Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sand hogs national no.l 2 in florida

Just received text from Tavares, Florida, University of Tampa beat Javelina SandHogs in national beach volley ball championships, 2 to 3.

Long, hard season for SandHogs, many road trips, many D-1 schools played, some days three matches in one day (!), were national champs last year, second this year is not bad. Even road tripping and playing on Easter Sunday this year.

Lots of folks on campus now fully aware of beach volleyball, a totally different game from indoor VB. Good coaching, good support staff, including sport medicine student who traveled with team, and some of the best student-athletes one could ever meet.

lantana

Re: Sand hogs national no.l 2 in florida

Looks like Commerce has ninja-installed an NCAA compliant sand volleyball venue. I thought they would be tennis courts. I heard nothing about this being done, lol. Hopefully we field a team soon, we need to grow athletics here with the success of our other programs. We sorely need baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      Looks like Commerce has ninja-installed an NCAA compliant sand volleyball venue. I thought they would be tennis courts. I heard nothing about this being done, lol. Hopefully we field a team soon, we need to grow athletics here with the success of our other programs. We sorely need baseball.
      Baseball would be a gold mine up there. With only DBU and TCU playing baseball in DFW metro area, there are so many players who aren't being recruited locally who could play. UNT is in the process of getting their baseball program started for this exact reason.

Comment

Sand VB very interesting sport, much different from Indoor, but like them both. Hope both the Lions and Rams put in programs, no doubt both groups would prove very competitive...

BTW, Hogs did bounce ACU (now playing D-1) two, three times this Beach season...

lantana

Comment

Originally posted by lantana View Post
          Sand VB very interesting sport, much different from Indoor, but like them both. Hope both the Lions and Rams put in programs, no doubt both groups would prove very competitive...

BTW, Hogs did bounce ACU (now playing D-1) two, three times this Beach season...

lantana
          I have been told that it will be installed in 3 years at ASU. Now I don't know if that holds any water, but that is what I have been told.

Comment

Originally posted by lantana View Post

lantana
            https://www.avca.org/res/uploads/med...chVB-3-19-.pdf

According to the AVCA, Dallas Baptist and Tarleton are possibly officially starting programs in the next year or two. Tarleton and St. Edwards kind of had teams last year, but were not very good.
            It also has Angelo, UAFS, MSU-Texas, Texas Womans and UTPB as possibly starting in the next 3 or so years.

That would be awesome, b/c 50% or more of our games are against DI schools, including LSU, TCU, Arizona, Arizona St. etc.
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X