Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT Running Backs??

Would like to hear if anyone has any insight on the Running backs, I know WT had some injuries last year, how are they looking so far? Any potential surprises from new guys?

Re: WT Running Backs??

Originally posted by KC75Marine View Post
    Would like to hear if anyone has any insight on the Running backs, I know WT had some injuries last year, how are they looking so far? Any potential surprises from new guys?
    Duke Carter is still not going live after injury last year but is practicing. Logan Vallo is still in rehab for his knee injury from last year. They are the top 2 RBS returning pretty easily. Brandon Blair is the top returner outside of them. After that I don't really know anything. The last two seasons true freshmen have gotten playing time at RB

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
      Duke Carter is still not going live after injury last year but is practicing. Logan Vallo is still in rehab for his knee injury from last year. They are the top 2 RBS returning pretty easily. Brandon Blair is the top returner outside of them. After that I don't really know anything. The last two seasons true freshmen have gotten playing time at RB
      One of the easier positions to step in as a true Fr. and contribute, makes sense.

Comment

Good information, thank you for the insight!!

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
          One of the easier positions to step in as a true Fr. and contribute, makes sense.
          In 2017 when we won the NC, we had two freshmen RB's going 1-2, they ran for 150 yards in the Natty. Definitely an easy position to fill early

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
            In 2017 when we won the NC, we had two freshmen RB's going 1-2, they ran for 150 yards in the Natty. Definitely an easy position to fill early
            WE KNOW! :tongue:

Comment

Hope both RB's are back in top condition for Fall practice. Both need to have good season if the Buffs plan on making the NC game in December.

Comment

generally if a running back isn't ready to contribute as a freshman, he won't contribute as a sophomore, junior, or senior either.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                  generally if a running back isn't ready to contribute as a freshman, he won't contribute as a sophomore, junior, or senior either.
                  Hope you are meaning RED SHIRT freshman.

Plenty of Fr come in with good skills and talent but need that one camp, season and spring to get bigger, stronger, and most importantly get used to the speed of the game. ESPECIALLY if the come from 5A or below.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                    Hope you are meaning RED SHIRT freshman.

Plenty of Fr come in with good skills and talent but need that one camp, season and spring to get bigger, stronger, and most importantly get used to the speed of the game. ESPECIALLY if the come from 5A or below.
                    At least in big college ball, you don't redshirt freshman scholarship running backs unless they are injured. It rarely happens. And when it does, it is highly unlikely that they end up contributing in any meaningful way. There are exceptions, but that is generally how it works out. I don't know why. I suspect that it is because if a kid isn't ready to run with the football as a freshman, he won't be ready to run as a sophomore either. And what amounts to 18 months away from game contact probably plays a factor, too.

The same pretty much holds true with the other skill positions, albeit a lesser extent.

Redshirts are useful for bulking up your skinnies.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
                      Hope both RB's are back in top condition for Fall practice. Both need to have good season if the Buffs plan on making the NC game in December.
                      Michael, I don't know if your sauced when you post or just enjoying a Rocky Mountain. One thing is for sure, your comments about WT football are very funny to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                        Michael, I don't know if your sauced when you post or just enjoying a Rocky Mountain. One thing is for sure, your comments about WT football are very funny to say the least.
                        +1

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X