Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Wut.
    Every year ENMU faces more than one team with NFL talent on the roster.

It fluctuates but I have seen ENMU play plenty of teams in conference and in region who had players that went on to play in the NFL sometimes multiple on one team.

Roberto Garza
    AL Harris
    Keith Null
    Brian Braman
    Daniel Manning
    Bernard Scott
    Johny Knox
    Dominic Rhodes
    Aminu Silatolu
    Marqui Christian
    Khiry Robinson
    EJ Speed

I'm not saying the PSAC doesn't send any, just that I think the talent differential for him is going to be big in what he can get vs what he is going to face.

Prior to being in the PSAC Shepard was in the Mountan East, Shepard was part of the haves, ENMU is part of the have nots, the success we have had is despite our shortcomings due to hiring the right coaches who knew that to be competitive we had to be different.

How well has the spread worked out for Highlands or Western NM?
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      The bevy of LSC DC's are sleeping easier tonight. They won't have to completely change/reorient/re-roster their defenses and pull out their hair one week every year. Whew!
      What a lot of folks don't understand is that the Triple and its run heavy offense did was gave ENMU a defensive advantage. ENMU is limited on scholarship money, so by running the option they can recruit instate kids that have talent, speed, and more importantly extra financial resources available due to state programs that help with tuition etc. This helps them by freeing up more money to recruit juco and out of state players for the defense. The nature of the offense also shortens the game meaning that ENMU spends less time on defense which helps make up for a limited depth chart.

With a pass heavy offense now the clock is going to stop more, every defense in the LSC is built already to beat the spread with far better athletes that ENMU can usually get, and now the defense is going to be on the field more, and late in the game is going to start to get gassed.

Comment

Comment

All three top candidates were committed to running the spread.

Coach Mcgraw was here and was willing to stay. I would rather they gone after a coach that was either a defensive guy that would committ to the triple or at least a run based offense, or another triple guy.

I find it hard to believe that the AD couldn't go find a good option coach. Sounds to me like he either just advertised and took what he got, or is really dumb and actively sought a spread guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

All three top candidates were committed to running the spread.

Coach Mcgraw was here and was willing to stay. I would rather they gone after a coach that was either a defensive guy that would committ to the triple or at least a run based offense, or another triple guy.

I find it hard to believe that the AD couldn't go find a good option coach. Sounds to me like he either just advertised and took what he got, or is really dumb and actively sought a spread guy.
            That makes it sound like they were purposely looking for a change in direction. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

That makes it sound like they were purposely looking for a change in direction. Best of luck.
              That's what I am afraid of, I'm green and silver till I die but Lynn won the conference with Tarleton in year 3, Lee never had a losing season both used in state kids. If by year 4 we are still losing the AD and coach need to go.

Problem is our current president I don't think cares AT ALL.

Comment

What a lot of folks don't understand is that the Triple and its run heavy offense did was gave ENMU a defensive advantage. ENMU is limited on scholarship money, so by running the option they can recruit instate kids that have talent, speed, and more importantly extra financial resources available due to state programs that help with tuition etc. This helps them by freeing up more money to recruit juco and out of state players for the defense. The nature of the offense also shortens the game meaning that ENMU spends less time on defense which helps make up for a limited depth chart.

With a pass heavy offense now the clock is going to stop more, every defense in the LSC is built already to beat the spread with far better athletes that ENMU can usually get, and now the defense is going to be on the field more, and late in the game is going to start to get gassed.
                Yep.

Comment

I saw Jared May's name on that list, he would have been a good one. Great guy too. Oddly enough he has his only head coach win vs enmu, he coached the game Colby was suspended there and won.

Comment

https://goeasternathletics.com/news/...all-coach.aspx

Official announcement

I really hope this guy does well but he is from the PSAC, snd he's about to see what it's like coaching against NFL level talent on the regular.
                    He is going to be coaching against NFL talent? Is ENEMA in the SEC now?

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

He is going to be coaching against NFL talent? Is ENEMA in the SEC now?
                      Yeah a little bit of a stretch. You might face one guy or two at the max in the LSC that might start at the NFL level. Rest are NFL practice squad, CFL, XFL, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yeah a little bit of a stretch. You might face one guy or two at the max in the LSC that might start at the NFL level. Rest are NFL practice squad, CFL, XFL, etc.
                        Even NFL practice squad guys are elite athletes.

The list I posted were the guys I've seen play in person vs ENMU.

Comment

This is a really bad hire and represents a fundamental misunderstanding of what it takes to be successful at ENMU. They should of hired somebody with ties to ENMU or somebody who would of continued running the triple option.

Remember the Air Raid days and all those passing stats that didn't produce a single winning season and make us LSC bottom dwellers. Here we go again. SMH

Comment

And JJ Harp was great at it. Tough to find another one that good.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                              And JJ Harp was great at it. Tough to find another one that good.
                              Wes Wood was probably even better, but like I said we just don't have the defensive depth to play people with true 2 deep defenses and offenses.

The option allowed is to play keep away, the other team can't score if they don't have the ball...

Comment

It would have been a ballsy hire but ENMU should have went after Ken Plunk at Tascosa High School in Amarillo. He runs that triple option flexbone offense to perfection especially when they were in 6A. It was a thing of beauty watching the Dallas Metroplex schools in the playoffs having absolutely no answer for it since they all run spread offenses.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X