the ambulance before you while you've got a bullet wound to your face. So glad they both seem like they are going to be ok going forward.
                  Unless you have been there, you can't understand that level of brotherhood.

He knew Bias was in a life or death situation. Takes a strong man to keep his head under those conditions and make such a call....looking out for your brother over yourself. Very admirable.

As far as the GoFundMe. I ask the D2Football.com family to step up, come together and help. The costs are much more than just medical. Just for their parents to be there is a tremendous cost (Travel, lodging, food, transportation AND lost wages). Please do whatever you can. You can even do an "anonymous" donation.....or donate on behalf of your program.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                    Unless you have been there, you can't understand that level of brotherhood.

He knew Bias was in a life or death situation. Takes a strong man to keep his head under those conditions and make such a call....looking out for your brother over yourself. Very admirable.

As far as the GoFundMe. I ask the D2Football.com family to step up, come together and help. The costs are much more than just medical. Just for their parents to be there is a tremendous cost (Travel, lodging, food, transportation AND lost wages). Please do whatever you can. You can even do an "anonymous" donation.....or donate on behalf of your program.
                    As soon as I can I will certainly donate.

Comment

This is unbelievable. Guess spring breakers are a target in Miami.

https://www.kronon.tv/videos/spring-...obbery-3490740

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

A couple of years ago I was over the state of Florida for an insurance company. After the things I saw and dealt with on a daily basis in Miami and the surrounding area, you couldn't pay me enough to ever step foot there. That place is a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Same is going on just to the south of us at Padre Island. Google South Padre Island assaults and it's just not the typical frat boy drunk assaults or something like that.

Comment

Commerce FB players shot

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                            A couple of years ago I was over the state of Florida for an insurance company. After the things I saw and dealt with on a daily basis in Miami and the surrounding area, you couldn't pay me enough to ever step foot there. That place is a nightmare.
                            I've been to Florida a few times within the last year and half. Miami and South Florida is a totally different world compared to the northern part of the state. People in Miami/ Ft Lauderdale are all about image, kind of like residents of NYC. Money and looking good is the thing and they spend a ton of money on that sort of thing. And truth be told it doesn't help some at all (LOL). They are always going 100 MPH and they would rather reinvent the wheel 10 times instead of slowing down and trying to get it right the first time and tweaking a second. In a way it was a blessing me (along with few others )and my former employer who bought our operations down here that we parted ways because many of us are incompatible with that mind set. I don't know how many "see I told you so" moments I had to hold back when they tried to implement stuff here and I told them either to slow it down or it wouldn't work, but they thought they knew best. Maybe when the cocaine scene was big time in that part of the country back in the 70's and 80's has something to do with it and it got into people's DNA or something?

To contrast, the company I'm working with right now to open my own franchise system is based out of Jacksonville. It's like night and day working with them. The culture at the HQ is totally the opposite of what experienced with my former employer. IE the people working there on the floor (rank and file) actually look like they enjoy their jobs. And the culture in Jacksonville itself is much more chilled.
                            Last edited by LSC Fan; 03-27-2019, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X