Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    WT and Angelo couldn't beat them now. If they go FCS and increase the scholarship limit then the playing field evens out a bit.
    That would be keen to eventually play at the same level as a perennial D1 doormat.

in today's game, Dixie State isn't looking sharp at all, and trail the Texans 17-0 late in the first half. The game is live on YouTube and the quality is very good, except the camera person doesn't understand you need to follow the ball.

Dixie State sells advertising the same painful way WT does. Fabulous Freddie's First Downs! They also keep hyping a guy that will remove all 4 wisdom teeth for $899.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
      The much anticipated rematch of Tarleton and Dixie State takes place in Utah in about 6 minutes. I plan on watching. I think Dixie State will win again, after watching them against NMSU. The Aggies were out of shape, but much larger. One of their backs just ran out of gas on a long run, and was caught from behind. He had 165 yards for the game, so he's pretty good. The last part of the game was worth watching, check it out. There is no way WT or Angelo could beat NMSU, which has had 1 winning season in the last 10 years (7-6).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKLIFbe5deU&t=6273s

Dixie State is very good with big plays, and Tarleton has trouble scoring from inside the 20 so I think the Texas will be outscored.

https://tarletonsports.com/watch/?Live=1802&type=Live
      Watched 1st half of this game and Tarleton is clearly the better team. Talent wise Dixie State is overmatched. Have no clue how they beat Tarleton earlier this spring unless Texans were so full of themselves after destroying NM State. 17-0 Tarleton in the second quarter. One more score by Tarleton and this will be a laugher. Dixie passing attack is anemic 21 yards in first half. Maybe Dixie can do a Mr Hyde in the second half doubt it going to see what other entertainment is out there this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Watched 1st half of this game and Tarleton is clearly the better team. Talent wise Dixie State is overmatched. Have no clue how they beat Tarleton earlier this spring unless Texans were so full of themselves after destroying NM State. 17-0 Tarleton in the second quarter. One more score by Tarleton and this will be a laugher. Dixie passing attack is anemic 21 yards in first half. Maybe Dixie can do a Mr Hyde in the second half doubt it going to see what other entertainment is out there this evening.
        Based on this game, I agree, but last time against Tarleton they passed for 350 yards, and 373 yards last week against NMSU. They clearly are out of synch this week while the Texans have their offense humming.

Comment

Comment

Tarleton QB is really solid. Although tbh he has had no pressure all night. Dixie State is not on the same talent level from what I watched in the first half. Texans could drop 40 plus on Dixie if they wanted tonight. Dixe QB reminds me of Bucky Richardson of A&M everything is a quick throw and inaccurate from 10 yards.

Comment

After watching Tarleton in first half against Dixie, they would beat NM State again if they played them.

Comment

That would be keen to eventually play at the same level as a perennial D1 doormat.

in today's game, Dixie State isn't looking sharp at all, and trail the Texans 17-0 late in the first half. The game is live on YouTube and the quality is very good, except the camera person doesn't understand you need to follow the ball.

Dixie State sells advertising the same painful way WT does. Fabulous Freddie's First Downs! They also keep hyping a guy that will remove all 4 wisdom teeth for $899.
                If WT went and stayed FCS at worst I think they would be middle of the pack in the new Southland. Not sure if I am sold on the idea of moving FBS by 2030 with the WAC.

Great point about the advertising. They would need to go back to the advertising during the Carthel days with football and all sports.

They would have to be all in in all aspects. Otherwise you end up like Houston Baptist.

In my opinion it can be done. The closest D1 school is 100 miles away. For a metro area the size of Amarillo with no competing universities within that range is a huge advantage.

Comment

If WT went and stayed FCS at worst I think they would be middle of the pack in the new Southland. Not sure if I am sold on the idea of moving FBS by 2030 with the WAC.

Great point about the advertising. They would need to go back to the advertising during the Carthel days with football and all sports.

They would have to be all in in all aspects. Otherwise you end up like Houston Baptist.

In my opinion it can be done. The closest D1 school is 100 miles away. For a metro area the size of Amarillo with no competing universities within that range is a huge advantage.
                  I agree, for an extra couple of million per year we can be in the middle of the pack of the Southland, which is a pretty crummy D1 conference. If we do move up, I hope it's to the WAC.

Did WT stop the advertising? I haven't been to any games since the Kimbrough finale. They were still doing "named" first downs then. At the softball games, the numerous Chicken Express Foul Balls with accompanying squawking sound have ensured that I will never patronize that restaurant.

The Dixie State fans, all 1427 of them, were so excited to see their first D1 game at home! Too bad it was a blowout. Tarleton really had their act together and looked MUCH better than they did against their lowly D2 opponent last week. Of course Tarleton has been good for a while, WT last beat them in the Nesbitt era. When we played them in 2019, they were up 51-0 at the half.

Comment

I agree, for an extra couple of million per year we can be in the middle of the pack of the Southland, which is a pretty crummy D1 conference. If we do move up, I hope it's to the WAC.

Did WT stop the advertising? I haven't been to any games since the Kimbrough finale. They were still doing "named" first downs then. At the softball games, the numerous Chicken Express Foul Balls with accompanying squawking sound have ensured that I will never patronize that restaurant.

The Dixie State fans, all 1427 of them, were so excited to see their first D1 game at home! Too bad it was a blowout. Tarleton really had their act together and looked MUCH better than they did against their lowly D2 opponent last week. Of course Tarleton has been good for a while, WT last beat them in the Nesbitt era. When we played them in 2019, they were up 51-0 at the half.
                    To be honest I am not sure about the advertising level. Its been 7 years since I moved from Amarillo. What I meant was advertising on TV and radio about upcoming WT games in all sports and hopefully one day return to televising away games. Really drive the point home this is D1 sports now if it happens.

People in Amarillo and around the panhandle started selling out hodgetown for the new AA baseball team. They made it clear they weren't the Amarillo Dillas made up of semi-pro also rans.

Show people the difference. They wont sell out every game but you can keep attendance numbers respectable especially if that sports team is doing well.

WT will have better facilities both basketball and football than most of the Southland that remains.

Comment

This weekend should be a good indication of how good Midwestern State football program is. No way should this be a rendition of the last time these teams played. MW has a real shot to give Tarleton a black eye in my opinion. Can't imagine either team being flat for this one.

Comment

This weekend should be a good indication of how good Midwestern State football program is. No way should this be a rendition of the last time these teams played. MW has a real shot to give Tarleton a black eye in my opinion. Can't imagine either team being flat for this one.
                        This would be a huge upset. Midwestern has squeaked by Southwest Oklahoma and Kingsville and both teams are horrible.

Tarleton 52, Midwestern 14.

Comment

I'm sure that fans will be packing the stands to see a fabulous D1 team beat up on a lowly D2 team! However, I agree it should be a good game, because MSU is always hard to beat (except in the postseason).

Comment

This would be a huge upset. Midwestern has squeaked by Southwest Oklahoma and Kingsville and both teams are horrible.

Tarleton 52, Midwestern 14.
                            Ouch

Comment

Good game Midwestern hanging tough trailing 27-21 late in the 3rd quarter.

Comment

Tarleton leading 33-21 late in the 4th. Give MW credit they came to play just didn't have enough Mustangs in the stables so to speak tonight.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X