X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wt to WAC, Tamuc to SLC?

Is this legit?

https://twitter.com/KatFansDotCom/st...846747649?s=19

I will believe it when I see it...Until then all speculation...
    Then again gym rat has been pretty right on everything he has said these past few months...

Comment

Comment

According to that it's a&m system pushing it. Might not matter if we are ready or not if they want us to.
        Last edited by LionFan; 12-30-2020, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Comment

Movin' on Up rumors again? Yeah, that would be great, wouldn't it? We'll be back to 2-9 playing marginal teams in D1. Wow. It will be just like the Mayfield years.

Will attendance grow because we are once again playing ACU, Tarleton, Lamar, and SFA? I don't' think so. Ticket prices will go up though.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
              Movin' on Up rumors again? Yeah, that would be great, wouldn't it? We'll be back to 2-9 playing marginal teams in D1. Wow. It will be just like the Mayfield years.

Will attendance grow because we are once again playing ACU, Tarleton, Lamar, and SFA? I don't' think so. Ticket prices will go up though.

Comment

Since this is a D2 football forum, it's not unrealistic to approach this subject from that point of view. WT was a dominant football team in the Carthel years, but not since. Sure we had an 8-3 record last year but still lost to Tarleton, Angelo, and Commerce. A 4th place finish in the LSC is not exactly dominant, however, we should be able to continue to beat OPSU and NA handily. Perhaps some year we will even be able to reliably make a 40 yard field goal.

Dr. Wendler's vision for the future is distance learning. I don't think it matters who we play in football for that. However if and only if it comes down to getting a lot more money for being D1, go for it. Just don't expect to be playing Tech - or winning for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Since this is a D2 football forum, it's not unrealistic to approach this subject from that point of view. WT was a dominant football team in the Carthel years, but not since. Sure we had an 8-3 record last year but still lost to Tarleton, Angelo, and Commerce. A 4th place finish in the LSC is not exactly dominant, however, we should be able to continue to beat OPSU and NA handily. Perhaps some year we will even be able to reliably make a 40 yard field goal.

Dr. Wendler's vision for the future is distance learning. I don't think it matters who we play in football for that. However if and only if it comes down to getting a lot more money for being D1, go for it. Just don't expect to be playing Tech - or winning for a long time.

Comment

The Texas constitution stipulates that The University of Texas system gets two-thirds of the benefits of the PUF and the Texas A&M system gets one-third. Any changes require a 2/3rd House vote.

So, pardon my ignorance.....exactly how does TAMUC & WT making an athletic division move change the the Texas constitition?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

The Texas constitution stipulates that The University of Texas system gets two-thirds of the benefits of the PUF and the Texas A&M system gets one-third. Any changes require a 2/3rd House vote.

So, pardon my ignorance.....exactly how does TAMUC & WT making an athletic division move change the the Texas constitition?
                      Correct!

Comment

Wishin' and hopin'.

Comment

LSC teams wouldn't have to improve their basketball facilities at all to move up. Honestly my Junior High School had higher seating capacity and a nicer gym than Houston Baptist.

Comment

Comment

That 2/3rd vote WILL NOT happen. I don't care who moves up, down, or sideways. That has ZERO impact on such a constitutional change. No matter what people's opinions may be. You can talk until you are blue in the face.....even if what you are saying makes perfect sense. The FACT is that a 2/3rd vote WILL NOT happen to change that piece of the Texas Constitution.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X