Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    It would have been a ballsy hire but ENMU should have went after Ken Plunk at Tascosa High School in Amarillo. He runs that triple option flexbone offense to perfection especially when they were in 6A. It was a thing of beauty watching the Dallas Metroplex schools in the playoffs having absolutely no answer for it since they all run spread offenses.
    That would have been a good hire but I would bet they couldn't match his Salary.

Comment

It would have been a ballsy hire but ENMU should have went after Ken Plunk at Tascosa High School in Amarillo. He runs that triple option flexbone offense to perfection especially when they were in 6A. It was a thing of beauty watching the Dallas Metroplex schools in the playoffs having absolutely no answer for it since they all run spread offenses.
      Prior to ENMU Kelley was HC at a new high school in New Mexico running this same offense and took them from a 1-9 team and made the contenders going 26-9 all three years and making the playoffs, his last year there they went 11-1. I have no problem with giving high school coaches a chance.

Last edited by Boohaha; 04-13-2021, 09:50 AM.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post

That would have been a good hire but I would bet they couldn't match his Salary.
        Very likely. He pulled in over $115k in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Man then strike that idea. I knew some Texas high school football coaches made some money in the bigger cities but didn't realize he was paid that much. I would have never guess that a high school Amarillo football coach would make more than a D2 football head coach.

Comment

I did some research. Looks like David Bailiff makes $125K a year coaching at Commerce. Hank Carter at Lake Travis High school in Austin gets paid around $158K a year. Puts things in perspective.

Comment

I did some research. Looks like David Bailiff makes $125K a year coaching at Commerce. Hank Carter at Lake Travis High school in Austin gets paid around $158K a year. Puts things in perspective.
              Indeed. The number of HS football coaches making over $100k in Texas is staggering. But, most must be worth it.

More fans in the stands for those games than most D2s. More public support than many D2s. More school support than most D2s. That all means more money.

Makes sense why the NM coaches left for HS gigs. One in TX almost certainly pays more. Not sure about Missouri.

Comment

Indeed. The number of HS football coaches making over $100k in Texas is staggering. But, most must be worth it.

More fans in the stands for those games than most D2s. More public support than many D2s. More school support than most D2s. That all means more money.

Makes sense why the NM coaches left for HS gigs. One in TX almost certainly pays more. Not sure about Missouri.
                Missouri was close to both his and his wife's families.
                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Missouri was close to both his and his wife's families.
                  And may even have a chance to win a few games...

Comment

Man then strike that idea. I knew some Texas high school football coaches made some money in the bigger cities but didn't realize he was paid that much. I would have never guess that a high school Amarillo football coach would make more than a D2 football head coach.
                    Other than in metro areas, it's customary for the HC to also be the HS AD. That justifies the HC a salary often just below what the superintendent of schools makes.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Every year ENMU faces more than one team with NFL talent on the roster.

It fluctuates but I have seen ENMU play plenty of teams in conference and in region who had players that went on to play in the NFL sometimes multiple on one team.

Roberto Garza
                      AL Harris
                      Keith Null
                      Brian Braman
                      Daniel Manning
                      Bernard Scott
                      Johny Knox
                      Dominic Rhodes
                      Aminu Silatolu
                      Marqui Christian
                      Khiry Robinson
                      EJ Speed

I'm not saying the PSAC doesn't send any, just that I think the talent differential for him is going to be big in what he can get vs what he is going to face.

Prior to being in the PSAC Shepard was in the Mountan East, Shepard was part of the haves, ENMU is part of the have nots, the success we have had is despite our shortcomings due to hiring the right coaches who knew that to be competitive we had to be different.

How well has the spread worked out for Highlands or Western NM?
                      I guess your definition of on the regular (once or twice a year of facing a team with one future NFL guy isn't regular) is just different lol.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X