Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENMU needs a new HC

Kelly Lee heading to Brownsville Veterans HS.

Link
    Eastern New Mexico head coach Kelley Lee has left his job to be the head coach at Veterans High School in Brownsville, Texas. Veterans announced the hire Tuesday evening. Lee had been the head coach at Eastern New Mexico since 2017 and leaves the school as, arguably, its most successful coach ever. His .636 winning [�]
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

I'm sure being shut down for a year made this easy for him. Too bad for ENMU

Comment

It's going to be a long road to recovery after this.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
        I'm sure being shut down for a year made this easy for him. Too bad for ENMU
        That's a shame. He did a good job, plus it's a step down for him too. I personally wouldn't want to live in Brownsville, simply because the climate is even worse than Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
          It's going to be a long road to recovery after this.
          You could go after ENMU alumni Mike Nesbitt. He's had some success in Surprise, AZ. That was a surprise to me.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

That's a shame. He did a good job, plus it's a step down for him too. I personally wouldn't want to live in Brownsville, simply because the climate is even worse than Houston.
            Its hard to be a football coach without football.

Its going to be a long year in NM. ENMU will not be able to do anything till the fall.

I don't think it will be a step down, just a step sideways honestly if it were not for this year he would have stayed at ENMU and only left if he got an offer to a d1 OC or HC job. But with this past year and the inability to hang onto player due to no season, the writting was on the wall.

I just hope the program can survive this.

Comment

Its going to be a long year in NM. ENMU will not be able to do anything till the fall.

I don't think it will be a step down, just a step sideways honestly if it were not for this year he would have stayed at ENMU and only left if he got an offer to a d1 OC or HC job. But with this past year and the inability to hang onto player due to no season, the writting was on the wall.

I hope so too. Best of luck.

Comment

Do you honestly think they would cut the football program?

Comment

I don't think so. At place like ENMU football is huge for enrollment. I read study one time that said for every football player that attends a school like ENMU he brings 3 other students with him. That is their most successful program and they just built a new stadium. I can't see it being dropped.

I do think they need to be careful about who they hire. They need to keep recruiting New Mexico kids and running the triple option. in the last 25 years when they ran the triple they were a solid program. When they didn't it was disastrous.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post

I don't think so. At place like ENMU football is huge for enrollment. I read study one time that said for every football player that attends a school like ENMU he brings 3 other students with him. That is their most successful program and they just built a new stadium. I can't see it being dropped.

I do think they need to be careful about who they hire. They need to keep recruiting New Mexico kids and running the triple option. in the last 25 years when they ran the triple they were a solid program. When they didn't it was disastrous.
                    They might not cut the program but they might not increase the funding for it the way they have either.

Comment

No but it was a tall order to keep the program momentum going after this year and now it's even harder.

Comment

Last edited by LSC Fan; 03-06-2021, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Couple of points on two very different topics.

1) The triple option would definitely be the way to go. Tascosa high school in Amarillo installed the flex bone and it has made a world of difference. Other teams in the district can defend it because they see it but teams in the playoffs especially the Dallas metroplex schools would get smoked because they couldnt stop it and/or have young head coaches that were only brought up coaching/defending pro style offenses. If the coach dedicates themselves to developing athletic big boys on the offensive line it works like a charm. Tascosa puts their best athletes on defense and gets a couple of stops/turnovers a game. Of course problem is if they fall behind a couple of scores it becomes an issue. This even works at the 6A level.

2) Working for the federal government you get higher locality and more money working in the Laredo area than you do in the Austin area. Not sure about the Brownsville area but I always thought that was insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Couple of points on two very different topics.

1) The triple option would definitely be the way to go. Tascosa high school in Amarillo installed the flex bone and it has made a world of difference. Other teams in the district can defend it because they see it but teams in the playoffs especially the Dallas metroplex schools would get smoked because they couldnt stop it and/or have young head coaches that were only brought up coaching/defending pro style offenses. If the coach dedicates themselves to developing athletic big boys on the offensive line it works like a charm. Tascosa puts their best athletes on defense and gets a couple of stops/turnovers a game. Of course problem is if they fall behind a couple of scores it becomes an issue. This even works at the 6A level.

2) Working for the federal government you get higher locality and more money working in the Laredo area than you do in the Austin area. Not sure about the Brownsville area but I always thought that was insane.

Comment

Do the Greyhounds go back to a pass-dominant offense again?

https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...erd-tye-hiatt/
                              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X