Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

That 2/3rd vote WILL NOT happen. I don't care who moves up, down, or sideways. That has ZERO impact on such a constitutional change. No matter what people's opinions may be. You can talk until you are blue in the face.....even if what you are saying makes perfect sense. The FACT is that a 2/3rd vote WILL NOT happen to change that piece of the Texas Constitution.

Comment

I gave you CONSTITUTIONAL FACTS. You're response is resorting to name calling and gobbledygook. Strange responses from a person in the psychology field. Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I gave you CONSTITUTIONAL FACTS. You're response is resorting to name calling and gobbledygook. Strange responses from a person in the psychology field. Hmmm.

Comment

Agreed it needs to be updated. BUT it won't bed for a long while.

This push started in the 1990's....nothing has come of it in 30 years!! I do not expect a change in my lifetime. TX Govt doesn't give two craps about UT or A&M. Heck, Gov. John Connally complained about this way back in the 60's. So, it's been going on for 50+ years actually.

Like I said, 2/3rd vote not happening!

Comment

Mary HBU would be a great LSC move up but that probably is a long shot. SLC is rumored to boot Texas 4 in July so lots of non confrence opportunities or open dates. Not many sports forums where you get to talk about the Texas Constitution. By the way a Name Image Likeness (NIL) has been filed in the Texas House HB 920 by Krause.
            Bill: HB 920
            Legislative Session: 87(R) Council Document: 87R 78 KSD-D
            Last Action: 12/30/2020 H Filed
            Caption Version: Introduced
            Caption Text: Relating to the compensation and professional representation of student athletes participating in intercollegiate athletic programs at certain public and private institutions of higher education.
            Author: Krause
            Subjects: Education--Higher--Athletics (I0256)

Comment

Originally posted by texas observer View Post
              Mary HBU would be a great LSC move up but that probably is a long shot. SLC is rumored to boot Texas 4 in July so lots of non confrence opportunities or open dates. Not many sports forums where you get to talk about the Texas Constitution. By the way a Name Image Likeness (NIL) has been filed in the Texas House HB 920 by Krause.
              Bill: HB 920
              Legislative Session: 87(R) Council Document: 87R 78 KSD-D
              Last Action: 12/30/2020 H Filed
              Caption Version: Introduced
              Caption Text: Relating to the compensation and professional representation of student athletes participating in intercollegiate athletic programs at certain public and private institutions of higher education.
              Author: Krause
              Subjects: Education--Higher--Athletics (I0256)
              Yeah, a few reps have been trying to get this done for years, with no success.

Sooner or later, it will happen.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X