Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
    Yes the offense is not good. The defense played a good game and shows some potential. We are very very young with half of roster is freshmen. This long spring is s great step for us.

But the qb usnit and he is got a case of the "spooks".
    Yes, the defense played well or it would have been 76-0. Lack depth in the D line but starters there are solid. It was the Offensive play calling that was about as exciting as watching metal rust. The accuracy of the QB was awful the receivers never had a chance on any pass that wasn't a relief valve 5 yard throw. Is this a new HC or new OC?

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

38-0 Tarleton in the 4th. UGLY. Absolutely one of the worst Offensives I have ever seen. Looks like 2A football. Overthrows or underthrows receivers runs up the middle or runs wide. No imagination. I wonder if Northeastern draws their plays up in the dirt.

Northeastern St Punter was their MVP with 11 punts on the evening.
      Dixie State is pounding lowly D2 Fort Lewis, 44-0 in the 3rd quarter. Their only win of the year over a D1 team was against Tarleton.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Dixie State is pounding lowly D2 Fort Lewis, 44-0 in the 3rd quarter. Their only win of the year over a D1 team was against Tarleton.
        Tarleton players must've been partaking in an all night party before the first game having no respect for Dixie St. Dixie was demolished in the rematch and looked like a JV team trying to play up.

Comment

Yes, the defense played well or it would have been 76-0. Lack depth in the D line but starters there are solid. It was the Offensive play calling that was about as exciting as watching metal rust. The accuracy of the QB was awful the receivers never had a chance on any pass that wasn't a relief valve 5 yard throw. Is this a new HC or new OC?
          No i think it's same bunch of coaches but it's not same team. It's 45 freshmen plus about ten juco transfers to team. 6 seniors on roster and only ten sophomores. Might just be trying to keep it simple. Got a little more creative in 2 nd half and moved it a bit more.

But the qb Looks like he has a pair of nervous feet. And that is worrisome.
          ?????

Comment

No i think it's same bunch of coaches but it's not same team. It's 45 freshmen plus about ten juco transfers to team. 6 seniors on roster and only ten sophomores. Might just be trying to keep it simple. Got a little more creative in 2 nd half and moved it a bit more.

But the qb Looks like he has a pair of nervous feet. And that is worrisome.
            ?????
            Well, there is the answer to why Offense was so bad. I really don't understand why Tarleton scheduled this game as I am sure they knew this.

On another note, not sure where Tarleton found their QB but he has a cannon for an arm.

Comment

Well, there is the answer to why Offense was so bad. I really don't understand why Tarleton scheduled this game as I am sure they knew this.

On another note, not sure where Tarleton found their QB but he has a cannon for an arm.
              I think this was first one they announced this spring. I get it. It's a sure fire win. And in that first year if transition it's about wins. Not quality. With covid getting any games is good since most are playing conference only .

Comment

I think this was first one they announced this spring. I get it. It's a sure fire win. And in that first year if transition it's about wins. Not quality. With covid getting any games is good since most are playing conference only .
                I agree that COVID did have an impact on scheduling. Yes, padding the schedule with weak teams has been done before. Take a look at ACU's first year in D1. They were 6-5 but look who they played. Even then, they had 2 losses to D2 teams. WT had shut them out 36-0 the year before.

https://acusports.com/sports/football/schedule/2013

Comment

Now, this is really funny. Tarleton is ranked 21 in FCS and they have played no one.

https://www.afca.com/fcs-poll-weber-...oaches-top-25/

Comment

Now, this is really funny. Tarleton is ranked 21 in FCS and they have played no one.

https://www.afca.com/fcs-poll-weber-...oaches-top-25/
                    It is a pretty lame list, I'm sure the fall rankings will look much different. I see Incarnate Word dropped from 15 to 18 after losing a game by 30 points.

Comment

ALL 2020-2021 football is a joke. You can not gauge ANYTHING by it.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        ALL 2020-2021 football is a joke. You can not gauge ANYTHING by it.
                        You mean you don't expect Incarnate Word and Tarleton to still be in the top 25 in December? Shocking!

Comment

You mean you don't expect Incarnate Word and Tarleton to still be in the top 25 in December? Shocking!

Comment

So Tarleton just lost to East Central in front of a home crowd of 2,100

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                              So Tarleton just lost to East Central in front of a home crowd of 2,100
                              Seriously, I thought you were April Fools pranking! How could a D1 juggernaut like Tarleton lose their final game of the Spring to a D2 team? Especially one with such a confusing name. How can you be East AND Central? Northwest? Sure. Southeast? Of course, Eastcentral? No, not really. Anyway the Texans only managed one offensive touchdown against EC.

Tarleton ends up 5-3 for the season, including 2 wins against D1 teams - NMSU and Dixie State. They lost to unranked McNeese State and Dixie State. Not bad for their first year in D1, just not worthy of the Top 25.

https://tarletonsports.com/sports/football/schedule

Comment

Seriously, I thought you were April Fools pranking! How could a D1 juggernaut like Tarleton lose their final game of the Spring to a D2 team? Especially one with such a confusing name. How can you be East AND Central? Northwest? Sure. Southeast? Of course, Eastcentral? No, not really. Anyway the Texans only managed one offensive touchdown against EC.

Tarleton ends up 5-3 for the season, including 2 wins against D1 teams - NMSU and Dixie State. They lost to unranked McNeese State and Dixie State. Not bad for their first year in D1, just not worthy of the Top 25.

https://tarletonsports.com/sports/football/schedule
                                Talk about some bi-polar results. Beat New Mexico State and lose to East Central. Were there players out due to covid? I don't ever remember WT even in their worst years losing to East Central.

This reminded me of Montana State in Football in 2006. They beat Colorado in Boulder and the next week got over confident against Danny Woodhead and Chadron at home and got smashed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X