Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

That's interesting that they would report no impact on program. I would like to see who made these comments. It might go a long way into letting you if the football program is ever going to be a priority anytime soon.

Comment

I just don't understand logistically how this merger will work. I googled map the TAMUCC campus from Javelina Stadium. Thats 50 miles! You thought Amarillo and canyon peeps were b*tching about having to travel 10-15 miles to see WT play? WT had to eventually give in and build a stadium on campus to accommodate Canyon and the students. It would be extremely difficult if not borderline impossible to get TAMUCC students or Corpus as a whole to drive that distance to see games and get behind that product. Even using Buccaneer stadium wouldn't fly since its about 16 miles from the TAMUCC campus and 40 miles from Kingsville Campus.

If Corpus is the dominating and driving force in this and football is the main motivator then a new football stadium would have to be built on or close to campus. Unless Biden shuts down the naval air station on the other side of the island (sarcasm) then I dont see how any of this can work.

In the end all the sports would have to be on one campus and the other campus would be used exclusively for academics.

Comment

I would just rather the football program go away at this point that to take on another mascot name. The Javelina name will not go away, you can count on that (too many ex alumni will be opposed and I guarantee they would storm in the President's office like they did last year before Salinas was hired). The Javelinas really need to make a statement on the football field to get some life going and this has to be soon, in order to get any traction going in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by javs26 View Post

I would just rather the football program go away at this point that to take on another mascot name. The Javelina name will not go away, you can count on that (too many ex alumni will be opposed and I guarantee they would storm in the President's office like they did last year before Salinas was hired). The Javelinas really need to make a statement on the football field to get some life going and this has to be soon, in order to get any traction going in the right direction.
          I do appreciate your stance and I would react the same in your shoes. My only reply to this is it seemed like the mother ship wasnt too concerned with all the anger over changing the name from Texas A&I to Texas A&M Kingsville. I doubt they would let feelings over a mascot slow them down at all if the goal is to get all A&M sister schools D1 at all costs.

Comment

Comment

Here is the .ppt from back in 2016.

https://www.tamus.edu/regents/merger-powerpoint/

Comment

Originally posted by javs26 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I just don't understand logistically how this merger will work. I googled map the TAMUCC campus from Javelina Stadium. Thats 50 miles! You thought Amarillo and canyon peeps were b*tching about having to travel 10-15 miles to see WT play? WT had to eventually give in and build a stadium on campus to accommodate Canyon and the students. It would be extremely difficult if not borderline impossible to get TAMUCC students or Corpus as a whole to drive that distance to see games and get behind that product. Even using Buccaneer stadium wouldn't fly since its about 16 miles from the TAMUCC campus and 40 miles from Kingsville Campus.

If Corpus is the dominating and driving force in this and football is the main motivator then a new football stadium would have to be built on or close to campus. Unless Biden shuts down the naval air station on the other side of the island (sarcasm) then I dont see how any of this can work.

In the end all the sports would have to be on one campus and the other campus would be used exclusively for academics.
                  Last edited by LSC Fan; 02-05-2021, 09:56 PM.

Comment

at least some roadkill could theoretically be salvaged for food if timing is right. The Javelina football program is the carcass that has been picked apart by buzzards and other critters.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X