Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost 11,000 at the Tarleton game tonight. Hope everyone was vaccinated!

Comment

I goofed up and got engrossed in reruns of 24 instead of watching a fabulous D1 team!

What I don't understand is why so many people showed up at the game in Stephenville to see a lowly D2 team like MSU, when everyone one pretty much stayed home when the Texans played far superior D1 teams! Everyone knows that a move to D1 will greatly improve attendance, right? Maybe because it's spring football, and no one is on campus, etc. etc !

Looks like I was wrong about the other game. The Peanut Butters coated and roasted the Peccaries 17-2. Sadly Zadock Dinklemann only managed 74 yards through the air with 2 picks while the PB QB threw for nearly 300 yards and 2 TDs. Alas, poor Kingsville. I hope they have better days ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
        I goofed up and got engrossed in reruns of 24 instead of watching a fabulous D1 team!

What I don't understand is why so many people showed up at the game in Stephenville to see a lowly D2 team like MSU, when everyone one pretty much stayed home when the Texans played far superior D1 teams! Everyone knows that a move to D1 will greatly improve attendance, right? Maybe because it's spring football, and no one is on campus, etc. etc !

Looks like I was wrong about the other game. The Peanut Butters coated and roasted the Peccaries 17-2. Sadly Zadock Dinklemann only managed 74 yards through the air with 2 picks while the PB QB threw for nearly 300 yards and 2 TDs. Alas, poor Kingsville. I hope they have better days ahead.

Comment

Commentator said the crowd was "distanced" with separation between them..I didn't see that in the student section. Was there any social distancing or separation between people?

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

What is going on with their attendance?
            They're typos.. They keep forgetting to add the "0" at the end. Last season, they did a great job of that. Must have a student assistant punching in the numbers this year.

Comment

I'm trying to understand why there is so much animosity from WT_TKW... could it be this?
              https://tarletonsports.com/news/2021...-at-no-24.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
                I'm trying to understand why there is so much animosity from WT_TKW... could it be this?
                https://tarletonsports.com/news/2021...-at-no-24.aspx
                Don't mistake sarcasm for animosity. I have said previously not to take this forum too seriously.

I've watched some Texans games this year and pulled for them. I have zero issues with the school, the fans, or Stephenville. It's nice to watch good quality broadcasts for free, instead of the rock bottom crud we have to pay for in D2. I won't be paying to watch WT play NAIA teams next fall.

My point is moving to D1 may not be the fantasy land some people here think it is. If WT or Angelo or UTPB moved to D1 next fall, it would be several years before there would be more than a couple of D1 football wins per year. I just don't want to put up with more losing seasons playing teams I don't care about like McNeese State and New Mexico State. There would be plenty of coaching turnaround in most sports. I'm still waiting for WT to be in the top 10 D2 teams again, like we regularly were 10 years ago.

Tarleton is in the top 25? What I see is a victory over perennial doormat New Mexico State, a loss to McNeese, and a split with fellow newbie Dixie State. The rest of their games this Spring are against D2 teams. Also, take a look at the other teams in that list. YAWN!

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post

They're typos.. They keep forgetting to add the "0" at the end. Last season, they did a great job of that. Must have a student assistant punching in the numbers this year.
                  Why post disinformation?

Comment

Don't mistake sarcasm for animosity. I have said previously not to take this forum too seriously.

I've watched some Texans games this year and pulled for them. I have zero issues with the school, the fans, or Stephenville. It's nice to watch good quality broadcasts for free, instead of the rock bottom crud we have to pay for in D2. I won't be paying to watch WT play NAIA teams next fall.

My point is moving to D1 may not be the fantasy land some people here think it is. If WT or Angelo or UTPB moved to D1 next fall, it would be several years before there would be more than a couple of D1 football wins per year. I just don't want to put up with more losing seasons playing teams I don't care about like McNeese State and New Mexico State. There would be plenty of coaching turnaround in most sports. I'm still waiting for WT to be in the top 10 D2 teams again, like we regularly were 10 years ago.

Tarleton is in the top 25? What I see is a victory over perennial doormat New Mexico State, a loss to McNeese, and a split with fellow newbie Dixie State. The rest of their games this Spring are against D2 teams. Also, take a look at the other teams in that list. YAWN!
                    Just speaking for myself I think the main worry for some of the die hard WT fans is that most of the top heavy teams in the LSC conference bolt for D1 and WT gets left behind with the scraps/added D3 schools or worst case scenario the LSC disbands and WT becomes a wandering GNAC independent or goes to the RMAC. You think no one cares about playing McNeese State they are going to care a lot less playing Western State, Sul Ross St., etc.

If things would stay the same as is I would like to see WT stay D2 but afraid the writing is on the wall and some schools are going to make that jump.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Just speaking for myself I think the main worry for some of the die hard WT fans is that most of the top heavy teams in the LSC conference bolt for D1 and WT gets left behind with the scraps/added D3 schools or worst case scenario the LSC disbands and WT becomes a wandering GNAC independent or goes to the RMAC. You think no one cares about playing McNeese State they are going to care a lot less playing Western State, Sul Ross St., etc.

If things would stay the same as is I would like to see WT stay D2 but afraid the writing is on the wall and some schools are going to make that jump.
                      I understand your point of view. When I was at WT we were D1 and I can tell you it was the 90's before I ever heard of Angelo State, MSU, and Tarleton. I had heard of Texas A&I and East Texas State. We have played Western State before, and generally always play a member of the RMAC. We have 2 NAIA schools on the 2021 fall schedule, and played OPSU and North American, a one-building school last fall.

I came from a poor family, and I had to pay a lot of my own way to attend WT. What I hate to see is students getting hit with more fees, like for the new stadium, which is used 4-6 times per year. That's another $1200 for a 4 year degree and the stadium isn't even large enough to seat all students - not that they seem to care. Yeah, I heard it would be too expensive to renovate the old one, ADA, etc etc except CISD is doing it. Hiring D1 coaches will be expensive. Tickets will go up. Someone has to pay the bill. If it all comes out of PUF, then that's fine, and while we are at it, pay off the stadium and renovate the old Education building. Better yet, give the profs raises!

Sul Ross is a D3 school with under 2,000 students at its main Alpine campus. I don't think we will schedule them, but who knows. Amanda Workman, who was the associate AD at WT, recently became their AD. Congratulations to Amanda.

Comment

Comment

Northeastern Offensive play calling is offensive. QB run yeah that fooled NOBODY.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                            Northeastern Offensive play calling is offensive. QB run yeah that fooled NOBODY.
                            Rowdy the Riverhawk is no match for a D1 juggernaut like Tarleton. Imagine how high the Texans will be rated after lynching Rowdy then disposing of East Central next week!

Comment

Rowdy the Riverhawk is no match for a D1 juggernaut like Tarleton. Imagine how high the Texans will be rated after lynching Rowdy then disposing of East Central next week!
                              38-0 Tarleton in the 4th. UGLY. Absolutely one of the worst Offensives I have ever seen. Looks like 2A football. Overthrows or underthrows receivers runs up the middle or runs wide. No imagination. I wonder if Northeastern draws their plays up in the dirt.

Northeastern St Punter was their MVP with 11 punts on the evening.
                              Last edited by Techster88; 03-27-2021, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Yes the offense is not good. The defense played a good game and shows some potential. We are very very young with half of roster is freshmen. This long spring is s great step for us.

But the qb isn't and he is got a case of the "spooks".
                                Last edited by the Northeasterner; 03-28-2021, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X