Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WT&TTECHfan View Post

Heard that New Mexico State was going play spring home games at the sun bowl in El Paso.
    The Sun Bowl. As a 9 year old in 1961, I scored a TD in the Sun Bowl, helping my team take the El Paso city championship, 18-12! We were 14-1 for the season. Has anybody else on here scored a TD at the Sun Bowl?
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 02-23-2021, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Does anybody know who TAMUK played yesterday in a super secret game? Players and coaches are patting themselves on the back for winning this game, but the athletic website has zero mention of it. Was it a game against a Juco or D3 school?

Comment

I found it. RPA College Prep out of the DFW area.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
          Was it an overtime win? ;)

Comment

It is crazy the coverage that UNM and NMSU get from NM media, yet they are terrible year after year. UNM is getting better as they figured out that Rocky Long showed how to win there and went and hired one of his former players/coaches who then turned around and hire Long to be the DC. They are recruiting NM HARD heck I get emails from them nearly quarterly asking about players or inviting me to clinics. NMSU is a joke and would not even compete in the LSC, I do not say this currently as a joke but they are not even the second best college team in the state at football, basketball though is another animal.
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Was it an overtime win? ;)
              The Javs won 87-0 from a score I saw on Twitter. It's a big time joke and an indicator of how hard this program has fallen to even entertain much less actually play against a program.. It's a for profit school that is only three years old and doesn't even have an athletic website. RPA is basically a high school team with all their players only a few months removed from high school that are trying to get on a JUCO roster or D3/D2 but couldn't get on one the first time or even second time around during traditional recruiting periods or walk on status. A legit D2 program has no business playing them.

Comment

It was just a scrimmage.
                Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

The Javs won 87-0 from a score I saw on Twitter. It's a big time joke and an indicator of how hard this program has fallen to even entertain much less actually play against a program.. It's a for profit school that is only three years old and doesn't even have an athletic website. RPA is basically a high school team with all their players only a few months removed from high school that are trying to get on a JUCO roster or D3/D2 but couldn't get on one the first time or even second time around during traditional recruiting periods or walk on status. A legit D2 program has no business playing them.
                  It doesn't sound much worse than WT playing North American, a one-building school in Houston that I had never heard of, despite the fact that I live in Houston.

The official schedule for the Javelinas is only 2 games. They might be able to arrange something with New Mexico State! ;)

https://javelinaathletics.com/sports.../schedule/2020

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                    It is crazy the coverage that UNM and NMSU get from NM media, yet they are terrible year after year. UNM is getting better as they figured out that Rocky Long showed how to win there and went and hired one of his former players/coaches who then turned around and hire Long to be the DC. They are recruiting NM HARD heck I get emails from them nearly quarterly asking about players or inviting me to clinics. NMSU is a joke and would not even compete in the LSC, I do not say this currently as a joke but they are not even the second best college team in the state at football, basketball though is another animal.
                    In basketball NMSU is currently 6-6, including a win over Western NM. 25-6 and 30-5 were their records the previous years, which is very good! Not a lot of big names though.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

In basketball NMSU is currently 6-6, including a win over Western NM. 25-6 and 30-5 were their records the previous years, which is very good! Not a lot of big names though.
                      Even still, NMSU athletics is a joke overall.
                      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

It doesn't sound much worse than WT playing North American, a one-building school in Houston that I had never heard of, despite the fact that I live in Houston.

The official schedule for the Javelinas is only 2 games. They might be able to arrange something with New Mexico State! ;)

https://javelinaathletics.com/sports.../schedule/2020
                        True. None the less you have your stuff together in Canyon.

Comment

https://nypost.com/2015/11/29/the-sh...to-lose-games/

CoF at least has a couple records to their name like -124 rushing yards for a game and 343-0 point differential in a 5 game season

Comment

Only 3 games played in D2 today. UTPB had a big win. https://www.d2football.com/scores/

Tarleton's winning streak stopped at 1 in fabulous D1 play! Fellow first year D1 Dixie State beat them rather handily 26-14. One of the Texans' scores was from a kickoff return. Tarleton fans were so excited about their first D1 home game that over 1100 showed up!

https://tarletonsports.com/sports/fo.../boxscore/5503

While I am not a fan of predicting scores from common opponents, I think it's pretty safe to say New Mexico State's season record will NOT improve when they face Dixie State.

Comment

Tarleton fans were so excited about their first D1 home game that over 1100 showed up!
                              What the....?

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

What the....?
                                He forgot a zero. There were 11,000 there.

jk.. The first game was the McNeese game with freezing temperatures. Lots of folks disguised as empty seats. Not a terrible turnout for yesterday's game against Dixie considering capacity limitations and social distancing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X